Do hair products cause/worsen/speed up hairloss?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
My hair is quite long, like this
Lv70i4qriny41

I tried using hair mousse and it made my hair look infinite times better, almost like a life hack cause its so cheap as well and easy to put on.

But can hair mousse and other hair products worsen or cause hair loss?

Which product did you use? The problem with all these hairstyling products like wax, mousse, gel, spray whatever is that the ingredients are not good for you. discovered this only last year by using a scan app. if it does anything it would promote hairloss but realistically won't do much probably. there are things that matter much more

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
If they're shitty products and/or you overuse them or apply them too close to the scalp, on the long run they can clog your follicles which will lead to hair loss, or create irritation which will lead to dermatitis which will lead to hair loss.

That type of hair loss is reversible, though!
The only types of hair loss that should scare you are those that are not reversible, i.e. cicatricial alopecia (if the hair follicle is damaged too much it will scar and won't produce any more hair) and androgenetic alopecia (if left untreated for too long the hair follicle just atrophies).

• +1
Reactions: MikeMew'sBitch and TsarTsar444
no but they can damage the hair and/or irritate the scalp

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Which product did you use? The problem with all these hairstyling products like wax, mousse, gel, spray whatever is that the ingredients are not good for you. discovered this only last year by using a scan app. if it does anything it would promote hairloss but realistically won't do much probably. there are things that matter much more
If they're shitty products and/or you overuse them or apply them too close to the scalp, on the long run they can clog your follicles which will lead to hair loss, or create irritation which will lead to dermatitis which will lead to hair loss.

That type of hair loss is reversible, though!
The only types of hair loss that should scare you are those that are not reversible, i.e. cicatricial alopecia (if the hair follicle is damaged too much it will scar and won't produce any more hair) and androgenetic alopecia (if left untreated for too long the hair follicle just atrophies).
I use hair mousse, cheap, simple but makes my hair look way better tbh. Is it bad for hair?