Do I have a recessed maxilla?

imnotincelcore

imnotincelcore

dude
Hi everyone,

I’ve always suspected that my maxilla might be recessed, but I’m not very experienced at assessing facial aesthetics.

Could you help me determine if my maxilla is indeed recessed? Specifically, I’m curious whether it’s just the lower part or if the entire maxilla might be affected.

If it turns out that the whole maxilla is recessed, a Le Fort I would be a cope, right? That would suck because the Le Fort II is not widely available yet.

And if my maxilla is not recessed at all, any other tips on how to surgerymax?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• PXL_20240829_201232172~3.jpg
    PXL_20240829_201232172~3.jpg
    771 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240826_182439752~3.jpg
    PXL_20240826_182439752~3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
yes, i would recommend double jaw surgery, you prob have sleep apnea or breathing problems too right ?
Yes, I have some sleep apnea. But it's not too bad, sometimes I use breathing tape. Also had a very deviated nasal septum, fixed that with rhinoplasty.

• +1
Reactions: lestoa
bimax with infraorbzygos and jaw angle implants
Thank you for the advice. Could you expand a little on the "bimax with infraorbzygos"? What are/is infraorbzygos? Never heard of it and can't find anything on the internet.

• +1
Thank you for the advice. Could you expand a little on the "bimax with infraorbzygos"? What are/is infraorbzygos? Never heard of it and can't find anything on the internet.
implants that cover both your infraorbital and zygomatic regions, also called infraorbital-malar but those don't cover the zygomatic arch most of the time

• +1
Reactions: imnotincelcore
implants that cover both your infraorbital and zygomatic regions, also called infraorbital-malar but those don't cover the zygomatic arch most of the time
Thanks for the explanation. Do you have any tips where to get them? I've heard that the whole custom implant scene is still pretty small and developing and that it's very expensive and difficult to find someone competent.

• +1
Hi everyone,

I’ve always suspected that my maxilla might be recessed, but I’m not very experienced at assessing facial aesthetics.

Could you help me determine if my maxilla is indeed recessed? Specifically, I’m curious whether it’s just the lower part or if the entire maxilla might be affected.

If it turns out that the whole maxilla is recessed, a Le Fort I would be a cope, right? That would suck because the Le Fort II is not widely available yet.

And if my maxilla is not recessed at all, any other tips on how to surgerymax?

Thank you in advance!
Yes

• +1
Reactions: imnotincelcore
Yes, I have some sleep apnea. But it's not too bad, sometimes I use breathing tape. Also had a very deviated nasal septum, fixed that with rhinoplasty.
Oh okay, yes double jaw surgery will def help you. Not only for your looks. But for your breathing problems too.
Hope you ascend