Do I have dental wear? Are my teeth normal?

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
Never had braces tbh, but probably going to wear them for a few months to fix my slight overbite.

Attachments

• 417CFB25-DB5B-4C4B-B229-5E0FFEA5B1A6.jpeg
    417CFB25-DB5B-4C4B-B229-5E0FFEA5B1A6.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
yes quite a lot of dental wear at your front teeth

Never had braces tbh, but probably going to wear them for a few months to fix my slight overbite.
It's ironic because your avi actually shows exactly what will happen to your face if you keep bruxing.

And yes, you have obvious bruxism signs on your teeth. I bet your gonial angle is real short.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Ocelot, PYT and .*my*.

Bro how come your teeth so yellow. Use a Miswak, and thank me later.

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.
It's ironic because your avi actually shows exactly what will happen to your face if you keep bruxing.

And yes, you have obvious bruxism signs on your teeth. I bet your gonial angle is real short.
Awesome. Another problem to worry about.

Is there anyway to stop? That shit is irreversible right?

No I think that happened because of my stupid excessive gum chewing and clenching.

• +1
Reactions: PYT

What do I do now?

No I think that happened because of my stupid excessive gum chewing and clenching.

I developed bruxism cause I fell for the retarded " keep your molars slightly together for forward growth and chew bro!!!!" Fucking autism

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing and .*my*.
I developed bruxism cause I fell for the retarded " keep your molars slightly together for forward growth and chew bro!!!!" Fucking autism
No that recommendation is reasonable, but I was clenching instead of barely touching. And chewing is also what you’re supposed to do, just in moderation.

• +1
No that recommendation is reasonable, but I was clenching instead of barely touching. And chewing is also what you’re supposed to do, just in moderation.
I was chewing everyday for every hour the whole day. And no barely touching gets you into the habit of clenching your sleep which then turns into bruxism. FML

Now I need to buy a mouth guard and always have this shit

I was chewing everyday for every hour the whole day. And no barely touching gets you into the habit of clenching your sleep which then turns into bruxism. FML

Now I need to buy a mouth guard and always have this shit
Your fault no one said chew every hour lol

• JFL
Your fault no one said chew every hour lol
I was a impressionable kid. The chewing didn't do shit but give me temporary TMJ, what really fucked me up was the 'barely touching' teeth shit misinformation

Where did you develope teeth loss? At the back or the front? I fell for the same meme and my back molars are messed up lmao.

• +1
Where did you develope teeth loss? At the back or the front? I fell for the same meme and my back molars are messed up lmao.
Is my bruxism bad?

• +1
Is my bruxism that bad?
Bruxism will fuck your teeth deadly serious, I can’t complain because it combined with puberty fixed my face but that was only temporary you wanna stop it.
I was a impressionable kid. The chewing didn't do shit but give me temporary TMJ, what really fucked me up was the 'barely touching' teeth shit misinformation
That makes sense not gonna lie, TMJ is genuinely serious ngl but the misinformation was what led to the overuse of massetters which causes clenching because they become too strong compared to other facial muscles

• +1
Awesome. Another problem to worry about.
Depends how bad it is, the shortening effects on the face are mostly reversible once you stop chewing. As for the effects on the teeth, they are mostly irreversible. Assuming it's so bad in your case that you literally start seeing nerves, you can regrow the tooth, but you have to be a medical genius and have a lot of money to do so.
Is my bruxism bad?
Yeah it's pretty bad, you're probably still young so that kind of dental wear is too much, you should get guards asap and start stretching temporalis/masseters.

• +1
Bruxism will fuck your teeth deadly serious, I can’t complain because it combined with puberty fixed my face but that was only temporary you wanna stop it.

That makes sense not gonna lie, TMJ is genuinely serious ngl but the misinformation was what led to the overuse of massetters which causes clenching because they become too strong compared to other facial muscles
Fucking brutal. So you're saying I'm gonna have to use a mouth guard for the rest of my life because my masseters are too strong?

Can't I just atrophy them?

Depends how bad it is, the shortening effects on the face are mostly reversible once you stop chewing. As for the effects on the teeth, they are mostly irreversible. Assuming it's so bad in your case that you literally start seeing nerves, you can regrow the tooth, but you have to be a medical genius and have a lot of money to do so.

Yeah it's pretty bad, you're probably still young so that kind of dental wear is too much, you should get guards asap and start stretching temporalis/masseters.
So do I go and get tooth restoration or what?

• +1
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate
Fuck my stupid parents and the stress they put me through
It is fine it is fixable go to a dentist and they will give you exercises to correct it, get a custom made mouthguard from them too.

Then inquire about cosmetic procedures.
Fucking brutal. So you're saying I'm gonna have to use a mouth guard for the rest of my life because my masseters are too strong?

Can't I just atrophy them?
It is reversible you need to speak to your dentist about things you can do such as massaging muscles and increasing strength of the opposite pair muslces to the massetters

after you do that you won’t have to wear it anymore.

• Love it

So how do I stop the shortening affects? I've stopped chewing gum and only chew food. I chew softly cause too much and my masseters get too active. Yet I still clench my molars at night

It is fine it is fixable go to a dentist and they will give you exercises to correct it, get a custom made mouthguard from them too.

Then inquire about cosmetic procedures.

It is reversible you need to speak to your dentist about things you can do such as massaging muscles and increasing strength of the opposite pair muslces to the massetters

after you do that you won’t have to wear it anymore.
Bet giving me some hope

So do I go and get tooth restoration or what?
You can chill the fuck out first of all. Your teeth are fine, dude, you just need to stop bruxing to prevent further damage. How does your side profile look? Didn't you send me your pictures once where you had very short face?

• +1

My face shortening would be detrimental to my looks, it already pretty short genetically

So how do I stop the shortening affects? I've stopped chewing gum and only chew food. I chew softly cause too much and my masseters get too active. Yet I still clench my molars at night
Mouthguard will help stop the shortening effects on dental wear. Overall you need to relax and stretch the masseters/temporalis often, it'll hurt to do so because the nerves are very sensitive.

• Woah
Bet giving me some hope
Well some people here forget dentists aren’t actually there to fuck up your teeth they are there for their health

• +1
You can chill the fuck out first of all. Your teeth are fine, dude, you just need to stop bruxing to prevent further damage. How does your side profile look? Didn't you send me your pictures once where you had very short face?
I don’t think so

• +1
Mouthguard will help stop the shortening effects on dental wear. Overall you need to relax and stretch the masseters/temporalis often, it'll hurt to do so because the nerves are very sensitive.
So mouth guard will completely stop the shortening effects? By massaging it will I eventually cure myself and stop having to wear a mouth guard and can just relax?

• +1
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate
So mouth guard will completely stop the shortening effects? By massaging it will I eventually cure myself and stop having to wear a mouth guard and can just relax?
Yeah mouthguards will

• +1
They will stop the teeth from shortening, not your maxilla shortening. And not massaging, but stretching. Open your mouth as far as possible, now pull it back and downwards slightly with your hands. If you have bruxism you will have a lot of tension, you will feel nerve pain etc because the muscle is very contracted.

• Woah
They will stop the teeth from shortening, not your maxilla shortening. And not massaging, but stretching. Open your mouth as far as possible, now pull it back and downwards slightly with your hands. If you have bruxism you will have a lot of tension, you will feel nerve pain etc because the muscle is very contracted.
Wtf so I'm cucked. I thought the only reason the maxilla shortened was because of bone loss

So if I do that eventually I'll be cured?

Answer kewk

Wtf so I'm cucked. I thought the only reason the maxilla shortened was because of bone loss

So if I do that eventually I'll be cured?
No, ull stop the shortening, if u do what I said.

I can't think of any ways u can get the maxilla growing back.

But u will regain some height because ur teeth will get pushed outwards.

No, ull stop the shortening, if u do what I said.

I can't think of any ways u can get the maxilla growing back.

But u will regain some height because ur teeth will get pushed outwards.
Why we cant get the maxilla growing back?

You can, but good luck figuring out how.
You think this emanel regeneration shit that scientists are working on could fix the problem once its available?

You can, but good luck figuring out how.
I have doubt tho ngl it seem too good to be true jew would never let this happen there is probably a trap

You think this emanel regeneration shit that scientists are working on could fix the problem once its available?
What do the teeth have to do with the maxilla? Either way, yeah, I think in our lifetime we'll be able to regrow teeth.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11053
What do the teeth have to do with the maxilla? Either way, yeah, I think in our lifetime we'll be able to regrow teeth.
I thought it stimulated the bones in the maxilla but not sure

I thought it stimulated the bones in the maxilla but not sure
Nah, lol. Anyways I think it's close to impossible to stimulate maxilla growth without being a mad scientist.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11053
Nah, lol. Anyways I think it's close to impossible to stimulate maxilla growth without being a mad scientist.
Wait sorry for asking probably dumb question but do dental wearing cause shortening of maxilla?