Do I need to decompensate my teeth before bimax?

D

Deleted member 2729

facemaxx or death
Do I need to decompensate my teeth, are my front lower teeth inclined forwards? Or does the look of them tipping forward mostly come from my downward rotated mandible instead? Let me know what you think

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15338 and ifyouwannabemylover
shit man thats scary

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
@RealSurgerymax
@valhalar
@varbrah
@SixCRY

• +1
Decompensation before bimaxillary surgery is pretty common. Surgery first is riskier, because surgery already has a margin of error of about 1mm, which is a lot when it comes to teeth alignment. Only your surgeon can say whether or not you need decompensation first.

• +1
Decompensation before bimaxillary surgery is pretty common. Surgery first is riskier, because surgery already has a margin of error of about 1mm, which is a lot when it comes to teeth alignment.
I mean I can always get braces afterwards if necessary right
Only your surgeon can say whether or not you need decompensation first.
I had two consultations with two surgeons from Italy. One said I need decomp. The other said I dont.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
I mean I can always get braces afterwards if necessary right
Braces after would be part of the plan regardless, it's all factored in so that you decompensate in preparation for surgery, then do surgery, and then follow with short period of braces.
I had two consultations with two surgeons from Italy. One said I need decomp. The other said I dont.
Ramieri tends to say surgery first, so I wonder if it's him. DM me maybe.

• +1
Only your surgeon can say whether or not you need decompensation first.
there have to be concrete criteria. probably got something to do with whether or not you get rotation? the whole decompensation thing is still alien to me. no good info on it.

Last edited:
none at all or after surgery?

• +1
none at all or after surgery?
The plan would be no braces at all. Not sure if that's a promise he can't keep, I hope he wasn't trying to sugarcoat the process of bimax..

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
The plan would be no braces at all. Not sure if that's a promise he can't keep, I hope he wasn't trying to sugarcoat the process of bimax..
pagnoni?

• +1
it probably depends on occlusal plane and rotation during bimax

habe meinen kfo mal danach gefragt und der hat auch gemeint "müsste man dann sehen"

• +1
it probably depends on occlusal plane and rotation during bimax
If I understood correctly, both surgeons wanna do the same approach (ccw trimax with somewhat similar movements) so I dont know how they come to different conclusions regarding my teeth situation :feelswhy:
habe meinen kfo mal danach gefragt und der hat auch gemeint "müsste man dann sehen"
Du meinst er hat sich deine Zähne angeschaut und konnte dir bezüglich decomp auch nichts konkretes sagen?

it is utterly OVER for me. I need TRIMAX ASAP. But I dont know which surgeon
damn u took that seriously, was joking :lul: looks good. holy shit man how many times do i have to tell you, you dont need to rearrange all the bones in ur face, just colouring and hair

• JFL
If I understood correctly, both surgeons wanna do the same approach (ccw trimax with somewhat similar movements) so I dont know how they come to different conclusions regarding my teeth situation :feelswhy:

Du meinst er hat sich deine Zähne angeschaut und konnte dir bezüglich decomp auch nichts konkretes sagen?
hab ihn gefragt ob bei bimax nochmal kieferorthopädisch irgendwas gemacht werden müsste und das war seine antwort. bin aber dann nich näher drauf eingegangen auch weil ich da noch nich 100 % hinter bimax stand.

• +1
hab ihn gefragt ob bei bimax nochmal kieferorthopädisch irgendwas gemacht werden müsste und das war seine antwort. bin aber dann nich näher drauf eingegangen auch weil ich da noch nich 100 % hinter bimax stand.
ok brutal. Ich fürchte es ist OVER für mich. Wie soll man sich in so einem Fall überhaupt entscheiden. Es scheint ja so, als hätten Leute, die damit Jahrzehnte Erfahrung haben nichtmal die Fähgikeit, das klar zu entscheiden. Wie soll ich das dann machen. JFL einfach nur

• JFL
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
ok brutal. Ich fürchte es ist OVER für mich. Wie soll man sich in so einem Fall überhaupt entscheiden. Es scheint ja so, als hätten Leute, die damit Jahrzehnte Erfahrung haben nichtmal die Fähgikeit, das klar zu entscheiden. Wie soll ich das dann machen. JFL einfach nur

• JFL
Show side profile with skin

• +1
Your molar relationship is type 1 right now so since you are getting ccw anyways i see the point on not doing any decompensation and saving you from a year or two in braces.

But i guess since your upper incisors are retroclined if your angle is for the “perfect” bite in orthodontics terms you should do decompensation first.

Do I need to decompensate my teeth, are my front lower teeth inclined forwards? Or does the look of them tipping forward mostly come from my downward rotated mandible instead? Let me know what you think

Looks fine. Maybe lefort 3 is needed plus OBO but other than that you good

• +1
Reactions: poopmaster22
n o

How do you see that
Yes you do you ass. But why do you feel you need to decompenate. I feel your teeth are already ready for bimax and if need be can be corrected after with braces. Of course I’m no surgeon so they will know better. But most of the time braces can fix it.

• +1
Yes you do you ass. But why do you feel you need to decompenate. I feel your teeth are already ready for bimax and if need be can be corrected after with braces. Of course I’m no surgeon so they will know better. But most of the time braces can fix it.
its mainly a concern of camouflage orthodontics. I dont know if I had them

• +1
Hmm well I get wanting to fix an occlusal plane before surgery but I just don’t see the need for compensation specially if one doctor told you not to
its mainly a concern of camouflage orthodontics. I dont know if I had them

• +1
Hmm well I get wanting to fix an occlusal plane before surgery but I just don’t see the need for compensation specially if one doctor told you not to
Well another told me to do it lmao so kinda hard to decide am I right

• +1
Well another told me to do it lmao so kinda hard to decide am I right
Well who did you feel was more trustworthy and are leaving to do it with? Who ever it is then do what they said

• +1
Well who did you feel was more trustworthy and are leaving to do it with? Who ever it is then do what they said
Both surgeons are competent, experienced and friendly. One was more charismatic, however, thats not a great indicator imo

• +1
Both surgeons are competent, experienced and friendly. One was more charismatic, however, thats not a great indicator imo
Hmmm. What other procedures do you want done?

• +1
  • +1
None. Only trimax and either combine it with ramus widening or maybe jaw angle implants
Then I’d go Ramieri if you are not doing orbital stuff. Also that you in profile?

• JFL
whats the logic behind that

ye sure man I look like yottachad but I have half a year spent on an obscure incel forum
Surprisingly half the people on this site are not incel so it could easily be you. Also the sense in that is Ramieri is known more for Bimax and we’ve seen his work on @Gaia262 which was better than Pagnoni who we are just guessing could be decent.

• +1
Surprisingly half the people on this site are not incel so it could easily be you.
Unironically you have a point
Also the sense in that is Ramieri is known more for Bimax and we’ve seen his work on @Gaia262 which was better than Pagnoni who we are just guessing could be decent.
His result is solid but nothing out of the ordinary.

• Love it
Unironically you have a point

His result is solid but nothing out of the ordinary.
You probably are not even recessed. IRL you are probably HTN+ you just come to this site because the world has made you scared of people and you have no social skills around women. Half this site is actually good looking dudes who just can’t talk to women so they come here and vent. Besides yes Ramieri is more functional based probably but I’d rather go to someone we know is on the safer side and can still give good results then someone we know very little about and doesn’t focus as much on Bimax

• JFL
You probably are not even recessed.
I literally am lmao just look at my pics/scans
IRL you are probably HTN+ you just come to this site because the world has made you scared of people and you have no social skills around women.
I am manlet but socially skilled idk how to you come to those shit conclusions
Half this site is actually good looking dudes who just can’t talk to women so they come here and vent.
True
Besides yes Ramieri is more functional based probably but I’d rather go to someone we know is on the safer side and can still give good results then someone we know very little about and doesn’t focus as much on Bimax
Idk its not like Pagnoni doesnt know how to saw a skull in half

I literally am lmao just look at my pics/scans

I am manlet but socially skilled idk how to you come to those shit conclusions

True

Idk its not like Pagnoni doesnt know how to saw a skull in half
Manlet for you is what? Half this site believes anything under 6’3 is manlet. Glad you are socially skilled I guess you are 1 out of 10,000

• JFL
trust me bro its bad and not imaginary :lul:

i still need TRIMAX
Okay. Well then get Trimax. I’m sure your not actually ugly but getting trimax will ascend you even further. Also height only matters in select countries. If you are in SEA and seemingly decent looking you’d still slay

• JFL
Okay. Well then get Trimax. I’m sure your not actually ugly but getting trimax will ascend you even further. Also height only matters in select countries. If you are in SEA and seemingly decent looking you’d still slay
well sadly I live in CHADCENTRAL germany

• +1