Do insoles actually fix feet?

Rt-Rust1

Rt-Rust1

Oh God
Does wearing insoles correcct the shape of the feet over time? Or they onlywork when using them?

For example if the arch is droppy or ifsomebody has flat feet etc

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
No they do the oppsite, best for ur feet arch is barefoot shoes but they make u shorter so they also suck

r/barefootrunning

fixes flat feet

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1 and Deleted member 7098
No. They Do The opposite

• Woah
Reactions: Rt-Rust1
They at least correct your posture and help to fix fuckups further up your legs such as knock knees or whatever.

I've been finding single leg squats (bare foot) excellent for fixing my fallen arches, you simply cannot maintain balance in that position if your foot is collapsing side ways and it forces you to engage those muscles. Plus they're equivalent to barbell squatting your body weight so for high reps they're not a bad exercise in general.

I had worn a 500 dollar worthy orthopedic insole to fix my akle which was tilted inward, but actually it compensated the foot posture while wearing the insole without fixing the ankle posture on the long term

As results I learnt I just had to focus on ny ankle posture to walk properly

• Hmm...
No. They Do The opposite
exactly, podiatry is a scam.

I was scammed in 2014 by a podiatry bachelor who sold me a 500 dollar insole

• Hmm...
I may make a thread about it in future

• +1
I may make a thread about it in future
Yeah man, on top of that I think some foot deformities may be actually caused by the shoes being too narrow if you see most shoes don't allow for pinky toe to properly spread, maybe this is where the things starts to fuck up, I have other theories that I may share in the future