Do jaws looks better in selfies vs mirrors?

T

TheIncelStaresBack

Iron
In the mirror I swear I look like a potato, but in some selfies I feel like by jaw looks good. Is there some lens distortion that actually helps looks for once?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
My jaw looks good in. Most pics from a reasonable distance but you can't see me cheekbones and leanness like irl or mirror. But mirrors I can see leanness in my face but potato jaw...idk...I have legit bdd

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and Deleted member 6401
My jaw tends to look best in pictures taken from a distance, same with cheekbone definition. Getting the camera right up close obscures everything into a kind of amorphous mask. My eyes, though, tend to look better in the mirror vs. distance pictures.

• +1
What's the proper head posture to see how good your jaw actually is? I swear sometimes it feels like I have a recessed jaw and other times I have a decent jaw.

• +1
Reactions: Be_ConfidentBro and Deleted member 6401
What's the proper head posture to see how good your jaw actually is? I swear sometimes it feels like I have a recessed jaw and other times I have a decent jaw.

Same. I slso look better from 5 feet away. My face looks long as fuck in selfies, and everyone seems to take better pictures than I do of me.

• +1

Set your camera up on a surface approximately level with your head and stand facing 90° from it with your gaze directly forward. That's the method I've used.

• +1
I agree that my jaw and face in general looks worse in non-mirrored photo's, like completely asymetrial even.

• +1
lol my jaw looks much better on mirror than on photos. even my fWHR looks lower on photos

• +1
In the mirror I swear I look like a potato, but in some selfies I feel like by jaw looks good. Is there some lens distortion that actually helps looks for once?
Mirrors definetly with good lighting