Do not get glabella and large supraorbital implants

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chip

Iron
I want to give a warning to anyone who will ever be considering getting a glabella or supraorbital implants that extend through a large portion of your forehead. Do not do it.

I had this surgery done, specially designed implants by a trusted engineer and doctor, and it has ruined my life. I am borderline suicidal because of this. I had a fantastic social life that has vanished. I was genuinely good-looking and I would do anything to have my old face and life back. I haven't seen my friends in months. I can't even go out to a bar.

Please, nobody ever do this surgery. I was never a part of this forum until my functional jaw surgery was overadvanced. Rather than do a revision jaw surgery, I researched solutions to balance my face. I tried to vet everything and make the best decision possible to bring myself closer to the face I had before bimax. It has ruined my entire face. I get that it can be exciting to fix your flaws, but you never know what you have until it's gone. Things can always be better, but they can be a lot worse and you do not want to take that risk.

-My entire scalp is dead numb. It has been many months since the surgery. There is literally zero sensation across my entire scalp. It is miserable.
-The implants look completely fake. They do not mimic a natural contour at all.
-I have been forced to alienate myself from my entire social life. I am ruining relationships because I can't tell people the truth of why I can't see them. My entire life is falling apart because of this horrible decision. I am literally unrecognizable.
-I have lost an insane amount of hair due to shock loss and from the incision. Legit went from Norwood 1.5 to 3. I am going to need a hair transplant now to even look remotely normal again. My entire head of hair has thinned dramatically post-op. 200+ hairs fall out every time I use shampoo.
-My eyebrows are completely asymmetric now. All symmetry I once had is gone.
-My cheek implants look completely unnatural. Please go small on these and do not have pointy implants that look obviously unnatural as is often designed on this forum. Try to mimic your natural contour as best as possible, just more projected.
-I have scars on my eyebrows that are very noticeable.
-There is a giant scar on my head that cannot be excused or explained to anyone. It looks deliberate, like an incision, of course. If I go bald at any point I am left with this line across my head. I honestly can't believe this is my life.

Do not take implants lightly. Do not ever get a scalp incision. Genuinely try to mimic your natural contour if you are going to get implants. Do fillers before to test the look. This stuff is not worth it, guys.

You do not want to go through this hell I am living.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: goatedjordan23, Michael Myers, SteveRogers and 34 others
No pics no care but i appreciate all your words

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: greywind, Acromegaly_Chad, HighClassMaxing and 14 others
I was planning on this. Who was the implant designer?

• +1
Reactions: rdqs and Deleted member 24444
I was planning on this. Who was the implant designer?
I am not going to say because I am not here to hurt anyone's business, only to share my own experience.

Just please don't do it. There are better things in life to worry about and devote your energy toward.

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, rdqs, subhuman incel and 3 others
I am not going to say because I am not here to hurt anyone's business, only to share my own experience.

Just please don't do it. There are better things in life to worry about and devote your energy toward.
You'd be hurting more people by not disclosing. Supra/forehead implants are awfully rare and if there's any particular reason for them to be whether because the procedure itself is harmful or if it can only be chalked up to a doctor's poor preformance

• +1
Reactions: greywind, valhalar, cell0xide and 21 others

You'd be hurting more people by not disclosing. Supra/forehead implants are awfully rare and if there's any particular reason for them to be whether because the procedure itself is harmful or if it can only be chalked up to a doctor's poor preformance
lets get real its eppley isnt it

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: greywind, anticel, UglyAsHell and 19 others
hope this isn't larp

i've always been against implants or fillers above the lower third. it's sad to see people confused and deluded get overdone

sorry if this is true bro... just try and reverse back to life, a real one

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: rdqs, Deleted member 19766, chip and 1 other person
still going ahead with your supraorbital implants @mrriceguy ?

Attachments

• 1614650755-20210301-chaeunwoo.jpg
    1614650755-20210301-chaeunwoo.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: rdqs and Deleted member 24444
It was not the doctor. The surgery was done well and is safe overall.

It honestly doesn't matter how good the doctor is. It's the mere fact that these implants as a whole are not natural looking and are a seriously huge mistake if/when you are not satisfied. Like I said, this is life-ruining.

I can see small supra and malar implants working out. That's it.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • So Sad
Reactions: UglyAsHell, thereallegend, rdqs and 3 others
It was not the doctor. The surgery was done well and is safe overall.

It honestly doesn't matter how good the doctor is. It's the mere fact that these implants as a whole are not natural looking and are a seriously huge mistake if/when you are not satisfied. Like I said, this is life-ruining.

I can see small supra and malar implants working out. That's it.
Did it lower your brows btw?

hope this isn't larp

i've always been against implants or fillers above the lower third. it's sad to see people confused and deluded get overdone

sorry if this is true bro... just try and reverse back to life, a real one
It's not. I tried to emphasize that I wanted the result to be extremely subtle. I went into this with a very level head, honestly. Needless to say, expectations with these implants are not reality.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: rdqs, subhuman incel, Deleted member 27660 and 2 others
It's not. I tried to emphasize that I wanted the result to be extremely subtle. I went into this with a very level head, honestly. Needless to say, expectations with these implants are not reality.
do you have actual mms on the projections and whatnot?

Did it lower your brows btw?
Yes, it did and it looks stupid. My original face and orbits, though "recessed" by this forum's standards, was 100x more harmonious even after my less than ideal bimax result. Forward growth is truly a meme.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: SteveRogers, agoostis, rdqs and 4 others
@mrriceguy don't do it.

There are so many factors at play with harmony. Keep in mind that the way your eyebrows literally sit on your orbits is important. With implants, this changes. In my case, it looked horrible.

Do not change anything about your bone structure unless you literally have no chin.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: goatedjordan23, SteveRogers, thereallegend and 7 others
@mrriceguy don't do it.

There are so many factors at play with harmony. Keep in mind that the way your eyebrows literally sit on your orbits is important. With implants, this changes. In my case, it looked horrible.

Do not change anything about your bone structure unless you literally have no chin.
I mean there was another guy who got supras as well and his eyebrow position barely changed

I had supras and looks completely normal.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Michael Myers, NegativeNorwood, Allornothing and 11 others
I mean there was another guy who got supras as well and his eyebrow position barely changed
If that picture in the thread is you, you are literally a good looking asian dude and there is nothing wrong with your orbits. Supraorbital implants will do NOTHING for you. Don't take the risk.

• +1
Reactions: MTNAscension2, subhuman incel and Deleted member 24444
Brutal. I would try to get an opinion on your design from @RealSurgerymax to assess what possibly went / was wrong with it.

Supras are very rare. I think the safest implants remain mandibular angle as in the worse scenario you may experience masseter dehiscence but can easily be fixed if that ever happens. Also implants can be designed so that the masseter actually fits in well.

I've seen uncanny looking cases with cheekbones implants from over projection to the sides. I agree with have to be careful with those as well.

Though, I haven't seen much cases with supras, I totally feel like this is the most complex one and I would be very very cautious with it too. I don't think I need it tbh so I might just pass on this

• +1
Reactions: rdqs, subhuman incel, VenatorLuparius and 3 others
If that picture in the thread is you, you are literally a good looking asian dude and there is nothing wrong with your orbits. Supraorbital implants will do NOTHING for you. Don't take the risk.
That pic is not me jfl, I have super high set eyebrows lul

• JFL
Reactions: malicieusss
That pic is not me jfl, I have super high set eyebrows lul
Try botox. Don't do something that will permanently change your face as the test. I had high-set eyebrows too. Then I got low-set eyebrows. It's shit.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: SteveRogers and Deleted member 24444
  • +1
Reactions: malicieusss and Deleted member 24444
Would it be possible to invite me to this chat as well?
Neah. We can discuss here so other people see.

I only have this screenshot, the rest of my design is on Giant laptop.
I went quite sharp and with a dropdown about 3.5 -4mm.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: greywind, Michael Myers, SteveRogers and 13 others

View attachment 2252763
+ I dont have any scars or numbing. Everything feels natural. It took around 3 months for my upper head(scalp) senses to come back again tho.

• +1
Reactions: Michael Myers, LastHopeForNorman, VenatorLuparius and 2 others
I want to give a warning to anyone who will ever be considering getting a glabella or supraorbital implants that extend through a large portion of your forehead. Do not do it.

I had this surgery done, specially designed implants by a trusted engineer and doctor, and it has ruined my life. I am borderline suicidal because of this. I had a fantastic social life that has vanished. I was genuinely good-looking and I would do anything to have my old face and life back. I haven't seen my friends in months. I can't even go out to a bar.

Please, nobody ever do this surgery. I was never a part of this forum until my functional jaw surgery was overadvanced. Rather than do a revision jaw surgery, I researched solutions to balance my face. I tried to vet everything and make the best decision possible to bring myself closer to the face I had before bimax. It has ruined my entire face. I get that it can be exciting to fix your flaws, but you never know what you have until it's gone. Things can always be better, but they can be a lot worse and you do not want to take that risk.

-My entire scalp is dead numb. It has been many months since the surgery. There is literally zero sensation across my entire scalp. It is miserable.
-The implants look completely fake. They do not mimic a natural contour at all.
-I have been forced to alienate myself from my entire social life. I am ruining relationships because I can't tell people the truth of why I can't see them. My entire life is falling apart because of this horrible decision. I am literally unrecognizable.
-I have lost an insane amount of hair due to shock loss and from the incision. Legit went from Norwood 1.5 to 3. I am going to need a hair transplant now to even look remotely normal again. My entire head of hair has thinned dramatically post-op. 200+ hairs fall out every time I use shampoo.
-My eyebrows are completely asymmetric now. All symmetry I once had is gone.
-My cheek implants look completely unnatural. Please go small on these and do not have pointy implants that look obviously unnatural as is often designed on this forum. Try to mimic your natural contour as best as possible, just more projected.
-I have scars on my eyebrows that are very noticeable.
-There is a giant scar on my head that cannot be excused or explained to anyone. It looks deliberate, like an incision, of course. If I go bald at any point I am left with this line across my head. I honestly can't believe this is my life.

Do not take implants lightly. Do not ever get a scalp incision. Genuinely try to mimic your natural contour if you are going to get implants. Do fillers before to test the look. This stuff is not worth it, guys.

You do not want to go through this hell I am living.
Can you get them removed?

It can take years for your nerves to fully come back after a coronal incision , but they will come back. You should regain a lot of that feeling around the 1 year mark

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel
  • +1
Reactions: Michael Myers, SteveRogers, Eduardo DOV and 8 others
Can you get them removed?

It can take years for your nerves to fully come back after a coronal incision , but they will come back. You should regain a lot of that feeling around the 1 year mark
I did get them removed and now my soft tissue is completely different than pre-surgery.

People go numb permanently all the time from surgery. It's always a gamble. It's fucking miserable to be numb and not even feel the water hit your head in the shower or running your fingers through your hair. Even suffering for years like this will impact you psychologically. It is a constant reminder that you are different from others and that you let your insecurities control you. It's hard to explain but there is merit to being natural beyond aesthetics.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
  • Love it
Reactions: greywind, Michael Myers, SteveRogers and 12 others
Pics? Design? Mms?

I did get them removed and now my soft tissue is completely different than pre-surgery.

People go numb permanently all the time from surgery. It's always a gamble. It's fucking miserable to be numb and not even feel the water hit your head in the shower or running your fingers through your hair. Even suffering for years like this will impact you psychologically. It is a constant reminder that you are different from others and that you let your insecurities control you. It's hard to explain but there is merit to being natural beyond aesthetics.
Tbh your case is probably an anomaly or botch:feelscry: Sorry to hear that you got this and thx for warning people

• +1
Reactions: cell0xide
What was the estimated cost of them?
Around 18,000. I had a lot of stuff(mandibular jaw angles, chin, infras and supras).

I agree with OP, glabella is not a good thing if you want to achieve a natural look. It can look uncanny.

• +1
Reactions: greywind, goatedjordan23, Michael Myers and 3 others
Around 18,000. I had a lot of stuff(mandibular jaw angles, chin, infras and supras).
So it was around 18k for supras or 18k overall?

Tbh your case is probably an anomaly or botch:feelscry: Sorry to hear that you got this and thx for warning people
It's not. I wouldn't post this if it were just a mere botch. Everything was done AAAA-spec and in the absolutely ideal pathway. This cost an insane amount of money.

I promise that other people getting these implants do and will regret it. It will look like shit, but it goes beyond that. You don't want to know how it feels to have implants all over your face. You can't even rest your head on things like a normal person. It changes the way your face feels.

You don't want to have your own family not recognize you. People think you are a freak when you see them and look completely different.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: goatedjordan23, Michael Myers, SteveRogers and 3 others

View attachment 2252763
How much forward projection? Did you discuss all sorts of different designs? Would you say your appearance improved considerably from them?

It's not. I wouldn't post this if it were just a mere botch. Everything was done AAAA-spec and in the absolutely ideal pathway. This cost an insane amount of money.

I promise that other people getting these implants do and will regret it. It will look like shit, but it goes beyond that. You don't want to know how it feels to have implants all over your face. You can't even rest your head on things like a normal person. It changes the way your face feels.

You don't want to have your own family not recognize you. People think you are a freak when you see them and look completely different.
What would be your input on smaller implants? Like chin or paranasal ones?

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers and Deleted member 24444
What would be your input on smaller implants? Like chin or paranasal ones?
Like I had bimax and nothing about that feels weird to the touch. It feels normal in everyday life. Implants above the eyes are a completely different story.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: malicieusss and Deleted member 24444
The thing with implants is that it can be very HARD to nail.

You dont want to go too small or otherwise you will not see any changes in your apperance and basically you didn t improve at all.

On the other side of the coin you have to be very careful to not go too big or it will look uncanny and sure you will see changes but it will not be an improvement. There is a soft line between these 2 extremes and one should be prepared for revisions, I'm just giving you how the reality is.

My whole process took around 8 months so it's important to really think about the design

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: greywind, MTNAscension2, NegativeNorwood and 4 others

If they fucked your face up, they deserve to have their business obliterated wtf

• +1
Reactions: greywind, Eduardo DOV, SteveRogers and 5 others
"Damn, I wonder if the users who are greycel even after years ascend after applying all the lookmax techniques"

What they actually do

@Crusile another victim of looks theory

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Crusile and Deleted member 24444
"Damn, I wonder if the users who are greycel even after years ascend after applying all the lookmax techniques"

What they actually do

@Crusile another victim of looks theory
Looks theory is truly a joke. Nobody gives a shit about how you look unless you are a model, and even then those people still find shit they are unhappy with themselves about.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Michael Myers, MTNAscension2, temporomandibular32 and 5 others
Status
Not open for further replies.