Do not have sideburns if you are ethnic

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
Unless you’re very prettyboy-esque with some white features, you can’t afford to have sideburns as an ethnic.

I don’t know why but they make ethnics weird looking and also makes their eye areas more aspie, very unapproachable.

You can have a high fade, mid fade, low fade or sideburn taper. Whichever one you have would depend on face/head shape but the bottom line is don’t have sideburns.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Boxingfan, Gaia262, SubhumanCurrycel and 7 others
Unless you’re very prettyboy-esque with some white features, you can’t afford to have sideburns as an ethnic.

I don’t know why but they make ethnics weird looking and also make their eye areas more aspie.

You can have a high fade, mid fade, low fade, sideburn taper, etc. Which one you have would depend on face/head shape but the bottom line is don’t have sideburns.
Yes I agree look like a legit incel with this afro rn.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Xangsane, Chadethnic101 and JamesHowlett
Yes I agree look like a legit incel with this afro rn.
Applies mainly to Indian/Pakistani pheno but yeah there’s a reason most black men have fades.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, Chadethnic101 and MakinMogReturns
Unless you have a perfect es ratio you should never have a fade

• +1
Reactions: tyleriol
Unless you have a perfect es ratio you should never have a fade
Completely depends on face/head shape.

High and low fade can cause drastically different effects.

Ethnic eye areas look worse with sideburns.

• +1
Reactions: tyleriol, Yerico7, MakinMogReturns and 1 other person
Fuck bro I thought this was just me seeing things. I legit think I dropped 5 psl points or something cause I let my sideburns grow

• +1
Reactions: JamesHowlett
But the stubble still is a go right?

• +1
Reactions: MakinMogReturns and JamesHowlett

I don’t know why but they make ethnics weird looking and also makes their eye areas more aspie, very unapproachable.

You can have a high fade, mid fade, low fade or sideburn taper. Whichever one you have would depend on face/head shape but the bottom line is don’t have sideburns.
Do you count Med as ethnic? What hairstyle and stubble is optimal for med guys? Like tommy fury pheno

Do you count Med as ethnic? What hairstyle and stubble is optimal for med guys? Like tommy fury pheno
Med should be fine i.e. Michelle Marrone but even then he’s cutting it fine lol

This post is mainly for Indian/Pakistani pheno

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2268
But the stubble still is a go right?
Absolutely, I personally blend my sideburns into my stubble.

When my sideburns are noticeably longer than my stubble it looks shit.

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
Fuck bro I thought this was just me seeing things. I legit think I dropped 5 psl points or something cause I let my sideburns grow
It’s a legit thing mate

If you have long face having short sides is a big failo tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19576
If you have long face having short sides is a big failo tbh
Bro you can have volume on your sides but still have a sideburn taper….

Regardless, still depends. Long face or long head? How wide is the jaw? Zygos? Temples?

Legit
I clean shave my face so when my side grown longer usually about 2 weeks I have sideburns ffs

So majority of the time I'm looksminned coz my fade lasts a week, then I have 3 weeks with thicker sides

• +1
stubble with sideburns looks decent. It fits me.

• +1
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19576
Does this apply to blacks/dreadlocks too?

• +1
Does this apply to blacks/dreadlocks too?
Mainly to Indian pheno but as I said above, there’s a reason why most black people have fades.

• +1
Reactions: fauxfox
Legit
I clean shave my face so when my side grown longer usually about 2 weeks I have sideburns ffs

So majority of the time I'm looksminned coz my fade lasts a week, then I have 3 weeks with thicker sides
Your looks are important as it affects your mentality/self-confidence which affects your whole life.

Getting haircuts more frequently is a worthwhile investment.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and Chadethnic101
You'd have to burn ur face off in order to lose that much, and that's assuming ur higher than 5psl which is probably chadlite in itself

I blend mine to with my stubble

You'd have to burn ur face off in order to lose that much, and that's assuming ur higher than 5psl which is probably chadlite in itself
Apart from the 5PSL exaggeration the difference is noticeable.

Fade is love fade is life

• Love it
Med should be fine i.e. Michelle Marrone but even then he’s cutting it fine lol

This post is mainly for Indian/Pakistani pheno
So clean shaven is better for med? Look up Tommy fury for what I mean by med. dark skin light eyes etc

So clean shaven is better for med? Look up Tommy fury for what I mean by med. dark skin light eyes etc
I didn’t say anything about clean shaven; if you have stubble just blend that into the sideburns. Stubble is ideal anyways

I know who Tommy Fury; for guys like that it depends, sideburns isn’t automatically an SMV killer like it is with Indian/Pakistani pheno.

Applies mainly to Indian/Pakistani pheno but yeah there’s a reason most black men have fades.
Why does ethnic always have to mean South Asian curry?

I didn’t say anything about clean shaven; if you have stubble just blend that into the sideburns. Stubble is ideal anyways

I know who Tommy Fury; for guys like that it depends, sideburns isn’t automatically an SMV killer like it is with Indian/Pakistani pheno.
Can I dm you

Why does ethnic always have to mean South Asian curry?
Not always but mostly. South Asians make up most of the ethnic user base here.

no one should have sideburns

@thecel What’s troubling you?

@MakinItHappenReturn I saw this with your fade pic as well; it made your eye area look better compared to when you had thick sideburns.

@MakinItHappenReturn I saw this with your fade pic as well; it made your eye area look better compared to when you had thick sideburns.

This?

• +1