Do people overestimate how difficult it is to actually lose weight?

alcoholicToad

alcoholicToad

Silver
How difficult is it actually to lose weight if you’re say in your late teens or early 20s?

Is it really as simple as sticking to a clean diet and making sure you’re at least somewhat physically active?

Say you want to go from 20% to 15% or even 10% body fat

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: curryascenderr, aspiringexcel and MagaPutinism
Drink more coffee and chew more gum

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Is it really as simple as sticking to a clean diet and making sure you’re at least somewhat physically active?
It’s even simpler, just eat less calories than your maintenance, don’t even need to exercise or eat healthy

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
Yeah its very easy, but my fatcels know once u hit that 15% range and you just need to lose those last pounds is where it becomes the hardest

Im in that phase rn its hard asf

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, xevuxia and yue
Yeah its very easy, but my fatcels know once u hit that 15% range and you just need to lose those last pounds is where it becomes the hardest

Im in that phase rn its hard asf
Yeah it’s weird to me how people here make it out like lowering your body fat percentage is someone crazy feat that requires serious dedication, maybe if you want to get as low as 10% though

• +1
Reactions: ShawarmaFilth
Yeah it’s weird to me how people here make it out like lowering your body fat percentage is someone crazy feat that requires serious dedication, maybe if you want to get as low as 10% though
It is mentally hard im not even gonna lie

If you’re naturally a fatcel like me once u hit that 15% range it’s pretty fucking hard

Theoretically it gets more difficult to lose weight the lower your body fat percentage gets but losing weight is painfully easy once you eliminate carbohydrates.

depends on your baseline, once you start going below your baseline bf% your body starts fighting you in every way it can, because you are basically destroying it.

Depends on your career to be honest. If you have a stressful white collar job, then chances are you don’t have time for regular exercise and cooking, so you order food online and eat more than you need to cope with stress.

It’s easy up to a point

Depends on your career to be honest. If you have a stressful white collar job, then chances are you don’t have time for regular exercise and cooking, so you order food online and eat more than you need to cope with stress.
Time for cooking? Chicken takes like 10 minutes to fry up, what the fuck do people actually mean when they say they don’t have time to cook

This shit pisses me off man

How difficult is it actually to lose weight if you’re say in your late teens or early 20s?

Say you want to go from 20% to 15% or even 10% body fat
Yeah its easy the problem is for people that get genuinely rly fat food is an addiction. They comfort eat the same way people use drugs and u cant go cold turkey on food like u can drugs so moderating it is rly difficult for those types of ppl.

• +1
Reactions: alcoholicToad
Yeah its easy the problem is for people that get genuinely rly fat food is an addiction. They comfort eat the same way people use drugs and u cant go cold turkey on food like u can drugs so moderating it is rly difficult for those types of ppl.
Yeah this makes some kind of sense, still though for a normal person surely it shouldn’t be that hard

Theoretically it gets more difficult to lose weight the lower your body fat percentage gets but losing weight is painfully easy once you eliminate carbohydrates.
Wdym jfl losing weight is mentally exhausting in itself why the fuck would you eliminate carbohydrates

I’ve also lost weight on keto, low carb, high carb, its all the same man its just those stupid calories

Yeah this makes some kind of sense, still though for a normal person surely it shouldn’t be that hard
Normal person who didnt have parents tht let them get fat and have shit lifestyle yh its super easy until about 8% bf where u hit a sticking point and your body doesnt wna lose more.

The higher the starting bodyfat the easier it is to lose weight. Dropping from 20% to 15% is a lot easier than 15% to 10%