Reactions: appealmaxed
Running is less efficient than walking and puts too much stress on your joints

• +1
Reactions: Emzi, Trilogy, micropp and 3 others
  • +1
Reactions: not__cel, ltsOver and HTN_Mentalcel
  • +1
Reactions: Emzi, HTN_Mentalcel and appealmaxed
Yes. Anyone that’s into fitness would tell you that.
surely it would burn more to run tho?
or would running increase appetite and stuff making ir pointless?

• +1
Reactions: not__cel, ltsOver and HTN_Mentalcel
surely it would burn more to run tho?
or would running increase appetite and stuff making ir pointless?
In the long run it’s bad on the body

• +1
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel and appealmaxed
according to google and chatgpt it burns the same amount of calories

i wondered the same a few months ago

• Woah
according to google and chatgpt it burns the same amount of calories

i wondered the same a few months ago
fr?
like if i walked 10km and walked 10km they both burn 500 for example?

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and ltsOver
fr?
i assume u mean running 10km any walking 10km but yes according to google u burn the same amount

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: appealmaxed and HTN_Mentalcel
i assume u mean running 10km any walking 10km but yes according to google u burn the same amount
Yeah trust jewgle bro

• JFL
Reactions: IndraBC and appealmaxed
fr?
Thus, for the same duration, running burns almost twice the calories of walking. However, if the comparison is made over the same distance, running still burns more calories but the difference is less stark.

In summary, running burns more calories than walking both per unit of time and per unit of distance due to the higher intensity and increased energy demand.

this is what chatgpt says

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: NumbThePain, appealmaxed and HTN_Mentalcel
Bro just walk running is dogshit, spikes appetites, marathon runners look and age worse than roided gymcels srs. Its the biggest looksmin .

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Trilogy, IndraBC and appealmaxed
Thus, for the same duration, running burns almost twice the calories of walking. However, if the comparison is made over the same distance, running still burns more calories but the difference is less stark.

In summary, running burns more calories than walking both per unit of time and per unit of distance due to the higher intensity and increased energy demand.

this is what chatgpt says
over for google

• +1
Reactions: not__cel, ltsOver and buflek
Running, because your sweating and stressing your body out just like in the gym or any other sport or cardio

Running burns more calories / km

• +1
Reactions: ltsOver
Running is less efficient than walking and puts too much stress on your joints
Only if you run too much, low level stress can make the joints stronger...

• +1
Only if you run too much, low level stress can make the joints stronger...
for fat loss what you think’s best, running or walking?
i’m hearing that running will increase appetite a lot so would be counter productive as it would be far easier to eat more calories than you’ve burnt if it increases hunger etc.
i also heard about runners face or something, which makes face apparently sag.
appetite increase sounds legit tbh, but the rest kinda sound like cope for not running but idk. what do u think? would it be counter productive to run for leanmax?

• +1
Running takes more calories because it is harder

I would suggest walking, the exception being if you are interested in running and improving your cardio to run further and faster.

A key thing with a fitness habit is consistency

To consistently run to burn calories, you will need to motivate yourself for an exhausting run, then consistently maintain willpower to not want to eat later due to increased appetite.

Opposed to walking, this is a bit more relaxing, you can also focus on a podcast in the background or a music video, personally I listen to thinking ape from youtube on my walks when I get out of my NEETcave

So for these reasons walking is far superior

Theres 2 important tips I would give that no one mentioned above with walking

1. Try to walk up an incline

Whatever is best near you, a slight incline or even a steep hill, try use anything available, this improves efficiency for your goals

2. Walk with intensity

You should be walking fast! Walk as if you want to arrive to your destination faster and do not allow your pace to drop.

This is the mistake fatty mcfat fucks make, they go for a walk and walk extremely slow to the point it is not even excercise.

Hope this helps

• Love it
for fat loss what you think’s best, running or walking?
i’m hearing that running will increase appetite a lot so would be counter productive as it would be far easier to eat more calories than you’ve burnt if it increases hunger etc.
i also heard about runners face or something, which makes face apparently sag.
appetite increase sounds legit tbh, but the rest kinda sound like cope for not running but idk. what do u think? would it be counter productive to run for leanmax?
You burn more when running, you start to sweat and all. Too much running can be counterproductive though, so it's better to mix in other exercises as well - swimming, cycling, aerobics, etc.

• +1
1. Try to walk up an incline

Whatever is best near you, a slight incline or even a steep hill, try use anything available, this improves efficiency for your goals

2. Walk with intensity

You should be walking fast! Walk as if you want to arrive to your destination faster and do not allow your pace to drop.
what i’ve tried to start doing is walking 1-1.5 hours in morning and then walking to the gym which is like 30-40 mins in the evening to try get as much walking cardio as possible.
idk how much that would burn. is like 3.5mph a good walking pace? any idea? it’s faster than normal walk.

• +1
what i’ve tried to start doing is walking 1-1.5 hours in morning and then walking to the gym which is like 30-40 mins in the evening to try get as much walking cardio as possible.
idk how much that would burn. is like 3.5mph a good walking pace? any idea? it’s faster than normal walk.
Yeah that speeds good, in reality though walking speed can't be autistically tracked so an earnest effort has to be given to maintain a brisk walk throughout

Walking to gym is good I do it too, I barely do any warm up before gym because I just walk