do you believe in CICO for fat loss

appealmaxed

appealmaxed

bruxism saves lives
CICO - cals in cals our
do u believe that to lose fat, you have to be eating in a caloric deficit? it doesn’t matter what those cals are, just as long as you eat more than you expend (w good protein intake), you will lose fat.

or

just eat clean and not processed foods and you will lose fat. i’ve heard people say they didn’t lose weight at 2000 cals, but when they switched to non processed food, they ate upwards of 3000 cals and still lost fat.

i was personally inclined to say cals in cals out, but comments like the ones above, and eddie abbew transformations lol show that they are indeed losing fat from just not eating processed food i think, unless they are subconsciously in a deficit since non processed are less calorie dense.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: timid
@Orc @NorwoodAscender @Clavicular @dragomaxxer @TechnoBoss @noodlelover

• +1
Reactions: timid
switched to non processed food, they ate upwards of 3000 cals and still lost fat.
if their maintenance calories were 3500 (exercise + huge muscle mass) then sure. otherwise sounds BS. cico works unless you only eat complete shit.

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
CICO - cals in cals our
do u believe that to lose fat, you have to be eating in a caloric deficit? it doesn’t matter what those cals are, just as long as you eat more than you expend (w good protein intake), you will lose fat.

or

just eat clean and not processed foods and you will lose fat. i’ve heard people say they didn’t lose weight at 2000 cals, but when they switched to non processed food, they ate upwards of 3000 cals and still lost fat.

i was personally inclined to say cals in cals out, but comments like the ones above, and eddie abbew transformations lol show that they are indeed losing fat from just not eating processed food i think, unless they are subconsciously in a deficit since non processed are less calorie dense.
Cals in cals out + protein and exercise to keep muscles and only/mostly lose fat

• +1
this worked only because he was doing keto, it seems. if you consume 0 carbs then sure, you may go over your daily calorie limit and lose weight, as the body activates ketogenesis, which in normal circumstances is turned off, regardless of how much calories you consume.

however ppl with shitty livers/alcohol abuse shouldn't just hop on keto or their liver will be f*cked.

• +1
this worked only because he was doing keto, it seems. if you consume 0 carbs then sure, you may go over your daily calorie limit and lose weight, as the body activates ketogenesis, which in normal circumstances is turned off, regardless of how much calories you consume.

however ppl with shitty livers/alcohol abuse shouldn't just hop on keto or their liver will be f*cked.
so keto kinda negates CICO?
how many carbs max to enter ketogenesis? cos they bound to eat at least some

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and timid
so keto kinda negates CICO?
how many carbs max to enter ketogenesis? cos they bound to eat at least some
Yeah, I believe it can negate CICO to a certain extent. Not an expert, but I saw ppl recommend 15-20 g carbs a day. Anything above 40-50 will get you out of ketogenesis. Essentially u just consume dairies, meat etc where there are no carbs. anything else will kill your keto weightloss.

I tried that once for a week and then stopped. I simply couldn't restrict my diet that much. Also at the beginning my brain was completely shut, since it also needs carbs. Exercise + calorie deficit and 30h fasting on sundays were easier for me than this. but others may think differently.

• +1
CICO is a fact, if you eat less calories you will lose weight. you can't gain weight from eating below your maintenance.

The reason a lot of retards think that CICO doesn't work is because when they eat whole foods (NOT GOYSLOP) they find that they lose fat, even despite eating the same amount of calories. Whole foods have more nutrients which contribute to an improved hormonal profile which facilitates fat loss

more often than not when people stop eating goyslop they just tend to eat less calories, as goyslop is filled with cals

• +1