Do you believe in free will?

Do you believe in free will? Chose the options that most closely matches your beliefs.

• No. All actions are predetermined by an omnipotent god

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • No.its an illusion because all thought and action is based off of biochemical reactions/genetics

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • I'm not sure (jfl)

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Yes. God has given us free will so that we may sought after morality.

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Yes. Our minds have the capacity to make decisions completely independent of natural urges.

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
Deleted member 2607

Deleted member 2607

Zephir
Another poll thread boys. Now I'm wondering what looksmaxers believe about the concept of free will.

Biochemical reactions/genetics

After minoxidil this is what I believe. I did nothing to deserve this.

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 2587, Administrator, BigBoy and 1 other person
LOOKSMAX.ME

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 2587 and Deleted member 2607
we live in a deterministic universe therefore we are deterministic by nature.

• +1
Reactions: WhatToDo and BigBoy

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2607
But it doesn't matter, because we cannot comprehend the universe to see beyond the illusion of free will. We get to enjoy free will even though it's not real.

• +1
Reactions: BigBoy
Good read, but looksmaxing is a way to control your destiny, and thus an extension of free wll, right?

Good read, but looksmaxing is a way to control your destiny, and thus an extension of free wll, right?
We are all here because of a reason. The only thing that matters is now because your past events have led you here. Everything is very straight forward.

• +1
Reactions: GetThatBread
We are all here because of a reason. The only thing that matters is now because your past events have led you here. Everything is very straight forward.
So by changing your looks you physically change your fate and destiny?

• +1
Reactions: a1phenohorriblebones
a combination of your brain chemistry and life experiences is what brought you here. not "free will".
I'm a philosophical optimist, so I believe that people have enough impulsivity for it to be considered "free will" even if almost all of the decisions you make and the thoughts you have are predetermined by genetics, chemistry, and memory.

Another poll thread boys. Now I'm wondering what looksmaxers believe about the concept of free will.

Self is an illusion.
No boundaries actually exist between our body and the environment.

So by changing your looks you physically change your fate and destiny?
yes. that is why, imo, on a philosophic and deep level, people do not want you to change. that’s why it’s discouraged.

example: go from start to finish, think about your life right now (ur current looks) and how ur life would play out if u were stuck with your looks rn.

now imagine your looksmaxed self (your ideal version of yourself): imagine your life from the moment u look like ur idealized self to the end. it probably seems different.

looksmaxing will alter your reality. it will change the way you live your life. it is all predetermined bc if you reach your goal, you will reach your goal. if you don’t reach your goal, you will not reach ur goal. but however you live and look, that is how you are supposed to be treated bc that is where you ended up. if you want to change the way ur treated, your past life events made you come to the conclusion that you want to change. hence, there wasn’t free will bc you came to that conclusion based on past experiences and now you are here.

it is very straightforward and the more i try to explain it, the more confusing it becomes.

• +1
Reactions: GetThatBread
Yes I do
I chose to post this comment because I wanted to. If I didn't want to I wouldn't have posted it.

Because I consciously right now decide to say hi I will quote it:
"hi"

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 2607
Yes I do
I chose to post this comment because I wanted to. If I didn't want to I wouldn't have posted it.

"hi"
no. you are a slave to your prenatal hormones, genes, and childhood. it is who you are

Yes I do

"hi"
Chad non philosophical answer

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
Super interesting philosophical debate tbh.
Yes I do

"hi"
Did you really though? I mean I know you did, but the only reason you did that is because the total sum of all the atoms that make up your brain meat have compelled you to. Your life experiences up until this very moment have molded you into the exact person the universe requires to type that post.

no. you are a slave to your prenatal hormones, genes, and childhood. it is who you are
Has nothing to do with that but ok
Super interesting philosophical debate tbh.

Did you really though? I mean I know you did, but the only reason you did that is because the total sum of all the atoms that make up your brain meat have compelled you to. Your life experiences up until this very moment have molded you into the exact person the universe requires to type that post.
A nigga be chilling

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Man I wanna believe in free will so it exists 😭😩😩😩😠🥵😳😥

both and neither

Determenism is based af and honestly Im surprised so many high IQ guys here understand free will is an illusion

On one hand I do believe that a god did make us to rationalize, weigh potential benefits/penalties and ultimately make a decision on things we want to do.

On the other hand the cold hard truth of genetical determinism leads me to believe that what we do in life is based on our genetical ability that is inherited from our ancestors. Aka, some people get a better deal than others.

Determenism is based af and honestly Im surprised so many high IQ guys here understand free will is an illusion
People who have enough time to post on a boundary pushing social phenomenon site have enough time to have deep philosophical thoughts and ambitions

Chad is too busy fucking stacy and having a healthy social and financial life to care. Chad probably has at least a subconscious understanding of the philosophical implications of free will, but doesnt care enough to verbalize it

• +1
Reactions: Limbo and Deleted member 5185
I honestly DK if free will is real or not because if it was then that means we all have the knowledge and will to better ourselves in which what is happening right now but at the same time it could be all predetermined @PrettyBoyMaxxing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
I honestly DK if free will is real or not because if it was then that means we all have the knowledge and will to better ourselves in which what is happening right now but at the same time it could be all predetermined @PrettyBoyMaxxing
honestly whatever makes you not suicidal you should believe in jfl.

honestly whatever makes you not suicidal you should believe in jfl.
Only morbid thought I can’t really stop thinking about is doing all of this to ascend just for people outside of my social circle to revere me as a god. The thought of sitting on a medical bed waiting for the surgeon to place me into anesthesia just to be top tier is a morbid thought. It sucks that I have to do this in order to get an edge in life whether that be women, work, social events etc. how can I cope with that; I had to get this type of surgery so this female can “love” me etc etc. genetics is everything

Free will is an adaptive coping mechanism to minimize the rate at which incels commit suicide.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and Deleted member 2607
Only morbid thought I can’t really stop thinking about is doing all of this to ascend just for people outside of my social circle to revere me as a god. The thought of sitting on a medical bed waiting for the surgeon to place me into anesthesia just to be top tier is a morbid thought. It sucks that I have to do this in order to get an edge in life whether that be women, work, social events etc. how can I cope with that; I had to get this type of surgery so this female can “love” me etc etc. genetics is everything
Dont do it for love. Do it for power. Knowledge is power. Looks is power.
Free will is an adaptive coping mechanism to minimize the rate at which incels commit suicide.
The caveman who first conceptualized free will was probably beta

• +1
Reactions: a1phenohorriblebones
i
it is what it is. we only got one life. the goal for me at least is to be good looking enough to where i benefit from my looks everyday whether that be to benefit from lookism or validation.

people are driven by natural instinct. Things like food, sleep or sex for example. But not only that. Competivness for example is part of man nature. You might say its instinct but not exactly... You might actually fight, which is primal but you can compete in video game, racing cars or playing volleyball.

What about passions of different people? Well many of those pasions are not primal. There are people like socrates who think much more deeply than their primal instint force them too (getting group of other people to be safe, food and sex). So yeah its quite interesting topic.

I'm a determinist, I don't really believe in free will at all.

No I do not, even if a God exists he supposedly knows the future so you are fated into doing whatever actions you choose. Religious people try to rationalize this as a "mystery beyond our comprehension", which is just a way of saying "stop using logic against relgious doctrine"

No I do not, even if a God exists he supposedly knows the future so you are fated into doing whatever actions you choose. Religious people try to rationalize this as a "mystery beyond our comprehension", which is just a way of saying "stop using logic against relgious doctrine"
Chill fedora