Do you have a driver's license?

• Total voters
Do you have a disability like a broken leg?

No, it is my brain.

can you drive go-karts?

Only in Mario Kart. I never went for go-kart though but since I am not exposed to the public and I would only drive alone in a small area with a tiny vehicle, I would say I am at least capable of doing that.

sorry for the brag, but we all like to brag sometimes on something that went right for once.

I wish I could also brag about something.

Here in Sweden you don't need a car at all if you live in the big cities and work in the city centre, public transportation is actually better for many people and way cheaper.

Public transportation is not better and it is not even that cheap, in fact, it is also quite expensive.
In Germany, public transportation is quite expensive and also inconvenient. Driving in general is just far superior. This is why, In Germany, we have 60 million cars.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310
No, it is my brain.

Only in Mario Kart. I never went for go-kart though but since I am not exposed to the public and I would only drive alone in a small area with a tiny vehicle, I would say I am at least capable of doing that.

I wish I could also brag about something.
I would try it, it's fun.

Public transportation is not better and it is not even that cheap, in fact, it is also quite expensive.
In Germany, public transportation is quite expensive and also inconvenient. Driving in general is just far superior. This is why, In Germany, we have 60 million cars.
Damn, it's damn near free in Sweden compared to having a car in the cities.

If you're older than 20 and don't have a license you should strongly consider roping

I have my license but I'm shit at driving tbf

• +1
Reactions: LastGerman
How many lessons have you had

I had 13 lessons in total and 10 lessons of it with driving simulation, yet I did not make any progress whatsoever. It does not matter how many lessons I take. In the end you cannot learn how to drive:
"All the instructor can do is tell you what you need to do and what you're not doing right. He calls you out but he can't do it for you. He can't get your brain to understand

It's like how the best music teacher in the world can't make a great artist out of someone with no rhythm and/or bad hearing."

I had 13 lessons in total and 10 lessons of it with driving simulation, yet I did not make any progress whatsoever. It does not matter how many lessons I take. In the end you cannot learn how to drive:
"All the instructor can do is tell you what you need to do and what you're not doing right. He calls you out but he can't do it for you. He can't get your brain to understand

It's like how the best music teacher in the world can't make a great artist out of someone with no rhythm and/or bad hearing."
Brutal

You want to get your driver's license asap. Insurance companies will charge less the longer you have had your driver's license, regardless of you driving or not. So i advise everyone here to get it as soon as you are of legal age.

Failed driver test for motorcycle(they said drive the bike in an 8 position three times in total on a slope)
Failing meant wait at least 1 whole year before reapplying
So I went to pakistan
Paid bribe and got driver license made for motorcycle and manual car both in Pakistan
Came back and had the Pakistani driving license converted to local license of motorcycle and car

Feelsgoodman.jpg

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4209
I had 13 lessons in tota

13 lessons is a laughably small amount - it equates to what, 20 hours? some people drive like shit even with 20 years of experience. i highly doubt that you lack the raw brain/coordination power required (especially not for an automatic), it's most likely a psychosomatic problem. (or you're a great at LARPing about all that) get yourself a small car for 1000 euros and start driving it around the countryside, you'll get good in no time.

• +1
Reactions: goat2x
2-3 weeks more of lessons and i will. not that i will have anywhere to go of course. 🚗

13 lessons is a laughably small amount

How exactly is this laughable? I had 13 lessons and I did not make ANY progress whatsoever.

some people drive like shit even with 20 years of experience. i highly doubt that you lack the raw brain/coordination power required (especially not for an automatic), it's most likely a psychosomatic problem.

This is called coping.

(or you're a great at LARPing about all that)

What? Larping about what exactly? That I had 13 lessons and that I did not make any progress whatsoever? Why the fuck should I larp about that? I wish it was all a larp though but unfortunately it happened.

get yourself a small car for 1000 euros and start driving it around the countryside, you'll get good in no time.

This is unrealistic due to the fact that I am simply not capable of driving at all.
I will quote myself here from another post since I do think that this statement is really fitting:

This is unrealistic due to the fact that I am simply not capable of driving at all.
giphy.gif

do you crash when you're in charge of the driving or what?

oh and what a profound quote, with the only difference that no one is expecting you to be a F1 driver which would be the equivalent of a great artist.

if you can tie your shoes, you can learn to drive, the cognitive/motor skills required are ridiculously low. i know you're gonna come up with some assburgers delusion again so don't even bother @-ing me

• +1
Reactions: Gazzamogga
No. Never will. I was even playing roblox with my girlfriend who knows I don’t know how to drive. I was driving shitty in the game too and there was a guy in the game that said “do you know how to drive” and my gf laughed. Even in games I fail to drive

oh and what a profound quote, with the only difference that no one is expecting you to be a F1 driver which would be the equivalent of a great artist.

This is a misinterpretation of my actual argument. I never claimed such thing in the first place. It is not about "learning" and not about the "teacher". It is also not about "to be the best". It is about what I am capable of and how my brain is wired. Another quote in order to create a better basis of understanding:

''The ability to drive isn’t just one skill in itself but of an amalgamation of various other skills, and not all of those contributing skills are ones that can be improved. People with slow reaction times, disorientation, poor judgement, or low IQs will always be worse drivers.''

Can you explain why a lot of people on this forum cannot drive? Of course, for some it is money and other people might be not interested in it despite the fact it is pretty much mandatory in this life and era (but it also can be used as an excuse though).

Let us be honest here, some people seem to lack the general ability due to the fact of how the brain is wired and general affinity to certain things.

And like I said. I am not exaggerating here, nor larping. I made literally 0 progress at driving while on the other hand, I made progress at theory. And once again, not 1 or 2, I literally made 0 progress when it comes to driving. To be honest, at some point I even became worse...

And in regards to my example. Imagine you take 13 lessons of <basically you can insert anything here> and you did not make ANY progress whatsoever. Perhaps this specific topic is not for you then.

We also have to keep in mind, that theory lessons are also mandatory. Which means I had 14 mandatory theory lessons. That leads to:
-13 driving lessons
-14 theory lessons
and I also spend a lot of time studying for theory, yet I was unable to apply theory to reality.

And if we stick to the music example. At elementary school I was just unable to play the recorder. But for some reason I was able to learn to beatbox really easily while other people seem to have no affinity to it whatsoever and therefore they are literally unable to beatbox.

Once again. I am not saying beatbox = driving. I am saying, it is about how the brain and body is wired and how it works. But it is still weird that you compare driving with tying your shoes. In the end, you just compare of how normal it is and I agree upon it. Neurotypical people just drive and that is it. It just comes naturally. Nobody else have to force it. But for me, nothing happens.

do you crash when you're in charge of the driving or what?

Since you asked me, I will give you an elaborated answer to that:

"- I am struggling to adjust the speed while changing the gear properly
- I am also struggling to change the gear in general

- I am struggling to adjust my speed according to the general traffic
- I am struggling with my movement when it comes to adjust my speed and to change the gear properly, I might sperg out with my feet and with my general movements
- I also keep activitaing buttons on the steering wheel while driving
- I am struggling to keep an eye to my surroundings, for example traffic signs or stop line
- I am struggling to keep an eye to passengers
- I am struggling to be aware of my surroundings when it comes to the roads itself and to where those roads lead to
- I am also struggling to keep an eye to my mirrors
- I am also driving too much of the right side of the road despite the fact I try to fight against it
- I also do not understand the pathway of the road itself
- Deep inside I am also affraid of crashing the car and afraid of driving itself"

Even if I would change to automatic (I also thought about it before of course), I would still struggling to a point where it is absolutely impossible for me to get behind of it.

if you can tie your shoes, you can learn to drive, the cognitive/motor skills required are ridiculously low.

Funny that you mentioned it because I also talked about it to someone else before just the other day. Quote:
"And people act like it's just one step above tying your shoes in terms of difficulty."

Another fun fact here. I am also pretty slow at tying my shoes. As I child I could not even tie my shoes while everybody else was capable of doing it.

i know you're gonna come up with some assburgers delusion again so don't even bother @-ing me

Then why do you even quote me in the first place? Keep in mind, you are the one who started to talk to me first, not the other way around. I actually do not know why you are even arguing here. And by the way, please bare me with your pseudo-analytic bullshit then.

And no, my well-elaborated statements are not delusional. It may be affected by "assbergers", but they are not delusional. In fact, I just tell you what I have experienced and what I am exposed to. On top of that, I can also back up my statements.

No. Never will. I was even playing roblox with my girlfriend who knows I don’t know how to drive. I was driving shitty in the game too and there was a guy in the game that said “do you know how to drive” and my gf laughed. Even in games I fail to drive

Seriously, if I could choose between a girlfriend or the ability to drive, I would go for the second option without any doubt.

• +1
Reactions: Vermilioncore
don't need one
zoom zoom crash

13 lessons is a laughably small amount - it equates to what, 20 hours? some people drive like shit even with 20 years of experience. i highly doubt that you lack the raw brain/coordination power required (especially not for an automatic), it's most likely a psychosomatic problem. (or you're a great at LARPing about all that) get yourself a small car for 1000 euros and start driving it around the countryside, you'll get good in no time.
I got my license after 20 hours of lessons but I'm still shit at driving jfl

car is retard tier expensive in netherlands, but public transit is even worse.

Bicycle mogs too hard.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6873
car is retard tier expensive in netherlands, but public transit is even worse.

Bicycle mogs too hard.
mocro vespa or death.

younesmaxxing is de meta voor 2021

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275 and Gazzamogga

I had 13 lessons and I still did not make any progress whatsoever. Here in Germany you need to be at least somewhat acceptable at driving. I am not saying you need to be extremely good, just somewhat acceptable otherwise you will never pass the test here or you mgiht even never be able to do mandatory driving lessons.

I had 13 lessons and I still did not make any progress whatsoever. Here in Germany you need to be at least somewhat acceptable at driving. I am not saying you need to be extremely good, just somewhat acceptable otherwise you will never pass the test here or you mgiht even never be able to do mandatory driving lessons.
Same in The Netherlands

I was just very good at pretending I'm good at driving for my instructor

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6873 and Deleted member 275
Same in The Netherlands

I was just very good at pretending I'm good at driving for my instructor

So, you are at least somewhat acceptable then or you just kinda convinced your driving teacher and perhaps a bit of luck on top of that. Unfortunately that does not help me here in Germany. I actually thought about leaving and going somewhere to Africa to make my driver licence. There are places wehre you just have to turn on your car and that is it. Afterwards I will re-register the driver licence to Germany.

Imagine being this desperate where you have to leave your homeland in order to get a driver licence while everybody else is just doing their driver licence normally...

• JFL
And no, my well-elaborated statements are not delusional.

your "well-elaborated statements" are 99% anecdotes. the other 1% is "it's how my brain is wired" and you can try backing that up somehow and i'll fact check with a neuroanatomy book that sits right across my desk. also, are you shit at every skill that requires a basic level of coor

I actually thought about leaving and going somewhere to Africa to make my driver licence.

just go to a small town in Romania or Bulgaria, since they're at least in the EU so you can use your license in the whole Union, if you're gonna go down that road. "Africa" jfl

ime driving skill is down to kms traveled and not just time behind the steering wheel. spending 1 hour in traffic during you daily commute that you know like the palm if your hand doesn't really bring anything after a certain point, variance does.

• +1
your "well-elaborated statements" are 99% anecdotes. the other 1% is "it's how my brain is wired" and you can try backing that up somehow and i'll fact check with a neuroanatomy book that sits right across my desk. also, are you shit at every skill that requires a basic level of coor

just go to a small town in Romania or Bulgaria, since they're at least in the EU so you can use your license in the whole Union, if you're gonna go down that road. "Africa" jfl

ime driving skill is down to kms traveled and not just time behind the steering wheel. spending 1 hour in traffic during you daily commute that you know like the palm if your hand doesn't really bring anything after a certain point, variance does.
So true

I stress like a fucking monkey when I get in situations that I've never been in

Usually don't give a fuck what randoms think of me but when I'm in traffic I'm a high inhib cuck

your "well-elaborated statements" are 99% anecdotes.

But you also have no arguments. So I really do not know why you are arguing in the first place. In fact you could not even answer a single question and you basically ignored all my other statements as well.

And yes, I also talk about what I have experienced (anecdotes) as mentioned beforehand. I never claim that my personal experience are any evidence because this only happened to me. But I do support my personal experience with something that is outside of my personal experience such as: "The ability to drive isn’t just one skill in itself but of an amalgamation of various other skills, and not all of those contributing skills are ones that can be improved. People with slow reaction times, disorientation, poor judgement, or low IQs will always be worse drivers.''

I even labeled my personal experience as "fun fact": "Another fun fact here. I am also pretty slow at tying my shoes. As I child I could not even tie my shoes while everybody else was capable of doing it."
I never claimed that this is any evidence here because that would be ridiculous.

But I also point out the truth, that even here on this forum a lot of people actually do not have a driver licence. That is just another fact that you also seem to ignore.

and you can try backing that up somehow and i'll fact check with a neuroanatomy book that sits right across my desk.

And why are you doing this exactly? I really do not get your intention here. You also did not check anything at all.

the other 1% is "it's how my brain is wired"

I mean, a huge part is about how your brain and/or body is wired (also due to genetics and environmental influences). That is just a simple fact. There is literally no reason to put this in " ".
Of course we could alter it biologically by taking adderall for example. I actually thought about taking it, unironically.

just go to a small town in Romania or Bulgaria, since they're at least in the EU so you can use your license in the whole Union, if you're gonna go down that road.

Does not matter because I can re-register it to Germany, like already mentioned.

Africa" jfl

Turning on a car in order to get a driver licence seems actually legit to me. But to be fair, if I would make my driver licence in Bulgaria for example, I do not have to re-register it in the first place. So, you have got a point here at least. A driver licence in Bulgaria is about 650 Euro+. I would need a lot more than that though. A flight to Africa is about 300 Euro+ and a driver licence costs about nothing. So, I do not know what is better here. At least for Bulgaria I do not need to re-register it to Germany.

But in order to follow one of the options here, I need more money. So, both options are hypothetical at the moment.

In the end, you simply cannot relate to my problems and that is absolutely fine. That is very typical for someone who is NT or close to it. But all your comments here are basically meaningless because of it. I also do not understand your intention here. Why are you even trying to argue here? Your comments are also not helping at all, although I even think that you are actually trying to help here - but once again. I talked about this topic so many times... It is not even funny anymore not does it help me.

I also know what I am capable of and what I am not capable of.

Over if you dont have one unfortunately

No, my basement is not that big.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4612
yes I do. I got my driver's license at age 17. I failed my first two tests because parallel parking is a bitch but I eventually figured it out.

@Thongmaster thoughts on my bolded post?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9048
My gf helped me get it when i was 16

She then left me for someone else