Do you need to fix your teeth before a Genioplasty?

5foot4currycel

5foot4currycel

Iron
For those of you who have actually gotten any type of genio done and had crooked or misaligned teeth beforehand did you have braces before getting the surgery?

I have this same exact situation right now and my ortho still suggested to do CT scans and all that after braces since "things might slightly change". I mean if you don't want braces ever, I guess you can go for sliding genio first but what's the point when your teeth are fucked in the first place

I have this same exact situation right now and my ortho still suggested to do CT scans and all that after braces since "things might slightly change". I mean if you don't want braces ever, I guess you can go for sliding genio first but what's the point when your teeth are fucked in the first place
Does the severity of your teeth matter? I just have minor crowding in the bottom so my teeth aren’t super fucked. I would’ve never considered getting braces if I didn’t see orthos reccomending braces first. How fucked are your teeth btw.

Does the severity of your teeth matter? I just have minor crowding in the bottom so my teeth aren’t super fucked. I would’ve never considered getting braces if I didn’t see orthos reccomending braces first. How fucked are your teeth btw.
presenting with a bimaxillary protrusive class I
incisor relationship on a skeletal I base with increased vertical proportions. The molar and canine
relationship are class I bilaterally. The upper right lateral incisor is in crossbite with a small anterior
displacement. There is mild upper and lower arch crowding.

^ this is what my ortho wrote but personally I went to get braces because I didn't like that one of my upper lateral incisors was set back and central incisors at the bottom were crowded slightly

If you don't worry about your teeth and you think they're okay as they look and you;re not self conscious about them then don't get braces because u have to wear them for quite sometime.. I am suffering right now because I can't get sliding genio, I just have to sit and wait till braces come off. Also you're going to have to wear a retainer for the rest of your life like every other day when you go to sleep.(This is also something u never heard before getting braces until you meet an orthodontist)

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 5foot4currycel