Do you need to have visible abs to be considered a "robust prettyboy"?

Do you need to have visible abs to be considered a "robust prettyboy"?

• Total voters
Xangsane

Xangsane

pat pat
Even though I do have some robustness to my otherwise prettyboy pheno face, I feel I don't qualify as a "robust prettyboy" not just based on how I present myself, but the fact I don't have visible abs (they're barely, barely visible when I wake up). When I go to bed after eating a hearty dinner and drinking two cups of warm tea, I can get a little bit of a belly. I'm at 17% bf.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend and ascension!
@ascension! @Need2Ascend @WhiteBlackpiller @pashtun @Broly @RoundHouse @Makeyousit

IMO no, most of the time they are not visible. Flat-stomach.

• Ugh..
  • Love it
Reactions: datboijj and Xangsane
it really just depends on whether you can pull them off without looking like a try hard.

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
IMO no, most of the time they are not visible. Flat-stomach.
Yay!

I've seen some lads in house parties in evenings who had crazy abs when foids used to ask them to touch their stomachs

Last edited:
i’ve seen this phenomenon with girls preferring abs that are seen on skinny guys rather than deep defined abs you see on bodybuilders, they call it skinnyabs

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy and Xangsane
i’ve seen this phenomenon with girls preferring abs that are seen on skinny guys rather than deep defined abs you see on bodybuilders, they call it skinnyabs
That's because those girls prefer prettyboys, and prettyboys in general are more likely to be skinny with abs.

• +1
Reactions: twilight
Just try to be your best bro. these terms are all cringe honestly. Work out your abs, be healthy and see how it turns out

• +1
You need to be lean (10-12%bf) to debloat the face, is not that you need abs, is that you will get abs by being lean

• +1
Reactions: Gus17, datboijj, Aesthetics_III and 1 other person
Just try to be your best bro. these terms are all cringe honestly. Work out your abs, be healthy and see how it turns out
My face is pretty lean for someone at 17% bf. I wonder if I dip down to 11%, if I'd end up looking more gaunt?

• JFL
Reactions: Need2Ascend
My face is pretty lean for someone at 17% bf. I wonder if I dip down to 11%, if I'd end up looking more gaunt?
Why don't you just try things yourself out instead of asking?

• +1
Reactions: RIPPED IRL
Get lean regardless

• Love it
Reactions: datboijj
Definely yes, you also need neat jawline, hollow cheeks and proeminent cheekbones and you achieve thoses things by reaching a body fat level that is low enough for you to have visible abs

Definely yes, you also need neat jawline, hollow cheeks and proeminent cheekbones and you achieve thoses things by reaching a body fat level that is low enough for you to have visible abs
But why do I need to have visible abs?

you don’t need visible abs exactly but you need to be very lean (10-11%) that you should have abs. bad genetics if you don’t have abs at that point tbh

• +1
Reactions: datboijj and Xangsane
you don’t need visible abs exactly but you need to be very lean (10-11%) that you should have abs. bad genetics if you don’t have abs at that point tbh
I've never reached 10-11% bf. I usually hover around 16 - 18%

• +1
Reactions: datboijj
I'd like to get lean but is it maintainable with career, family and having a wife on top?
The amount of lifting you need to do to have a good size is about a few hours a week with a home gym, on top of that you just walk a bit more and eat less or have days where you fast.

"I'm too busy to work out"
"I'm too busy to sleep"
"I'm too busy to eat properly"

No, you just don't want to do it. But don't complain when looksmaxxing gets you barely any improvement. Just be lean and dogpill are the only things that are LAW

The amount of lifting you need to do to have a good size is about a few hours a week with a home gym, on top of that you just walk a bit more and eat less or have days where you fast.

"I'm too busy to work out"
"I'm too busy to sleep"
"I'm too busy to eat properly"

No, you just don't want to do it. But don't complain when looksmaxxing gets you barely any improvement. Just be lean and dogpill are the only things that are LAW
I do 10 minutes of lifting, 5 days a week. I have to make way for my 8 hours of sleep, and I watch what we eat as a family (we all eat the same food, exception being my sister when she's on campus).

Who would look like a tryhard?
most people, you want abs without developing overall vascularity because that shit looks nasty anywhere besides your forearms.

this is the ultimate robust physique:

• +1
I do 10 minutes of lifting, 5 days a week. I have to make way for my 8 hours of sleep, and I watch what we eat as a family (we all eat the same food, exception being my sister when she's on campus).
What lifting are you doing in 10 min sessions JFL

What lifting are you doing in 10 min sessions JFL
I do five minutes per weight lifting method during those ten minutes. I can choose to do any, but for the week I do deadlifts, benchpresses, squats, overhead press. I do two of these, 5 days a week. I go hard.

Last edited:
I would never want to be gigavascular.
not much of a choice for some people if they want their abs to show.

but you should be alright, it's mostly northern dudes that end up like that.

• +1
Northern dudes?
not much of a choice for some people if they want their abs to show.

but you should be alright, it's mostly northern dudes that end up like that.

Northern dudes?
the thickness of your skin is partially genetic, some people such as the irish always end up having dickskin when they're lean because they've got very fair skin and their veins show easily.

that is the difference between having abs effortlessly, and looking like you actively starve yourself for them, you want former not the latter.

• +1
the thickness of your skin is partially genetic, some people such as the irish always end up having dickskin when they're lean because they've got very fair skin and their veins show easily.

that is the difference between having abs effortlessly, and looking like you actively starve yourself for them, you want former not the latter.
I'm glad I've got thick skin.

@cloUder @O'Pry Reincarnation @Ada Mustang @serbiangandy Why are they mandatory?

I'm glad I've got thick skin.
you can probably pull off the look in that case, (or at least the mental imagine of what I think it looks like) I wish you good luck, but you're probably going to have to start lifting more than ten minutes a day.

• +1
you can probably pull off the look in that case, (or at least the mental imagine of what I think it looks like) I wish you good luck, but you're probably going to have to start lifting more than ten minutes a day.
Thank you. I'll try and see if I can fit in more lifting a day.

@cloUder @O'Pry Reincarnation @Ada Mustang @serbiangandy Why are they mandatory?
Abs are very aesthetic on their own and appeal to a more prettyboy vibe compared to the more bloated masc vibe, but more importantly they indicate true leaness which is crucial for a robust prettyboy face.

• +1
Abs are very aesthetic on their own and appeal to a more prettyboy vibe compared to the more bloated masc vibe, but more importantly they indicate true leaness which is crucial for a robust prettyboy face.
I am at 17% bf, but my face is pretty lean. I wonder if I drop down to 11%, if my face would look gaunt?

I am at 17% bf, but my face is pretty lean. I wonder if I drop down to 11%, if my face would look gaunt?
tbf, leanmaxxing isn't for everybody but you should just try it. Take weekly pictures and go down to 10-12%, then evaluate. Under eye hollowing is what causes gauntness imo, but if vollufiline works on you then you can get super lean without being gaunt.

tbf, leanmaxxing isn't for everybody but you should just try it. Take weekly pictures and go down to 10-12%, then evaluate. Under eye hollowing is what causes gauntness imo, but if vollufiline works on you then you can get super lean without being gaunt.
Sadly I don't have the best undereyes...

Yes girls like abs on a lean body and good face. It’s just gonna make things better for you.

• So Sad
Yes girls like abs on a lean body and good face. It’s just gonna make things better for you.
I have a lean face on a 17% bf body :feelswhy:

I have a lean face on a 17% bf body :feelswhy:
keep going down man. im like 18% and i have a good amount of fat around my cheeks, jaw and chin. that said in certain angles i can fraud hollow cheeks. this is giga lifefuel cause that means itll be even better looking once i reduce it to 12 which will take time. the hollow cheeks become slightly more prominent when im working out and sweating hard or after i run:love:

• Love it
keep going down man. im like 18% and i have a good amount of fat around my cheeks, jaw and chin. that said in certain angles i can fraud hollow cheeks. this is giga lifefuel cause that means itll be even better looking once i reduce it to 12 which will take time. the hollow cheeks become slightly more prominent when im working out and sweating hard or after i run:love:
I'm gonna try to get down to about 14% or so as I don't want my face to look too gaunt and I'd like to try and maintain my physique for a long time.
I get that too, and it does give me some hope.

• Love it
Reactions: Broly
I'm gonna try to get down to about 14% or so as I don't want my face to look too gaunt and I'd like to try and maintain my physique for a long time.
I get that too, and it does give me some hope.
lowering body fat and having a lean body and face should be everyone's first priority when looksmaxxing imo. its crazy how much of a difference it can make without consuming or applying anything else on your face/body

• +1
lowering body fat and having a lean body and face should be everyone's first priority when looksmaxxing imo. its crazy how much of a difference it can make without consuming or applying anything else on your face/body
Since my face is pretty lean I'm gonna try for 15% first.