Do you use sunscreen every time you go outside in summer?

hiwasuwor

hiwasuwor

9/10 Chad according to /soc/
Do you use sunscreen is it good?

I apply sunscreen every single day even during the winter or when I don't go out (on my face, body wise I only apply if going out to beach or smth or sunbathing etc.).

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn and thereallegend
I don't use sunscreen but I spend a lot of time outdoors with friends daily which has made me the darkest person in my family which is a looksmin for Pakistanis. My natural lighter colour is much more appealing. Curries and Ahmeds who are reading yall need sunscreen

Apply sunscreen no what

I am from the UK, we don't really get sun to often tbh

Ok should i use 50sf or 30sf
The one that is easiest to apply and use. It can be hard to find one that doesn't swing your eyes, doesn't have a white cast, doesn't leave your skin sticky, doesn't dry it out or make it oily.

Of course spf 50 is better but a sunscreen with SPF 30 will protect you from around 96.7% of UVB rays, whereas an SPF of 50 means protection from about 98% of UVB rays. Pretty much the same.

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
Summer of 2018 I went for a 3 day vacation at an RV resort swimming in a lake with a bunch of groupies, I didn't wear sunscreen and got 1st degree burns all over my back. I remember still having the burns during Thanksgiving. Lesson learned, always put sunscreen on and make sure the FPS is 60 minimum.

Only in situations where i could burn or get too much sun. Otherwise, I'll take the vit D & a tan.

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
If you use tret or retin a you should be always using sunscreen though otherwise you have a recipe for sun damage.

No need to, if you dont burn and keep exposure under 30 minutes. I still apply sunscreen, but only because I'm using tretinoin.

The one that is easiest to apply and use. It can be hard to find one that doesn't swing your eyes, doesn't have a white cast, doesn't leave your skin sticky, doesn't dry it out or make it oily.

Of course spf 50 is better but a sunscreen with SPF 30 will protect you from around 96.7% of UVB rays, whereas an SPF of 50 means protection from about 98% of UVB rays. Pretty much the same.
spf 50 is almost double the protection you get from spf30, so there is a pretty big difference

Last edited:
spf 50 is almost double the protection you get from spf25, so there is a pretty big difference
No it doesn't. Sunscreen spf is weird. Double the spf doesn't mean double the protection. it's a logarithmic function... for some reason.

Attachments

• Sunscreen-UV-Protection-SPF-vs-Percentage-Absorption.jpg
    Sunscreen-UV-Protection-SPF-vs-Percentage-Absorption.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
No it doesn't. Sunscreen spf is weird. Double the spf doesn't mean double the protection. it's a logarithmic function... for some reason.
its not that weird, that is how the spf rating was designed. spf 25 lets 4 percent of all sun rays hit your skin. spf50 only lets 2percent through.

if it's sunny where you live yes, otherwise i wouldn't bother tbh

its not that weird, that is how the spf rating was designed. spf 25 lets 4 percent of all sun rays hit your skin. spf50 only lets 2percent through.
Ahh i get you now.

SPF is about protection from UVB and dooesnt scale linear but logarithmic; the main thing to keep in mind though that UVB is only 10% of UV rays - the 90% is UVA.

SPF matters very little, the truly important one is what kind of UVA filter your sunscreen has. UVA is responsible for photoaging. UVB just makes your skin browner (tanned) for the most part

SPF is about protection from UVB and dooesnt scale linear but logarithmic; the main thing to keep in mind though that UVB is only 10% of UV rays - the 90% is UVA.

SPF matters very little, the truly important one is what kind of UVA filter your sunscreen has. UVA is responsible for photoaging. UVB just makes your skin browner (tanned) for the most part
That's true. A PA++++ would be equally if not more important than a high spf.

UVB definitely causes skin aging and DNA damage as well so I wouldn't say SPF matters very little.

• +1
Reactions: Oberyn
imagine looksminning in your prime using sunscreen just so u can look like a lizard (wont even happen cuz sunscreen is cope) 30yo subhuman xd

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS