• Total voters
Indracelly

Indracelly

recessed subhuman
Doctor
- Best chance to make the most by far, up to a million
- Most difficult path, high IQ barrier
- Best job stability, doctors always needed
- Longest path, needs 4 year medical school, 3 year residency, and a few years fellowship
- Unlikely to be replaced by AI, no one will trust ChatGPT with their life
- Bad work life balance
- Prestigious reputation

Lawyer
- Has a wide pay range, You can make as much as a doctor (almost millions for legal partners in top firms) but you can also earn very little too ($60k)
- Good job stability, lawyers usually always needed
- Very likely to be hurt by ai
- Long path but not as much as medicine
- Smallest IQ barrier but to get good prospects you need to attend an elite school
- Bad work life balance
- Prestigious and dark triad alpha reputation

Engineer
- Makes a good amount ($80k-$250k) but getting above this is very hard even for lots of years of experience
- Forced to live in a high cost of living area like San Francisco
- High IQ barrier
- Good job stability, but will have bad recessions (see software engineering)
- will be hurt by AI but not much
- Best work life balance, only need a 9-5, will do very little real work
- Best opportunity for entrepreneurship
- Short path, need no more than a BS and doesn’t need to be from an elite university
- Associated with betas and incels

Finance
- occupations like investment bankers make almost as many as doctors, especially more prestigious firms
- need to be admitted to a top business school
- bad work life balance
- probably bad job stability
- Forced to live in a high cost of living area like New York City
- Lots of nepotism
- need to be extroverted

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: owlofathena, Xangsane, hattrick and 2 others
Doctor is way too fucking hard and stressful and it's basically a reskinned 9-5

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane, TheBrownOne and aestheticsrespecter
Doctor is way too fucking hard and stressful and it's basically a reskinned 9-5
Yes you cannot consider attempting it if you’re low IQ.

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena, Xangsane and GunDevilHybrid
Yes you cannot consider attempting it if you’re low IQ.
I don't even know why anyone would want to be a doctor, the money isn't even worth it at that point.

Maybe if your Indian the doctor halo would be worth it but you can get the same effect as a engineer

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: TheBrownOne and ey88
I’m going into first year engineering in the fall, has anyone here done it? How hard is it?

I’m going into first year engineering in the fall, has anyone here done it? How hard is it?
Be good at math

I don't even know why anyone would want to be a doctor, the money isn't even worth it at that point.

Maybe if your Indian the doctor halo would be worth it but you can get the same effect as a engineer
Doctor halo is better than engineer halo, it’s only gotten worse with all the anime loving trannies in CS

doctors make more than engineers and some have weeks off so it’s a good option if you’re high iq and don’t want to be a billionaire

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: egyptianKang, Xangsane and xantrooper
I’m going to dental school later hopefully if I don’t fuck up, do you also need high IQ like medschool? If that’s the case it’s over then

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx, User28823 and ryuken
Doctor or finance tbh. Go into like plastic surgery shit is gonna explode as the Bp becomes more mainstream

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab and xantrooper
You don’t need to be admitted to a top business school for finance. They’ll teach you the same shit as the college down the road, most of the learning in finance you will have to do yourself. Only recommend if you have the drive to succeed.

• +1
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx and RealNinja
Docter isnt making nearly a million, finance clears all of this where you an actually make millions IF you make MD, but its easily mid - high six figures at lower titles

Just follow the career you like the most

Docter isnt making nearly a million, finance clears all of this where you an actually make millions IF you make MD, but its easily mid - high six figures at lower titles
top surgical subspecialties get close

top surgical subspecialties get close
Not worth all that schooling, you will start work 27+ guaranteed meanwhile a guy in finance at 27 is making at least 350k+ a year

• +1
Reactions: ey88
all copes that will lead you down the path of betabuxxing

• JFL
Reactions: User28823
Doctor
- Longest path, needs 4 year medical school, 3 year residency, and a few years fellowship
- Bad work life balance
- Prestigious reputation

Lawyer
- Has a wide pay range, You can make as much as a doctor (almost millions for legal partners in top firms) but you can also earn very little too ($60k)
- Good job stability, lawyers usually always needed
- Very likely to be hurt by ai
- Long path but not as much as medicine
- Smallest IQ barrier but to get good prospects you need to attend an elite school
- Bad work life balance

Engineer
- Makes a good amount ($80k-$250k) but getting above this is very hard even for lots of years of experience
- High IQ barrier
- Short path, need no more than a BS and doesn’t need to be from an elite university

Finance
- occupations like investment bankers make almost as many as doctors, especially more prestigious firms
- need to be admitted to a top business school
- bad work life balance
- probably bad job stability
- Forced to live in a high cost of living area like New York City
- Lots of nepotism
- need to be extroverted
Officer in Navy>>>

• JFL
Reactions: User28823
Or just be NT and make a killing at sales.

I’m going to dental school later hopefully if I don’t fuck up, do you also need high IQ like medschool? If that’s the case it’s over then
its easier to get into dental schools but its around the same difficulty
Ive heard that the DAT is much easier than the MCAT

• +1
Reactions: 97baHater
Finance because it's the easiest and most practical

Doctor
- Bad work life balance
- Prestigious reputation

Engineer
- High IQ barrier
i somewhat disagree

Doctor refuted by someone who has worked as a medic for 5 months and is about to be a surgical tech and begin training in surgical assist
- Dont make as much as you think they do. They usually work up to 60-80 hours if they work in surgery so if u want to find out their true salary simply divide by two coz most people work around 30-40 hours.
- engineers are high iq most doctors are glorified search engines with the exceptions of surgeons (Watch dr sunseel dhand)
- Hospitals rn are working on giving midlevels more rights because doctors are for the most part glorified search engines
- if you do the shortest residency ur not gonna make that much and ull catch up with the engineer when ur 50 years old (watch med school insiders but the tldr; doctors catch up at 50 in lifetime earnings with engineers)
- ai part is true
- true
-true

engineering
- the salary is way off its more like 80-120k
- true
- true
- engineers have a horrible job stability because companies are outsourcing them like crazy. Only about 20% of engineers end up working as engineers its prolly less if u remove software.
- idk
- due to the market being oversaturated companies will force u to work more.
- i guess because u work for free
- wrong most of these jobs hire from elite unis only due to the market mostly being oversaturated and offshoring.
- true
- true

my sibling takes home 700k after tax as a GP working in remote location

Most difficult path, high IQ barrier
Only in US, and even then I'm doubtful they're higher IQ than engineers. Don't compare an average US doctor to an average engineer because engineering is not barred on entry unlike healthcare careers. Googling says 28k people per year graduate from medical schools whereas for engineering it is almost 5 millions. Top-28k engineering graduates would smoke the 28k doctors on an IQ test and it wouldn't be close on average

Only in US, and even then I'm doubtful they're higher IQ than engineers. Don't compare an average US doctor to an average engineer because engineering is not barred on entry unlike healthcare careers. Googling says 28k people per year graduate from medical schools whereas for engineering it is almost 5 millions. Top-28k engineering graduates would smoke the 28k doctors on an IQ test and it wouldn't be close on average
Nevertheless, Medicine is a great career all around

Higher barrier of entry means you need a higher iq to pass