does a blood test show what vitamins you are deficient in and also throid levels?

finn899

finn899

Kraken
im gonna stop wasting time taking when vitamins i proobobly don't need and just find out for sure if there is anything im deficient in and only take that,will one regular blood test show throid levels and also what im deficient in? or do i need to take a completely different type of test to se throid levels? and will it show my test levels too?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ripikke and Tai Lung
gonna cost a lot of money

• +1
Reactions: ripikke, Tai Lung and finn899
fuck can i not get them all checked in the one test or are each of them seperate?
each test is separate so you have to pay for each individual vitamin and hormone but you can get ur blood drawn for all of them at the same time

but because they're all separate it's going to cost a lot of $

for me, vit d alone is $73, free & total testosterone is $100, estradiol is $80, etc...

you can see how quickly that will add up if you plan on checking the major vitamins and hormones

• +1
Reactions: ripikke, Tai Lung, finn899 and 1 other person
fuck can i not get them all checked in the one test or are each of them seperate?
I believe it differs depending on where you live. Just call the doctors office beforehand to confirm what the cost will be

• +1
Reactions: ripikke and finn899
each test is separate so you have to pay for each individual vitamin and hormone but you can get ur blood drawn for all of them at the same time

but because they're all separate it's going to cost a lot of $

for me, vit d alone is $73, free & total testosterone is $100, estradiol is $80, etc...

you can see how quickly that will add up if you plan on checking the major vitamins and hormones
thats actually insane i was under the impression it would be like 100 dollars to get one test to show everything

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: ripikke and User28823
thats actually insane i was under the impression it would be like 100 dollars to get one test to show everything
unfortunately not
unless u can convince a functional doctor or something to get it covered under insurance

• +1
Reactions: ripikke and finn899
They draw different amounts of blood depending on what you wanna get checked. Just ask your GP about blood test screening and what you wanna know, and he'll hook you up.

Its likely you'll only be deficient in stuff like vitamin D or maybe iron I think. Taking multi vitamins is a good idea for people on a restrictive diet. For most others, supplementing with vitamin d and fish oil is sufficient.

• +1
Reactions: ripikke