Does a sliding genioplasty create a sharper looking jawline?

basedred

basedred

Bronze
Might sound like a dumb question. But I read that a sliding genioplasty tightens the skin and creates a sharper looking jawline. Is this true? (Assuming you’re at a healthy weight)

• +1
Reactions: Av0nr and goo25
bump i Need answers too (i think yes tho unless your jaw Is very recessed)

Yes
Pulls submental fat forward, often quite dramatically

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3105 and basedred

12mm

Technically, yes, but if you are getting a moderate movement (4-7mm ) it might not be noticeable. You do notice a significant improvement with big movements (~10mm+).

• +1
Reactions: basedred
Yes it will, the added chin length and height will create the illusion of a longer ramus. Also a lot of your skin is being pulled back tighter, enhancing that illusion.

Technically, yes, but if you are getting a moderate movement (4-7mm ) it might not be noticeable. You do notice a significant improvement with big movements (~10mm+).
I see, what’s the maximum advancement for a genioplasty?

I see, what’s the maximum advancement for a genioplasty?
I've seen a handful of 12mm results. There are some cases where 2 genioplasties are performed simultaneously for bigger results.

• +1
I've seen a handful of 12mm results. There are some cases where 2 genioplasties are performed simultaneously for bigger results.
Typo: I meant "consecutively" not "simultaneously"

Consecutive Genio is an overlooked option if you don’t want BSSO. (Although bsso+genio is probably better if you can do it).

• +1
Consecutive Genio is an overlooked option if you don’t want BSSO. (Although bsso+genio is probably better if you can do it).
I don’t know they did consecutive genioplastys, that’s interesting. Are they a run of the mill procedure? or is it like a highly specialized procedure? Can any maxfac do it?

I don’t know they did consecutive genioplastys, that’s interesting. Are they a run of the mill procedure? or is it like a highly specialized procedure? Can any maxfac do it?
Any OMS should be able to do it. Whether they all will, I do not know. But it’s just doing the same exact procedure twice.