Does accutane gel have the same side effects as accutane pills?

D

Deleted member 3832

Kraken
Short answer? No, but it's not designed to be as effective either.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3832
Short answer? No, but it's not designed to be as effective either.
Well that's a good thing because I took some sort of accutane gel before and I hope it didn't do anything like ruining my hormones.

Actually, I take that back. It depends on which side effects you're talking about. It has the same side effects as other topical retinoids. But it doesn't have the same systemic effects as oral isotretinoin.

Was it definitely isotretinoin gel or was it tretinoin?

• +1
Actually, I take that back. It depends on which side effects you're talking about. It has the same side effects as other topical retinoids. But it doesn't have the same systemic effects as oral isotretinoin.

Was it definitely isotretinoin gel or was it tretinoin?
I don't really know anymore. I also remember using benzoylperoxide or something. I completely let go of all these products like 2 years ago and only used them for like 2-3 weeks back then.

I don't really know anymore. I also remember using benzoylperoxide or something. I completely let go of all these products like 2 years ago and only used them for like 2-3 weeks back then.
It was most likely tretinoin in all honesty, isotretinoin gel is used much less frequently.

• +1
It was most likely tretinoin in all honesty, isotretinoin gel is used much less frequently.
Whatever it may be, Isotretinoin is poison.