Does anybody else purposely look at pityful people to feel better (via reddit or so)

AutisticBeaner

AutisticBeaner

Nosebreather
Joined
Oct 13, 2019
Posts
8,910
Reputation
12,400
I often go on subreddits like r/smalldickproblems, r/short or r/foreveralone to look at posts like these of people that have it worse than me so i appreciate being myself more which leads to joy.


Maybe not the most morally correct way of making your day better but I'm not really hurting anybody, am I?
 
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Subhuman Philtrum and Deleted member 6305
No
 
  • +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
You won't catch anyone calling this "cope".

Which is quite funny actually. Shows how autist half this forum is. :LOL:
 
Last edited:
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: diggbicc, Subhuman Philtrum, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
I often go on subreddits like r/smalldickproblems, r/short or r/foreveralone to look at posts like these of people that have it worse than me so i appreciate being myself more which leads to joy.


Maybe not the most morally correct way of making your day better but I'm not really hurting anybody, am I?

The trouble is that I am the lowest of the low
 
  • So Sad
Reactions: AutisticBeaner
Literally just go outside
 
Ya that's why I like Hamlossus
This subhuman makes me lol and be proud that I am 3PSL
Image0 8
 
  • JFL
Reactions: Subhuman Philtrum
I genuinely don't understand this "schadenfreude". I never felt better knowing others are in a worse position than me. Same with living in an overpriced tiny apartment and having someone tell you "there's people dying in Africa, be happy". Like why would I feel better that someone is dying of thirst right now?
 
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5683, Danish_Retard, Jones and 1 other person
How would I be happy to see people suffering even more than me
 
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5683 and Danish_Retard
I genuinely don't understand this "schadenfreude". I never felt better knowing others are in a worse position than me. Same with living in an overpriced tiny apartment and having someone tell you "there's people dying in Africa, be happy". Like why would I feel better that someone is dying of thirst right now?
This is not schadenfreude, i don't feel happy because these people aren't doing well. I feel happy about me being in a better state than I could be. Also, nobody feels better because someone tells them "there's people dying in Africa". That doesn't have anything to do with schadenfreude either. That person is not telling you "you should be happy that these people don't have food", the person is trying to tell you "appreciate your situation because it could be much worse". The problem is just that the miniscule feeling of appreciation that that statement may provoke is far outweighed by the negative feeling that comes from living in a tiny apartment or whatever the case may be.
Literally just go outside
What?
 
  • +1
Reactions: Ascensionrequired and Subhuman Philtrum

Similar threads

cursedbybones
Replies
7
Views
33
dreamz
dreamz
dhusc
Replies
8
Views
78
FunnyVALENTINE
FunnyVALENTINE
Ivanos
Replies
2
Views
21
gnoyim
gnoyim
them streets b cold
Replies
3
Views
50
Crimx991
Crimx991
KraftDurchLeid
Replies
2
Views
40
Mansur
Mansur

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top