Does anyone else have chronic health anxiety?

Eternal_

Eternal_

✝️
Having worked in a hospital hasn't helped. There are so many diseases I'm terrified of getting—alzheimers, cancer, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, aneurysm, stroke, etc. So many things can happen and I often feel completely demoralized just thinking of how I would be able to live my life if I were to have these sort of illnesses.

Health anxiety sucks

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: N1666
are u a nurse?

i have austism

yes i always used to think every health problem i had was cancer and i was gonna die in the next 4 months

Be not afraid as any misfortune that will happen to you is in God's perfect plan and it's ultimately beneficial for you.
On the serious side be thankful you aren't working in ER.

• +1
Reactions: Eternal_
Be not afraid as any misfortune that will happen to you is in God's perfect plan and it's ultimately beneficial for you.
On the serious side be thankful you aren't working in ER.
It's very difficult to contend with this idea, even as a religious person. I want to live as long as possible and be as healthy as possible. It is not easy to suffer of disease and then claim that this is Gods perfect plan for your life.

Anyhow, I have worked (shadowed) in the ER for a few shifts and it's not something I am able to do. Props to the ER pharmacists but no way. High stakes, high stress, high responsibility, and to top it all off—depressing as hell.

holy shit life mogging all of the users here :feelswah:

• Hmm...
Reactions: Eternal_
It's very difficult to contend with this idea, even as a religious person. I want to live as long as possible and be as healthy as possible. It is not easy to suffer of disease and then claim that this is Gods perfect plan for your life.

Anyhow, I have worked (shadowed) in the ER for a few shifts and it's not something I am able to do. Props to the ER pharmacists but no way. High stakes, high stress, high responsibility, and to top it all off—depressing as hell.
Why do you wanna prolong your life if you believe eternal bliss is waiting for you?

Why do you wanna prolong your life if you believe eternal bliss is waiting for you?
Because nobody wants to die. Every Christian believes in eternal life but you don't see any of them committing suicide in droves to skip this transitory experience. Death is terrifying. As much as I staunchly believe in the living God Jesus Christ, I want to live a good and long life while I am here.

• +1
Reactions: Lulleko