Does anyone else have to make a conscious effort to open their eyes wider? (potentially due to weak upper eyelid muscles)

supahotfirenze

supahotfirenze

Iron
B4 anything else - yes my eyes are subhuman and I have shitty upper and lower eye support. But that aside, I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with low hanging upper eyelids where you have to make a conscious effort to tense them and open them up wider (not to retarded levels where it looks like your shocked, but just so u don't look half asleep with your upper eyelid covering half of your iris). My whole life people have told me I look high/sleepy - It pretty much looks like I'm drunk alot of the time. Only recently I've started applying a little bit of constant tension like I said to open up my eyes properly and surely enough, that tiny difference does make me look alot better. My question is, is this ptosis? All the cases of ptosis I've seen have been in one eye and seems to alwways be severe. Is it possible that I simply have weak eyelid muscles (e.g. levator palpebrae superioris) from basement dwelling/being indoors my whole life and never having to flex my eye muscles. I'm wondering if after a while I'll be able to strengthen these muscles and their natural tone will change so that my eyes permanently look more awake without having to make a conscious effort. Anyone else with such 'sleepy' eyes?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: boxface34 and Psychophilly
thing with me is i have hooded eyes if i try to make a conscious effort to keep my eyes open. however. my eyes look a LOT bigger horizontally (pfl) if i have them fully open because it hides my insane lashes. so i almost always have to stop myself from having my eyes fully open to fraud pfl lmao. lashes are imo the most important part of eye area after eyebrows, u can fraud everything from pfl to canthal tilt with them.

No, just stop looking down at your phone 24/7 and it will quickly fix itself.

• +1
Reactions: zyMOGenic
B4 anything else - yes my eyes are subhuman and I have shitty upper and lower eye support. But that aside, I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with low hanging upper eyelids where you have to make a conscious effort to tense them and open them up wider (not to retarded levels where it looks like your shocked, but just so u don't look half asleep with your upper eyelid covering half of your iris). My whole life people have told me I look high/sleepy - It pretty much looks like I'm drunk alot of the time. Only recently I've started applying a little bit of constant tension like I said to open up my eyes properly and surely enough, that tiny difference does make me look alot better. My question is, is this ptosis? All the cases of ptosis I've seen have been in one eye and seems to alwways be severe. Is it possible that I simply have weak eyelid muscles (e.g. levator palpebrae superioris) from basement dwelling/being indoors my whole life and never having to flex my eye muscles. I'm wondering if after a while I'll be able to strengthen these muscles and their natural tone will change so that my eyes permanently look more awake without having to make a conscious effort. Anyone else with such 'sleepy' eyes?
Take ptsosis drops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back