Does anyone have proof that elastics recess???

D

Deleted member 17429

Kraken
Ive heard a lot of people saying oh "elastics can recess you", "it prevents forward growth" etc, but is this actually true? Is there some truth behind the claims? I spoke with my ortho and he showed me how my bite will change over time, and it looks only good tbh. Why would anyone not get braces for crowding or an underbite considering the ortho still accounts for forward growth.

Can someone explain how the fuck this would descend me I'm genuinely curious

• JFL
Reactions: AlexBrown84
If you want to wear them without side effects just push your lower jaw forward on your upper jaw with force.

If you want to wear them without side effects just push your lower jaw forward on your upper jaw with force.
Don’t bump old posts. Do it again and you’re getting a 3 month ban.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
Don’t bump old posts. Do it again and you’re getting a 3 month ban.
I thought this was recent since . Doesn't matter anyway cuz you not mod

so just jut?

Ive heard a lot of people saying oh "elastics can recess you", "it prevents forward growth" etc, but is this actually true? Is there some truth behind the claims? I spoke with my ortho and he showed me how my bite will change over time, and it looks only good tbh. Why would anyone not get braces for crowding or an underbite considering the ortho still accounts for forward growth.
View attachment 1586975

Can someone explain how the fuck this would descend me I'm genuinely curious
Orthos are jews. Nuff said

Instead of having the elastics pull your jaws back, you have it pull your jaws forward.
yes it’s pulling my mandible forward and my maxilla up and back by like 1-2mm
atleast that’s what it looks like looking at my orthodontic case