Does anyone here work in high finance? (IB,PE,HF, Big 4, Consulting)

0S4MA

0S4MA

Sosa
What title says, wondering how NT you need to be for these kinda jobs

• +1
Reactions: ElTruecel, vermillioncorefan and 케이제이
Not nearly as much as you think

Some of the most brutal jobs in the world in terms of wlb only thing that can top it is most medical people and you make about equal

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and douche
Quant/tech mogs those boomer meme careers, jfl at working 100hr weeks

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore
Quant/tech mogs those boomer meme careers, jfl at working 100hr weeks
You would have to be a prodigy in Math to be a quant and go to a t10, but yeah they do mog high finance

Few make it to this position but surely MD would require you to be very NT right?
Giga nt is a pre requisite. You're essentially a glorified sales man in control of millions, if not hundreds of millions of dollars in cash flow.

• +1
Giga nt is a pre requisite. You're essentially a glorified sales man in control of millions, if not hundreds of millions of dollars in cash flow.
Guessed as much for IB at least, well the odds most in IB making MD is low anyway same with PE. Although I don't see a HF PM needing to venture to get clients, just analysis and decision-making which wouldn't require insane social skills correct me if I'm wrong

• +1
Reactions: douche
Planning on it, probably landing internship

• +1
Reactions: 0S4MA
Some of the most brutal jobs in the world in terms of wlb only thing that can top it is most medical people and you make about equal
Yeah it is bad all around but varies between banks

• So Sad
Reactions: gooner23
  • +1
Yeah it is bad all around but varies between banks
but thats why you would be making less than 100k the only 200k+ jobs tend to be quant

I only know of childhood teammates whose parents worked in PE, or MBB. They werent really NT tbh. That was then though, nowadays its probably different.

but thats why you would be making less than 100k the only 200k+ jobs tend to be quant
No many IBs in NYC, Chicago, UK, even Canada clear 200 easily around associate level

You need to be gigga NT to get into an Ivy League nowadays so...

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and vermillioncorefan
No many IBs in NYC, Chicago, UK, even Canada clear 200 easily around associate level
and they're working 100 hours, no small bank is offering that much except the most prestigous only 200k jobs in raw cash tend to be top quant firms like two sigma only pays 220k+ for associate thats one of the most prestigious quant firms possible and quant > ib

• +1
True kinda, I didnt apply to a t3 in my country despite my grades as I had literally 0 ECs

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and vermillioncorefan
yea u have to be giga nt to get jobs such as lawyer, accountant, economist, financial analyst, research attorney, etc for some reason :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

and they're working 100 hours, no small bank is offering that much except the most prestigous only 200k jobs in raw cash tend to be top quant firms like two sigma only pays 220k+ for associate thats one of the most prestigious quant firms possible and quant > ib
Quant you would need to be a math prodigy and I heard it caps around 500k. and for IB 200k isn't even the ceiling, VP can easily clear 350-600 depending on the prestige of bank, and even that isn't the highest role although granted MD most people don't reach

Quant you would need to be a math prodigy and I heard it caps around 500k. and for IB 200k isn't even the ceiling, VP can easily clear 350-600 depending on the prestige of bank
quant makes way more than any ib they were suppose to replace most ibs, no entry level ib is making any where near 200k without it being a top 5

Quant you would need to be a math prodigy and I heard it caps around 500k. and for IB 200k isn't even the ceiling, VP can easily clear 350-600 depending on the prestige of bank, and even that isn't the highest role although granted MD most people don't reach
citadel quants make 400k-600k entry level and can peak at 1.3 million at 4 years, hrt in 2021 was 600k - nearly 2 million at 2-4 years

quant makes way more than any ib they were suppose to replace most ibs, no entry level ib is making any where near 200k without it being a top 5
Quant and IB arent the same things why would it replace IB, to my knowledge Quant trading is buyside, I don't see quant analysts clearing more than 500k at any position it only mogs IB at analyst levels

• +1
Reactions: DarkWanderer
citadel quants make 400k-600k entry level and can peak at 1.3 million at 4 years, hrt in 2021 was 600k - nearly 2 million at 2-4 years
Citadel would need you to be a genius to break into, its not even worth mentioning if we are looking at finance as a whole since its so rare like sub 1%

Quant and IB arent the same things why would it replace IB, to my knowledge Quant trading is buyside, I don't see quant analysts clearing more than 500k at any position it only mogs IB at analyst levels
jesus christ im talking about quantative researchers and algorithmic developers

Citadel would need you to be a genius to break into, its not even worth mentioning if we are looking at finance as a whole since its so rare like sub 1%
but you think wells fargo pays 200k entry level

I didnt say it clears 200k entry I said it clears 200k associate which is 3-4 years in
i mean why go for that knowing your gonna $/hr is horrendous even if its 200k a year could easily stack 3 swe jobs and work probably less and make way more

i mean why go for that knowing your gonna $/hr is horrendous even if its 200k a year could easily stack 3 swe jobs and work probably less and make way more
I find finance more interesting and SWE prospects in my city are horrendous id for sure have to move and even then all I see online is the struggle to find SWE jobs for the majority. Maybe when I graduate the industry calms down but for the meantime I can transition my interests if need be

I find finance more interesting and SWE prospects in my city are horrendous id for sure have to move and even then all I see online is the struggle to find SWE jobs for the majority. Maybe when I graduate the industry calms down but for the meantime I can transition my interests if need be
i mean shiii ib would be like last on my list of anything to do theres other concentrations in tech that arent saturated other than swe you won't earn as much but i know they work like less than the average swe like cyber security

That is true, I've always thought of taking boot camps or courses or even teaching myself niches to get certifications ill just have to see whats more likely when I graduate. SWE would be heaven in all aspects like it was before the oversaturation and was my plan for a bit while IB was on the sidelines but things changed and probably will change so again I'm just scoping things out until I graduate

are you currently studying at a target?
Final year of HS I already have a full offer to a finance program though, its a target for my city

citadel not paying 600k ng anymore

quant def best career out of these for money but only really viable if youre from hypsm/ oxbridge/ eth and austistic