Does being a night owl stunt growth?

FatJattMofo

FatJattMofo

Superior to Gigachad
saw somewhere that melatonin is inhibited 50% more when looking at blue light and that igf-1 is highest from 10pm-4am. would this mean that since the melatonin inhibited from ldaring makes you a night owl in my case for long peroids of time and thus misses the igf-1 timing thus stunding growth?.

try not to cope if you are a night owl

• Hmm...
Reactions: Einon
I don't think so.Ive been a night owl,pretty much all my life and I'm 6'3

• +1
Reactions: FatJattMofo
  • +1
oh fuck well maybe not then.
idk man.Try researching It.
Alsoy height stagnated because of obesity and early puberty.
I could have been 6'7 :feelswah:

Could have been srsly. although I though about it and since most teens lack sleep I think bieng a night owl is more than 10x better and even tough they do lack sleep it's obvious the new generations are getting taller

• +1
I stay up late a lot. I stayed up all night and I do this often.

"

The mechanism by which light sensitivity may change during adolescence, and in particular during puberty, may be driven by gonadal (sex) hormones. Evidence from animal studies demonstrates that gonadal hormones (i.e., androgens and estrogens) can modulate photic sensitivity either through alterations in glutamatergic signaling from the retinhypothalamic tract (RHT) or by modulating the indirect pathways to the central circadian clock, the suprachiasmatic nuclei (SCN) [28]. Gonadal hormones may also act directly on the SCN to modulate responses to photic stimuli, or these hormones may act downstream. No studies to date have examined gonadal hormone levels in DSPD patients, however, one recent study of adult humans reported higher testosterone levels in males who also endorse a later chronotype (i.e., more of an evening type) [29]. Finally, adolescents diagnosed with DSPD have been found to be exposed to more ambient light between 10:00pm-2:00am and less light between 8:00-9:00am compared to healthy adolescents [30]. These differences were likely tracking later sleep times in the patients, however, light exposure was similar in the 4 hours before sleep onset and 4 hours after sleep offset in both groups. Daily exposure to light and dark relative to a circadian phase marker (i.e., DLMO, core body temperature minimum) may be more informative to test this hypothesis.

"

night owl high T slayer crew?

• Love it