Does Bimax actually make any sense for aesthetic reasons?

Dragon5000

Dragon5000

Platinum
Based on what I have seen a forward grown maxilla is extremely overrated for men. So, if you are recessed and have no health problems why not just get a custom wrap around jaw implant. Much cheaper, much quicker recovery, less risk of something going wrong, might even look better depending on the situation, and just much more practical (imo). Obviously if you are significantly recessed, (like so recessed that the average person can tell you are recessed, and not just a bunch of autistic guys on the internet who analyze male faces), then an advancement of the maxilla and mandible would be practical for aesthetics and health. but in most situations where people are "recessed" it just doesn't seem practical to me, even if it is ideal.

and to clarify Im not saying fixing recession first isn't ideal, but it just doesn't seem practical. That time and money is valuable. Bimax is a functional surgery meant for life threatening situations for a reason

disclaimer: I honestly do not know what I am talking about. this is a discussion.

What do you guys think?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: bendoverer, TrestIsBest, valhalar and 1 other person
no it doesnt, get a lip filler instead.

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
Genioplasty is usually sufficient if it's only the chin. There are some really good genioplasty results.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17345 and Dragon5000
I used to spout the same cope
Screenshot 20220323 022613 Gallery

• JFL
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer and Deleted member
elaborate further. again Im not saying Bimax isn't Ideal. but for recession were the biggest problem is the lack of jawline, a jaw implant or even genioplasty makes more sense.
prove me wrong. don't just say cope

not wanting to spend 25k and a month of your young life on cutting both of your jaws in half is a reasonable "cope" if there are better or other options for one's situation

Last edited:
To be honest you're probably right. you should probably always fix recession first. but, I would still like you too elaborate, because I think fixing a lack of jawline could be huge for ascension and could be more practical then fixing a recessed face as a whole

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest
To be honest you're probably right. you should probably always fix recession first. but, I would still like you too elaborate, because I think fixing a lack of jawline could be huge for ascension and could be more practical then fixing a recessed face as a whole
Exactly. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good

answer is: it depends

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and Dragon5000
elaborate further. again Im not saying Bimax isn't Ideal. but for recession were the biggest problem is the lack of jawline, a jaw implant or even genioplasty makes more sense.
prove me wrong. don't just say cope

not wanting to spend 25k and a month of your young life on cutting both of your jaws in half is a reasonable "cope" if there are better or other options for one's situation
you can get away with 10k or less depending on location. getting implants or some shit might make sense as a temporary solution long as you can't afford osteotomies but at this point I think the end goal should always be perfect occlusion and forward growth from your bones. all else is cope.

Some recession of the maxilla is fine/workable. Robert Pattinson has a recessed maxilla and his facial structure mogs.

05cf19314ababd243c60592b1a14537a.jpg
he doesn't need implants or genio either though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244 and Deleted member
Based on what I have seen a forward grown maxilla is extremely overrated for men. So, if you are recessed and have no health problems why not just get a custom wrap around jaw implant. Much cheaper, much quicker recovery, less risk of something going wrong, might even look better depending on the situation, and just much more practical (imo). Obviously if you are significantly recessed, (like so recessed that the average person can tell you are recessed, and not just a bunch of autistic guys on the internet who analyze male faces), then an advancement of the maxilla and mandible would be practical for aesthetics and health. but in most situations where people are "recessed" it just doesn't seem practical to me, even if it is ideal.

and to clarify Im not saying fixing recession first isn't ideal, but it just doesn't seem practical. That time and money is valuable. Bimax is a functional surgery meant for life threatening situations for a reason

disclaimer: I honestly do not know what I am talking about. this is a discussion.

What do you guys think?
because if you are recessed and do wraparounds often time you look like an idiot

If you have some kind of notable deformation or recession you should always get bimax/trimax first then implants. It's a nobrainer imo. It might not look that important based on before/after pics but especially the aspect of looking good in motion is often destroyed by implants cuz they look uncanny. Also, if your mandible or chin is recessed and you get a big implant your teeth won't "match" with your apparent "bone structure"

• +1
Reactions: one job away
If you have some kind of notable deformation or recession you should always get bimax/trimax first then implants. It's a nobrainer imo. It might not look that important based on before/after pics but especially the aspect of looking good in motion is often destroyed by implants cuz they look uncanny. Also, if your mandible or chin is recessed and you get a big implant your teeth won't "match" with your apparent "bone structure"

• +1
Reactions: nobodyspecial369
This is partially why

As im getting bimax I can tell you you should not be getting any other surgery before bimax IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY RECESSED in both jaws

A bimax fixes A LOT LOT more than just a mandible that’s behind where it should be, is the main reason.

A recession especially in the maxilla lefort 1 area has a LOT of aesthetic issues. The maxilla is the defining part of your face. Not the mandible. Your face is completely differently filled than how it should be. Your cheeks will appear like you’re fat while actually being lean cuz your soft tissue has no way to stretch itself. Your lips might appear pressed Orono of each other instead of being filled by the maxilla and much more.

If you just fixed your mandible with an implant that would probably look „ok“ for the mandible. But everything else wouldn’t match. Your face would look even more bloated than it already does due to your not stretched out skin etc.

Also as Zenturio said implants are not a good substitution for osteotomys as it will look off.
They are a good supplementation but no substitution.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17244, nobodyspecial369 and Deleted member 2729
its a normal maxxila, not recessed
Pattinson doesn’t have a “normal” maxilla, he is recessed. You can tell because his eye and maxilla have little foward distance between them. If you draw a triangle it’s clearly recessed.

This is partially why

As im getting bimax I can tell you you should not be getting any other surgery before bimax IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY RECESSED in both jaws

A bimax fixes A LOT LOT more than just a mandible that’s behind where it should be, is the main reason.

A recession especially in the maxilla lefort 1 area has a LOT of aesthetic issues. The maxilla is the defining part of your face. Not the mandible. Your face is completely differently filled than how it should be. Your cheeks will appear like you’re fat while actually being lean cuz your soft tissue has no way to stretch itself. Your lips might appear pressed Orono of each other instead of being filled by the maxilla and much more.

If you just fixed your mandible with an implant that would probably look „ok“ for the mandible. But everything else wouldn’t match. Your face would look even more bloated than it already does due to your not stretched out skin etc.

Also as Zenturio said implants are not a good substitution for osteotomys as it will look off.
thank you a lot, this info helped me…

This is partially why

was recommended to get MMA surgery with this guy, i was told MMA is bimax but bimax is not necessarily MMA

Should i do it? i’m very recessed, chin 1 cm behind where it should be