Does Bimax or MSE effect voise?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
My voice is nasally af when I listen to it on playback.

Also got told that I have a high arched narrow palate so wondering if these would fix the nasality in my voice/have any other effects

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel and Wallenberg
giphy.gif

Maybe @RealSurgerymax can answer your question.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, lilhorizontal32, RealSurgerymax and 1 other person
It change it for good
bigger airways etc

"
Opera singer in training here, I got bimaxillary advancement about 8 months ago. Best decision I ever made for my voice. Not sure what you are getting done, but my jaw and tongue were obstructing my airway, and my maxilla position created a smaller than normal resonating space below my palate. By expanding both of these, my air intake and air flow during phonation improved dramatically, and I finally got the volume and resonance I had always wanted. I have practically no neck, jaw, or tongue tension now. Even my vibrato rate evened out and now sounds and feels more natural.
Keep in mind that recovery from double jaw surgery is quite a long and sometimes difficult process. My voice took roughly 4 months to fully recover to where I could sing full out. Looking back on it, I would absolutely do it again as it changed my voice for the better. Feel free to PM me any questions you have about the surgery, recovery, or its impact on the voice. Good luck"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13754
Yes it can a little bit usually for the better

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, Cain and lilhorizontal32
  • +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
dimensions of mouth affect voice just like how shape of throat does so yes it would change

how can it, and to what extent? Esp. in regards to MSE?
Widening narrow nasal passages

there are probably some more exact reasons that speech pathologists study and could tell you. But Im nothing like that

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Widening narrow nasal passages

there are probably some more exact reasons that speech pathologists study and could tell you. But Im nothing like that
to what extent does MSE widen the cheekbones and zygomatic and zygomatic process if one is a teen doing 10mm+ expansion?

Does FM pull the whole maxila?

What causes a tall, wide, projecting chin?

to what extent does MSE widen the cheekbones and zygomatic and zygomatic process if one is a teen doing 10mm+ expansion?

Does FM pull the whole maxila?

What causes a tall, wide, projecting chin?

1. Everyone gets a different zygomatic expansion. Some people get undeniable noticeable zygomatic expansion from 10mm some get not so much. That is why MSE is not really fully an aesthetic procedure - its unpredictable...

2. Yes it does but aesthetically irrelevant amounts (less than 2mm 1 of which will relapse.) where as half a mm is ORTHODONTICALLY relevant it is not aesthetically

3. Genetics mostly but it really doesn't matter what causes it. If you dont have it now then you will never obtain by “natural” means, so Genioplasty causes it :)

Last edited:
1. Everyone gets a different zygomatic expansion. Some people get undeniable noticeable zygomatic expansion from 10mm some get not so much. That is why MSE is not really fully an aesthetic procedure - its unpredictable...

2. Yes it does but aesthetically irrelevant amounts (less than 2mm 1 of which will relapse.) where as half a mm is ORTHODONTICALLY relevant it is not aesthetically

3. Genetics mostly but it really doesn't matter what causes it. If you dont have it now then you will never obtain by “natural” means, so Genioplasty causes it :)
im in puberty can maxxing out t levels+ fix occlusion+ upright the teeth+ applying dht gel and maxxing out igf-1 levels and androgens fix my chin? Aswell as diet+supplementation?

i dont see how mse affects your vocal cords but yes it can have a small effect due to airways