Does binge eating disorder genuinely exist?

alcoholicToad

alcoholicToad

Silver
I’m borderline fat because I’ve developed a binge eating problem in the last 2 months, it seems like I’m genuinely starting to figure out how to manage it but I genuinely don’t know whether the blame is on me entirely.

I’m someone who constantly tries to hold myself as accountable as possible, but this is a situation where I’m somewhat perplexed. Like “binge eating disorder” seems like such typical leftist cope but there’s gotta be a reason that I’ve ended up in this position, especially since I used to be extremely delicate about my eating habits. I also notice very specific psychological patterns that cause me to binge, somehow my mind has lost genuine confidence in its ability to control my eating (mind you this is an illusion driven by anxiety).

Maybe I’m just coping hard though, like imagine if I made all of this up in my head and gained 10kg purely because I am a coper :lul:

No, you’re just a fatass.

• +1
Reactions: alcoholicToad
Dnr

"Muh im fat because of my binge eating DiSoRdEr" :lul:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: alcoholicToad and shia.jihadist
disorders dont exist nigga its jewish cope
Screenshot-2024-06-03-121110.png

No, you’re just a fatass.
But how does that make logical sense

Why would I be lean (like 10%bf ngl), obviously someone who values my appearance a lot, then just throw it all away for no reason.

And why would I feel severe guilt every time but still not be able to stop, I gained 10kg in a month and a half or so.

How is that normal behaviour

Psychology is pretty much a soft science, meaning you can never prove it 100%. This can be observed by its changing nature. What was considered illness 100 years ago might not be today, and vice versa.

That doesn't mean that it doesn't serve some utility though. And maybe that's more important than what's hypothetically the absolute truth. If people get help by being diagnosed with a certain disorder then I guess that's a good thing.

Psychology is pretty much a soft science, meaning you can never prove it 100%. This can be observed by its changing nature. What was considered illness 100 years ago might not be today, and vice versa.

That doesn't mean that it doesn't serve some utility though. And maybe that's more important than what's hypothetically the absolute truth. If people get help by being diagnosed with a certain disorder then I guess that's a good thing.
Yeah you’re correct, that makes me feel better tbh.

Maybe “binge eating disorder” is a cope and I simply have this problem because I worry too much, which convinces me that I can’t control what I eat (I can).