Does braces stop jaw and chin growth?

incle

incle

Iron
btw in what age the jaw and chin stop growing?

• +1
Reactions: no clue
damn good thing i didnt get braces as a kid lol
foid in my class had braces since 10 and shes ltb from the stacylite she'd be if she didnt get braces. brutal

• +1
Reactions: asdvek
btw in what age the jaw and chin stop growing?
It's mostly the upper jaw that stops growing or is forced to stop. The braces and how tight they are cause the muscles around the jaw to grow slower and be weaker. Then the lower jaw continues to grow. Some people buy braces not for their teeth but to fix an overbite.

The chin and jaw tend to stop growing/change at around 18-21 just like height really. That's when most things stop growing for us. Hope this helps

It's mostly the upper jaw that stops growing or is forced to stop. The braces and how tight they are cause the muscles around the jaw to grow slower and be weaker. Then the lower jaw continues to grow. Some people buy braces not for their teeth but to fix an overbite.

The chin and jaw tend to stop growing/change at around 18-21 just like height really. That's when most things stop growing for us. Hope this helps
I will remove the braces when im 16 . So I have time to my jaw to grow right?

• +1
Reactions: no clue
I will remove the braces when im 16 . So I have time to my jaw to grow right?
Yes, your jaw will still grow. It just won't be what it would've been if you didn't get the braces.