does buccal fat go away somewhat as you age (especially for NEAs)

H

htnorbust

Banned
im 19 rn and im pretty low bodyfat % but i have a rounded face appearance due to buccal fat, does this go away in my 20s or should i consider buccal fat removal

Just use tretinoin daily, it gets rid of subhuman buccal fat fairly quickly

ive been using 0.2% retinol for a couple months and havent had any noticeable difference

Yeah its baby fat

This is not true at all, tretinoin only affects the outer most layer of skin, fat is far deeper; tretinoin also actually thickens skin it doesn't thin it like some say.

You may want to consider buccal fat removal. For me (and other Asians) the baby fat on the face stays well into the 30's. It's a genetic thing.

This is not true at all, tretinoin only affects the outer most layer of skin, fat is far deeper; tretinoin also actually thickens skin it doesn't thin it like some say.

It's real, search through the forums and you'll find plenty of anectodes. It makes sense to use tret in some cases, like as a ricecel with excess buccal fat, or as an oldcel with already depleted fat pads

Last edited:
It's real, search through the forums and you'll find plenty of anectodes. It makes sense to use tret in some cases, like as a ricecel with excess buccal fat
I don't get how that's possible but I'll look into it, are they using more than the prescribed amount or something? you're just supposed to use a pea size. I've been using tret for about 8 months and if anything my skin has gotten a bit more thick/plump, no difference in facial fat either