Does CCW require a more skilled surgeon or is it a common thing in jaw surgeries?

11gaijin

11gaijin

Banned
So can any surgeon who perform jaw surgery also perform CCW rotation without a problem?

The only surgeons who wouldnt do it would generlly be ones who are purely functional based. Its very common to have rotation in jaw surgery.

Theres generally two things you can do in jaw surgery, elongate the jaws- both the mandible and maxilla and rotate the jaws in a CCW or CW direction. Often the rotation will have a bigger impact on the persons aestehtics than the advancement- this is true for someone like me who desperately needs CW rotation but doesnt really need much more advancement except for a little bit on the mandible

• +1
Reactions: ROTTING, Tallooksmaxxer and 11gaijin
The only surgeons who wouldnt do it would generlly be ones who are purely functional based. Its very common to have rotation in jaw surgery.

Theres generally two things you can do in jaw surgery, elongate the jaws- both the mandible and maxilla and rotate the jaws in a CCW or CW direction. Often the rotation will have a bigger impact on the persons aestehtics than the advancement- this is true for someone like me who desperately needs CW rotation but doesnt really need much more advancement except for a little bit on the mandible
can i get my maxilla cut like this?
Maxillary impaction maxillaire chirurgie orthodontie 1

Heres a better way to think about it in fact - your jaw is a 3D object right? so it can move forward and back (advancement), up and down (CCW/CW rotation) and side to side (not normally one unless you have a cross bite to fix because this would make you assymetric).

Why would you go with a jaw surgeon who is only willing you move your jaw forward and back when depending on the case- you may benefit much more from rotation than advancement or vice versa. Its a case by case basis, some people really benefit from advancement but not require any rotation, others can benefit a lot from rotation with just a little bit of advancment to correct the bite (someone like me fro example). Others might need a lot of advancement and also rotation to improve thier looks

• +1
Reactions: 11gaijin and Tallooksmaxxer

I see, thanks. I’d be getting bimax (covered by insurance) and I need to discuss this with my surgeon. If he doesn’t do CCW, I’m gonna find another one.

In theory every surgeon should be able to do it. On their 3D virtual planning software there's literally a rotation button, but in practice they're like retarded or something and they don't click it and so they give suboptimal results.

• JFL
Reactions: 11gaijin
I see, thanks. I’d be getting bimax (covered by insurance) and I need to discuss this with my surgeon. If he doesn’t do CCW, I’m gonna find another one.
Also depends where you live, as an example german docs can't make ccw and if they do, they do it with impaction because they didn't learn the posterior downgraft (there are only a few who can make it), so make sure that your doctor masters both techniques

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Also depends where you live, as an example german docs can't make ccw and if they do, they do it with impaction because they didn't learn the posterior downgraft (there are only a few who can make it), so make sure that your doctor masters both techniques
I am in Sweden :feelswhy:

• So Sad
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer