Does chin shield always mogg genioplasty?

D

Deleted member 2729

facemaxx or death
My mandible isn't recessed (lower lip is slightly below upper lip and upper lip to lower lip ratio is good) but my chin is severely recessed. I want to fix it and have already decided on an osteotomy because bones >>> everything. My question is, is the chin shield always superior to the normal or sliding genioplasty? I want to get this one right since chin is my only severe facial flaw. I want to get a chin shield done with Dr. Zarrinbal but I'm scared of missing crucial information.

Thx in advance comrades

Chin shield is a type of genioplasty.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 2729
when operating the chin , a jaw surgeon must masters several techniques. They are not very different, technically, but indications differ.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 6963 and Deleted member 2729
Would chin shield be good for gordon ramsay? (I think his lower 4rd issue is similar to mine lol)

I'm also not sure of the best way to get a defined, angular looking jaw/chin from the front.

People like me who have a face like the kid on the right instead of the kid on the left:

Almost feels like the only solution would be to shave the bone on the sides to create a kind of 'step off' and some angularity

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614
depends if you have a deep mentolabial fold or not

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and oatmeal
Chin shield is a type of genioplasty.
Yes I know that
when operating the chin , a jaw surgeon must masters several techniques. They are not very different, technically, but indications differ.
What exactly do you mean? Are there any signs when genio or shield are better?
depends if you have a deep mentolabial fold or not
Atm I have no visible fold because I have no chin but if I push the skin forward to where the chin should be it creates a deep fold.

Yes I know that

What exactly do you mean? Are there any signs when genio or shield are better?

it depends on your initial chin and your surgeon. You don’t get to decide 😉 or you shouldn’t, for your own good

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 4887
it depends on your initial chin and your surgeon. You don’t get to decide 😉 or you shouldn’t, for your own good
Do you think I can rely on Dr. Zarrinbals evaluation? I mean I know surgeons are the real pros but they also make mistakes and some are bluepilled beyond believe so e.g. they wouln't move the chin as much forward as it would be necessary

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4614
Do you think I can rely on Dr. Zarrinbals evaluation? I mean I know surgeons are the real pros but they also make mistakes and some are bluepilled beyond believe so e.g. they wouln't move the chin as much forward as it would be necessary
I am a surgeon. What do you think my answer is to that.

I don’t let my patients decide on the best genioplasty technique for them. It’s a take it or visit someone else policy. I sometimes let them decide on bigger things like wether to camouflage a bimax case with a chin shield and minor upper lip procedures

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Deleted member 4887

I don’t let my patients decide on the best genioplasty technique for them. It’s a take it or visit someone else policy. I sometimes let them decide on bigger things like wether to camouflage a bimax case with a chin shield and minor upper lip procedures
Yes I understand but you and Dr. Z are not the same person. You are here on looksmax so I know you are blackpilled and based

• JFL
Reactions: kirbyparks

what are minor upper lip procedures?

Yes I understand but you and Dr. Z are not the same person. You are here on looksmax so I know you are blackpilled and based
Anyway, you shouldn’t choose the technique, you risk getting a bad result. It’s a combination of surgeon + technique.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6341
Anyway, you shouldn’t choose the technique, you risk getting a bad result. It’s a combination of surgeon + technique.
Yea well obviously I will just make suggestions I mean I am literally paying him to give me advice on what to do with my jaw

• +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover
Yea well obviously I will just make suggestions I mean I am literally paying him to give me advice on what to do with my jaw
Ok, that’s the correct way to do it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6341 and Deleted member 2729
Would chin shield be good for gordon ramsay? (I think his lower 4rd issue is similar to mine lol)
View attachment 969364

I'm also not sure of the best way to get a defined, angular looking jaw/chin from the front.

People like me who have a face like the kid on the right instead of the kid on the left:

View attachment 969367

Almost feels like the only solution would be to shave the bone on the sides to create a kind of 'step off' and some angularity
Lower Ford

• JFL
Reactions: wristcel
View attachment 969364

View attachment 969367

All you need to do is lose fat and get as close to single digit bf territory as possible for a sharper lower third and tighter submental region

Users who are viewing this thread

Back