Does coinbase stock price tend to track the crypto market generally?

DoctorLooksmax

DoctorLooksmax

IPDcel
Have some money in an investment ISA and Im looking to diversify portfolio with some crypto but would rather keep all my money in one place.

Coinbase stock over the last year seems to have more or less exactly tracked the bitcoin price- if I buy stocks will it be essentially like buying bitcoin (in terms of an unvestment - i have no interest in actually using the coins)

isa cuckism

bad time to buy crypto

Have some money in an investment ISA and Im looking to diversify portfolio with some crypto but would rather keep all my money in one place.

Coinbase stock over the last year seems to have more or less exactly tracked the bitcoin price- if I buy stocks will it be essentially like buying bitcoin (in terms of an unvestment - i have no interest in actually using the coins)
Somewhat, but there's other shit like worrying about competition, margin compression, market share, future fee mods, etc.

Prob a closer proxy would be something like buying one of the big miners, only shock there can be energy price shocks but they are somewhat built into btc price anyway

• +1
Reactions: DoctorLooksmax