Does compensation orthodontics for underbite during puberty allow for maxilla to grow forward more than if there were no orthodontics?

6ft4

TFBEM is the Meta
I got braces for my underbite when I was 16
I got my braces off when I turned 18 so I would say around 17.5 years old was when I first had my upper canines and incisors in front of my lower ones
My face definitely grew more bone wise past 17, I would sayy my facial bones kept growing until I was 21/22
If I had not had orthodontics, is it likely that my maxilla would've been even more recessed or was almost all potential for forward growth finished by the time I was 17.5 when I had finally escaped an underbite occlusion?

I am realizing lately how many negatives come along with compensation orthodontics
1. Upper premolar extractions: narrowing the palate and creating less visible teeth for your smile.
Narrower palate also means narrower airway, your breathing may suffer.

2. Pushing your mandible backwards: creates a less defined jaw appearance and gonians become less visible because your jaw is not pressing against your soft tissue as much. Ramus looks shorter etc.
Pushing mandible back also blocks up your ear canal meaning worse hearing.
I am convinced forcing such a large bone in your skull backwards into an unnatural position has a detrimental effect on overall brain function and makes you more prone to fits of rage.
I am convinced people with functional problems within their jaws are more prone to anger issues/violence.
If you look at people from the middle East, a huge percentage of them have recessed jaws, they are also naturally more prone to rage. Is this a coincidence or is there a link?
There is absolutely no way in nature that a human could have their mandible permanently pushed backwards into a completely unnatural position, yet orthos think they can do it to people without it causing any health issues/subconscious psychological issues

3. Multiple years of orthodontic work that needs to later be undone results in significant damage to your gums
Moving the teeth around does a lot of damage to the alveolar bone, my gums are significantly recessed now compared to the average mid-late 20s person

When I look back at pics from when I was 15, my maxilla looked more recessed than it does now (possibly because mandible was much further forward) so compensation orthodontics did lead to me having success with girls for a few years because it reduced the discrepency between my jaws. The ideal situation would've been to have a surgery plan from 16 and get surgery aged 18 with the orthodontics tailored to the surgery

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad, currylightskin, thecel and 1 other person
did you wear rubber bands?

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Growth Plate
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: ChristianChad, thecel and Growth Plate
  • JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad and Growth Plate
ortho criminals

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and ItsOver999
I got braces for my underbite when I was 16
I got my braces off when I turned 18 so I would say around 17.5 years old was when I first had my upper canines and incisors in front of my lower ones
My face definitely grew more bone wise past 17, I would sayy my facial bones kept growing until I was 21/22
If I had not had orthodontics, is it likely that my maxilla would've been even more recessed or was almost all potential for forward growth finished by the time I was 17.5 when I had finally escaped an underbite occlusion?

I am realizing lately how many negatives come along with compensation orthodontics
1. Upper premolar extractions: narrowing the palate and creating less visible teeth for your smile.
Narrower palate also means narrower airway, your breathing may suffer.

2. Pushing your mandible backwards: creates a less defined jaw appearance and gonians become less visible because your jaw is not pressing against your soft tissue as much. Ramus looks shorter etc.
Pushing mandible back also blocks up your ear canal meaning worse hearing.
I am convinced forcing such a large bone in your skull backwards into an unnatural position has a detrimental effect on overall brain function and makes you more prone to fits of rage.
I am convinced people with functional problems within their jaws are more prone to anger issues/violence.
If you look at people from the middle East, a huge percentage of them have recessed jaws, they are also naturally more prone to rage. Is this a coincidence or is there a link?
There is absolutely no way in nature that a human could have their mandible permanently pushed backwards into a completely unnatural position, yet orthos think they can do it to people without it causing any health issues/subconscious psychological issues

3. Multiple years of orthodontic work that needs to later be undone results in significant damage to your gums
Moving the teeth around does a lot of damage to the alveolar bone, my gums are significantly recessed now compared to the average mid-late 20s person

When I look back at pics from when I was 15, my maxilla looked more recessed than it does now (possibly because mandible was much further forward) so compensation orthodontics did lead to me having success with girls for a few years because it reduced the discrepency between my jaws. The ideal situation would've been to have a surgery plan from 16 and get surgery aged 18 with the orthodontics tailored to the surgery
if there is an orthodontist in the picture 90% chance they are retarded and will incel your face. If your working with an ortho you need to be in control and aware of what they are doing to you... As a general rule I tell people to stay away. Instead go to orthotropist or myofunctionalist/airwar dentists.

• +1
Reactions: currylightskin
if there is an orthodontist in the picture 90% chance they are retarded and will incel your face. If your working with an ortho you need to be in control and aware of what they are doing to you... As a general rule I tell people to stay away. Instead go to orthotropist or myofunctionalist/airwar dentists.
A healthy forward grown face is hard to fuck without 2+ years of elastics or atleast 4 extractions

I had elastics for 3 months and my maxilla didn’t change one bit, my face is perfectly forward grown

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad