Does every surgeon have botched cases?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
title

I mean this question in general but the thought came to mind because I have been reading many bad reviews about dr eppley but unsure how much weight to give them

where are you reading them, realself?
the thing about eppley is that he gives people what they want, so sometimes people end up looking uncanny because that's what they asked for

• +1
Reactions: Jason Voorhees and mulattomaxxer
where are you reading them, realself?
the thing about eppley is that he gives people what they want, so sometimes people end up looking uncanny because that's what they asked for
not just on realself

google eppley botched or something similar and you will get all sorts of wild stories about him

also found this to be a bit concerning:

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
not just on realself

google eppley botched or something similar and you will get all sorts of wild stories about him

also found this to be a bit concerning:
I think a lot of these are regarding that facelift case, if you google Lucille Lacovelli you find a lot of stuff, she apparently killed herself
It's hard to find surgeons without any botched case if they have been in the biz for 20-30 years

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
Before going to a surgeon just google if he has any botched cases and print them.
Go to him and ask:
"-So, do you have any surgeries that failed?"
If he says: "No, none, I never fail!", then pull out the cases, drop them on his desk and say: "What about these?" and see how he reacts...

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 5180, mulattomaxxer, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 2 others
Before going to a surgeon just google if he has any botched cases and print them.
Go to him and ask:
If he says: "No, none, I never fail!", then pull out the cases, drop them on his desk and say: "What about these?" and see how he reacts...
That’s a way to get kicked out lol. But at the same time if he lies you shouldn’t undergo surgery with him anyways

• +1
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad, mulattomaxxer and Gonthar
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad, mulattomaxxer and AlwaysHaveQuestions
Every surgeon has probably had botched cases. Surgery is a risk which you choose to take. This is why surgery shouldn't be taken lightly. I will also go by the ideology that you should get surgery to fix failios not create halos.

I would also imagine the complexity of the job is important. If you ask your surgeon to make you look like a chico clone, he is probably going to botch your surgery. From what I have seen botched surgeries are either done by poorly qualified grifters, or by people with BDD who aren't going to be satisfied with the product. Surgeons will give you what you ask for. This is why you have people looking like gay aliens after 90+ cosmetic surgeries.

Just look at their previous results and be extremely skepitcal. If you have a bad feeling about them, don't go through with it. There are alot of grifter surgeons that just want to make quick money. If the surgery is far cheaper then competitors, then don't do it.

• +1
Reactions: Timelessbrah and lilhorizontal32
Every surgeon has probably had botched cases. Surgery is a risk which you choose to take. This is why surgery shouldn't be taken lightly. I will also go by the ideology that you should get surgery to fix failios not create halos.

I would also imagine the complexity of the job is important. If you ask your surgeon to make you look like a chico clone, he is probably going to botch your surgery. From what I have seen botched surgeries are either done by poorly qualified grifters, or by people with BDD who aren't going to be satisfied with the product. Surgeons will give you what you ask for. This is why you have people looking like gay aliens after 90+ cosmetic surgeries.

Just look at their previous results and be extremely skepitcal. If you have a bad feeling about them, don't go through with it. There are alot of grifter surgeons that just want to make quick money. If the surgery is far cheaper then competitors, then don't do it.
thanks for the advice. weird thing is one local maxfax surgeon that I was referred to is meant to be one of, if not the best surgeon in my city, and I have even heard this from both local surgeons in my city and from neighbouring cities

however I feel somewhat skeptical about him, especially regarding his aesthetic judgement, as he suggested a lefort movement for me much higher than what every user here has suggested (about twice as much) and he only showed me 1 before and after and the guy had chimp lip (he said that it was due to swelling however)

despite all of this I feel that I should trust him because he has been operating for many decades and has an insanely good reputation amongst his peers and the orthodontists in my city

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
thanks for the advice. weird thing is one local maxfax surgeon that I was referred to is meant to be one of, if not the best surgeon in my city, and I have even heard this from both local surgeons in my city and from neighbouring cities

however I feel somewhat skeptical about him, especially regarding his aesthetic judgement, as he suggested a lefort movement for me much higher than what every user here has suggested (about twice as much) and he only showed me 1 before and after and the guy had chimp lip (he said that it was due to swelling however)

despite all of this I feel that I should trust him because he has been operating for many decades and has an insanely good reputation amongst his peers and the orthodontists in my city
If you have chimp lip he probably has the right idea. Remember that there are probably no users here that are real surgeons. My advice would be to go get consultations from a few different maxfac surgeons. See what they say.

What a reputatble surgeon reccomends > what users here have to say. To an extent. There are alot of grifter surgeons that just want to make quick money.

• +1
If you have chimp lip he probably has the right idea. Remember that there are probably no users here that are real surgeons. My advice would be to go get consultations from a few different maxfac surgeons. See what they say.

What a reputatble surgeon reccomends > what users here have to say. To an extent. There are alot of grifter surgeons that just want to make quick money.
Consulting with different maxfac surgeons is exactly what I’m doing at the moment.

and I myself don’t have chimp lip, just afraid of getting it post surgery and losing my concave philtrum

however, I don’t agree with the idea of not taking advice from here because I’ve spoken to a surgeon who was pretty obviously suggesting some horrible movements.

I think the problem lies more in figuring out what would be the most ideal surgical plan, as I seem to understand what would be best for me more generally, but still am unsure about the minor details eg 2.5mm advancement vs 3mm, and for that you would have to have performed 100s of surgeries and seen the results of it, which no one on PSL has

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
every case eppley has ever done is a botched case because he's a scam artist

every case eppley has ever done is a botched case because he's a scam artist
The only people who give him permission to post their results online are the kooks who ask for gigantic implants. Most of his successes are fucking huge but he can’t post online or elsewhere due to confidentiality, it can’t change your opinion I’m sure but my friend went to him 2 years ago and ascended hard with 3 implants (two malar-infra, and wraparound jaw). 3.5 to 5 PSL, he never admitted to it to anyone but me and his fiancé but he went from goofy looking to majorly handsome, Dr E called him one of his best multi-implant successes. Notice how Eppley does a lot of multi-implant, sometimes 3, 4, even 5 piece ones that literally change the entire face, but posts none online? That’s not a conspiracy of botching, he just literally doesn’t get permission from these people to post online, same goes for Dr Y, Dr sailer, literally any surgeon, the transformations basically make them into new people and none of them want their results online. It’s almost shocking how much they change and they paid the average annual American salary after tax to do it and live a life after. I know firsthand how good Eppley is and I myself will be going to him after my friend’s referral which I hope gets me a slight discount. Eppley changed his life and while I need less augmentation I hope he changes mine as well.

inb4 shill I just hate all these incels who have literally never interacted with any of the major implant surgeons and call them frauds for no reason. They are overpriced but you do pay for surgeon skill and Dr E, Dr Y, Binder, Sailer, etc have that skill

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13137, mulattomaxxer and lasthope
The only people who give him permission to post their results online are the kooks who ask for gigantic implants. Most of his successes are fucking huge but he can’t post online or elsewhere due to confidentiality, it can’t change your opinion I’m sure but my friend went to him 2 years ago and ascended hard with 3 implants (two malar-infra, and wraparound jaw). 3.5 to 5 PSL, he never admitted to it to anyone but me and his fiancé but he went from goofy looking to majorly handsome, Dr E called him one of his best multi-implant successes. Notice how Eppley does a lot of multi-implant, sometimes 3, 4, even 5 piece ones that literally change the entire face, but posts none online? That’s not a conspiracy of botching, he just literally doesn’t get permission from these people to post online, same goes for Dr Y, Dr sailer, literally any surgeon, the transformations basically make them into new people and none of them want their results online. It’s almost shocking how much they change and they paid the average annual American salary after tax to do it and live a life after. I know firsthand how good Eppley is and I myself will be going to him after my friend’s referral which I hope gets me a slight discount. Eppley changed his life and while I need less augmentation I hope he changes mine as well.

inb4 shill I just hate all these incels who have literally never interacted with any of the major implant surgeons and call them frauds for no reason. They are overpriced but you do pay for surgeon skill and Dr E, Dr Y, Binder, Sailer, etc have that skill
great comment man.

and it makes sense that these surgeons are doing good work, otherwise they wouldve been sued out of business a long time ago

Notice how Eppley does a lot of multi-implant, sometimes 3, 4, even 5 piece ones that literally change the entire face, but posts none online?
would genuinely pay to see these ngl

my friend went to him 2 years ago and ascended hard with 3 implants (two malar-infra, and wraparound jaw). 3.5 to 5 PSL, he never admitted to it to anyone but me and his fiancé but he went from goofy looking to majorly handsome, Dr E called him one of his best multi-implant successes.
wouldnt that meant that his result was unusually good and something we should take as the exception? as in most peoples results will be nowhere as nice hence we should lower our expectations with implants

and if this is the norm however it might mean that this forum would have to reconsider its stance on implants in general being uncanny

Consulting with different maxfac surgeons is exactly what I’m doing at the moment.

and I myself don’t have chimp lip, just afraid of getting it post surgery and losing my concave philtrum

however, I don’t agree with the idea of not taking advice from here because I’ve spoken to a surgeon who was pretty obviously suggesting some horrible movements.

I think the problem lies more in figuring out what would be the most ideal surgical plan, as I seem to understand what would be best for me more generally, but still am unsure about the minor details eg 2.5mm advancement vs 3mm, and for that you would have to have performed 100s of surgeries and seen the results of it, which no one on PSL has
Ok I was to harsh on the people here. The more advice and knowledge you have the better. Some people on here otherr good advice, its the niggas throwing advice such as "get a lefort 3 bro" that I don't approve.

• +1
Most skilled surgeon have 0 botched because they use custom on 3D so the surgery goes as planned

People getting botched are people who had too much expectation from the surgery then they don't look the way they wanted to look so they say they are botched

Then there is some infection risk which i don't considered that the surgeon botched the person but it was the risk to take

Also some surgeon just do what the patient ask , then the patient is not happy but why would it be the surgeon faults ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13137 and lilhorizontal32

No, that makes sense

I’m somewhat skeptical of implants since most look uncanny

Does your friend look uncanny at all? Or do implants look natural for him

• +1
Most skilled surgeon have 0 botched because they use custom on 3D so the surgery goes as planned

People getting botched are people who had too much expectation from the surgery then they don't look the way they wanted to look so they say they are botched

Then there is some infection risk which i don't considered that the surgeon botched the person but it was the risk to take

Also some surgeon just do what the patient ask , then the patient is not happy but why would it be the surgeon faults ?
What do you think about implants? Are they worth considering or is strictly bimax from a maxfac the way to go? I know that’s broad and it varies from case to case but in general I never see good results from implants

What do you think about implants? Are they worth considering or is strictly bimax from a maxfac the way to go? I know that’s broad and it varies from case to case but in general I never see good results from implants
If you are recessed you cannot cope with implant it will look very uncanny , first you adress the recession with bimax

Then jaw will be good but if you lack of angularity that's when u use implant

Im against chin implant solo, it look bad or not great psl improvement.
But full jaw or jaw angle after bimax is a good option

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32 and Deleted member 13137
Go to him and ask:
Thoughts? :lul: @RealSurgerymax

What does botched mean exactly? Not meeting patients aesthetic expectations?
Then yes, every single one has botched cases.

Or does it mean to make an objective medical mistake and/or producing an outcome that is without good reason aesthetically inferior and different from what the patient asked for?

If you mean the latter then I'm not sure, I have personally chatted with people who got by this definition botched by Alfaro, Ramieri, Raffaini, Pagnoni, Brusco, Triaca, Andreishchev, Zarrinbal, basically EVERY top tier surgeon you can think of, you can't blame them for this because unpredictability is inherent to surgery.

The important question is HOW MANY are botched and UNDER WHICH CIRCUMSTANCES. Are they very basic cases, or were they extremely complex cases with high expectations?

And that my dear friend you have to asses for yourself, individually and then to a risk vs return consideration, THAT'S the proper way to approach surgery.

• +1
Reactions: lasthope
What does botched mean exactly? Not meeting patients aesthetic expectations?
Then yes, every single one has botched cases.

Or does it mean to make an objective medical mistake and/or producing an outcome that is without good reason aesthetically inferior and different from what the patient asked for?

If you mean the latter then I'm not sure, I have personally chatted with people who got by this definition botched by Alfaro, Ramieri, Raffaini, Pagnoni, Brusco, Triaca, Andreishchev, Zarrinbal, basically EVERY top tier surgeon you can think of, you can't blame them for this because unpredictability is inherent to surgery.

The important question is HOW MANY are botched and UNDER WHICH CIRCUMSTANCES. Are they very basic cases, or were they extremely complex cases with high expectations?

And that my dear friend you have to asses for yourself, individually and then to a risk vs return consideration, THAT'S the proper way to approach surgery.
Makes sense bro. Thanks for the reply

and also where’d you find all of these people that got botched?

as far as I know, Ramieri is very good at getting aesthetic outcomes and there’s no stories of him botching anyone on PSL

Makes sense bro. Thanks for the reply

and also where’d you find all of these people that got botched?

as far as I know, Ramieri is very good at getting aesthetic outcomes and there’s no stories of him botching anyone on PSL
Reddit, Jawsurgeryforums, lookism, here and google reviews, and many different facebook bimax groups.
But yes all of these surgeons I have named are actually pretty good, even andreischchev. He personally confirmed to me he was trained by Dr Triaca and I guess that didn't happen without good reason.