Does facepulling work?

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

Wise old Aboriginal
Why has no one here tried it or got results? I might make copeandrope's, seeing as Mike mew approved of the design

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Where do I buy the bow

That shit takes time ya know? 0.3-0.5 mm per month if you are very consistent and have high pulling force
Yeah I wanna make one but i dont want my parents to find out cos otherwise they'll think I'm autistic. also, might sound retarded, but where is the pulling force actually coming from?

Yeah I wanna make one but i dont want my parents to find out cos otherwise they'll think I'm autistic. also, might sound retarded, but where is the pulling force actually coming from?
You have to accept that your parents will find you autistic, at first they wanted to send me to therapy, now they gonna pay for MSE... You can't wear facepuller 13 hours a day without them noticing...
How do you mean "where is the force coming from" - what distributes the force or where you feel it

• +1
Reactions: SoyGune
You have to accept that your parents will find you autistic, at first they wanted to send me to therapy, now they gonna pay for MSE... You can't wear facepuller 13 hours a day without them noticing...
How do you mean "where is the force coming from" - what distributes the force or where you feel it
I mean yeah what distributes the force I guess. Like how does it pull forward on my face? What causes that force?

I mean yeah what distributes the force I guess. Like how does it pull forward on my face? What causes that force?
Rubberbands attached to the infraoral appliance

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
Rubber ands attached to the infraoral appliance
Right. How dont the bands snap if they're applying that much force. I'm not a physicscel

Right. How dont the bands snap if they're applying that much force. I'm not a physicscel
Those bands can add up to quite some force, and you won't be able to handle anything above 1.2 kg anyways

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
Those bands can add up to quite some force, and you won't be able to handle anything above 1.2 kg anyways
Aight so to increase the force you would just tighten the bands or what?

you use several ones , each one giving 250grams . 4 on each side totalling 2kg

• +1
Reactions: 000 and Darkstrand
I would go for the second strongest, don't forget 2 kg is unbearable

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7033
I would go for the second strongest, don't forget 2 kg is unbearable
According to Wolf's law

If loading on a particular bone increases, the bone will remodel itself over time to become stronger to resist that sort of loading

therefore applying a big force is useless because the bone will become, harder, denser and stronger to resist against the force you apply

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand
Bc u would have no social life for 11 months straight

That shit takes time ya know? 0.3-0.5 mm per month if you are very consistent and have high pulling force
where did you get that number from?

According to Wolf's law

therefore applying a big force is useless because the bone will become, harder, denser and stronger to resist against the force you apply
But does this apply to pulling forces as well? I always thought this rule only is for pushing forces
where did you get that number from?
Don't ask me the exact thread this originated from, it's definitely been mentioned in many facepulling threads with back up information

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 25
  • +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and Darkstrand
Why has no one here tried it or got results? I might make copeandrope's, seeing as Mike mew approved of the design
This is 400g of force per side or total?
Just take several and never go too high with the force
Where do I find more rubber bands fitted for the BOW? I don’t just want to use regular ones because they can snap.
Would I be able to handle 1kg of *total* force for 12 hours per day?

Last edited:
Where do I find more rubber bands fitted for the BOW? I don’t just want to use regular ones because they can snap.
Orthodontic rubberbands, you can get them online

How many bands does the Sandra bow come with?
I don't know with how many it comes, be careful tho to not go over board with the applied force, I think there's usually only 250g on the bow

I don't know with how many it comes, be careful tho to not go over board with the applied force, I think there's usually only 250g on the bow
So 2 bands because each band is 250g of force right? I want to do 500g of force per side for 12 hours per day.

So 2 bands because each band is 250g of force right? I want to do 500g of force per side for 12 hours per day.
The bow should be able to bear 500g, but don't take my word, doctor's opinion is worth more than forum autist's

Don't ask me the exact thread this originated from, it's definitely been mentioned in many facepulling threads with back up information
ahh ok, i think i know which one your reffering to, thanks
What about increasing bone plasticity, could that get around the problem? This type of shit:https://looksmax.org/threads/how-to...th-and-bone-remodelling-my-hypothesis.103372/

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer and Darkstrand