Does facial hair need testosterone to grow?

D

Deleted member 17791

Insane in the brain
So does it get harder to grow facial hair as you become oldcel?

I'm growing out my facial hair right now, I will pull out my chin hairs but I'm leaving my moustache alone. I was thinking, If I nuked my test levels, would I not be able to grow any future moustaches? I'd like to keep that.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, thecel and Deleted member 16853
I think its most likely genetics/race. Cause majority of asians don't have facial hair, yet most arabs have a full grown beard fresh outta middle school, so just look at your family and that'll tell you more than enough

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 17791 and thecel
I think its most likely genetics/race. Cause majority of asians don't have facial hair, yet most arabs have a full grown beard fresh outta middle school, so just look at your family and that'll tell you more than enough
I mean do you need test to sustain beard growth you already have.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 16853
I mean do you need test to sustain beard growth you already have.
Yeah, im pretty sure the more testosterone you have the more facial hair you'll have, but too much and you'll lose your hair(Talking to you steroid copers). And estrogen pretty much does the opposite

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
Yeah, im pretty sure the more testosterone you have the more facial hair you'll have, but too much and you'll lose your hair(Talking to you steroid copers). And estrogen pretty much does the opposite
So you'd start to lose your beard if testosterone gets too low?

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
It does in the form of converted DHT.

But you don't have enough so forget it.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 17791
No, it depends on dht

No, it depends on dht
Well that's what I'm talking about really. So you need DHT for you to keep your beard? If that goes, your beard will start thining?

• Woah
So you'd start to lose your beard if testosterone gets too low?
Nah, I don't think you'd lose facial hair with age, infact you'd probably gain more

• Hmm...
Well that's what I'm talking about really. So you need DHT for you to keep your beard? If that goes, your beard will start thining?
No u don't need it cause I'm on finasteride and still have a good beard

Dht during puberty is probably more important

• Hmm...
Nah, I don't think you'd lose facial hair with age, infact you'd probably gain more
T levels remain pretty consistent as you age though. I mean if it falls of a cliff. Say you had balls cancer and had to remove.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 16853
No u don't need it cause I'm on finasteride and still have a good beard

Dht during puberty is probably more important
Does fin completely nuke DHT levels?

• Woah
So a 60-80% reduction was enough to save your hair?
My hair is stable yes, got some thickness back too

Hairline still shit tho

• Love it
My hair is stable yes, got some thickness back too

Hairline still shit tho
Good to hear. I'd jump on fin the second I see trouble, I already have a high hairline from a young age so I can't afford any loss.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Moggedbyevery1
I think it's genetic, I exercise, eat well and sleep 6-12 hours a day, which in theory should have high T and I have little facial hair

while my brother does not exercise and eats pure junk he grows a thick beard

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and Deleted member 17791
I think it's genetic, I exercise, eat well and sleep 6-12 hours a day, which in theory should have high T and I have little facial hair

while my brother does not exercise and eats pure junk he grows a thick beard
I think DHT sensitivity is also a factor. You may have similar T levels but your brother is more sensitive.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and GandyIsNormie
I think DHT sensitivity is also a factor. You may have similar T levels but your brother is more sensitive.
My brother has pure masculine features while I look like a girl but i'm taller and i have more frame than wtf

• Woah
My brother has pure masculine features while I look like a girl but i'm taller and i have more frame than wtf
High T levels can make you stop growing earlier.

Is your sex drive normal? If it is, you probably are just not very sensitive to DHT.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and GandyIsNormie
Los niveles altos de testosterona pueden hacer que dejes de crecer antes.

¿Tu deseo sexual es normal? Si es así, probablemente no seas muy sensible a la DHT.
I feel like fucking almost daily

• +1
soyboys have good beard

• +1
Reactions: Clark69 and GandyIsNormie
Genetics + DHT sensitivity on face

So does it get harder to grow facial hair as you become oldcel?
Not at all, quite the opposite if anything. So I doubt nuking your test levels would have any effect on facial hair growth

It's all about having good androgenic sensitivity.

Nah... It's from DHT and having the receptors that are sensitive to androgens. Testosterone will just thicken the roots. Clinically low T levels will effect DHT output though. As long as your test isn't below 300ng+ (normal range). Beards tend to get thicker into the 40's and early 50's unless you're an Arab, Turk, Greek, Spaniard, Indian, negro - who sport full beards when young.

Mark Hamill couldn't grow facial hair in his 20's. I remember him saying on a chat show. He's now sporting a thick beard at 70.

Stephen Hendry (snooker) looks to be another late beard grower. I think he's 50 now. He looked like he couldn't grow one in his twenties or thirties.

It seems if you're of Nordic/north European extraction with pale skin and light eyes/hair, beard growth comes in later in life.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ballskin
Nah... It's from DHT and having the receptors that are sensitive to androgens. Testosterone will just thicken the roots. Clinically low T levels will effect DHT output though. As long as your test isn't below 300ng+ (normal range). Beards tend to get thicker into the 40's and early 50's unless you're an Arab, Turk, Greek, Spaniard, Indian, negro - who sport full beards when young.

Mark Hamill couldn't grow facial hair in his 20's. I remember him saying on a chat show. He's now sporting a thick beard at 70.

Stephen Hendry (snooker) looks to be another late beard grower. I think he's 50 now. He looked like he couldn't grow one in his twenties or thirties.

It seems if you're of Nordic/north European extraction with pale skin and light eyes/hair, beard growth comes in later in life.
Who’s the girl in your avi

also OP is a faggot, you will never be a woman!