Does gaining fat without increasing muscle mass give you strength?

gietol

gietol

Banned
So, if I gain only 10 kg of fat but have no muscle gain, will I get stronger?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lawton88
So, if I lose only 10 kg of fat but have no muscle gain, will I get stronger?

I doubt it as carrying extra fat weight seems to allow people to lift more but it it isn't good for looksmaxxing.

• +1
Reactions: gietol
So, if I gain only 10 kg of fat but have no muscle gain, will I get stronger?

Title: Does gaining fat give you strength?​

I doubt it as carrying extra fat weight seems to allow people to lift more but it it isn't good for looksmaxxing.
it will obviously make you get stronger, the same way more muscle will make you stronger
but it will probably bloat your face so be careful about that if you care about face

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88 and gietol
Why are fat people strong?
Mass moves mass to a degree, Also moving around while being fat takes a bigger toll on the body which results in more muscle

• +1
Strongman competitors are always fatter than bodybuilding pros, and almost always stronger and more formidable than top BB'ers too.

So yeah, fat must have some role, else we'd see shredded strongmen who are also stronger than shredded bodybuilders at same bf%

• +1
they have muscle underneath the fat. the fat people who don't have muscle look like skinny fat pajeets with skinny forearms and wrists but fat stomachs, face, ass. those skinny fat ones are not strong, they are usually weak asf.

• +1

I think being low bodyfat limits your muscle gains to a degree so if a person is willing to pack on some extra fat they are able to gain a little more muscle than if they are 15% or lower bodyfat.

• +1
I think being low bodyfat limits your muscle gains to a degree so if a person is willing to pack on some extra fat they are able to gain a little more muscle than if they are 15% or lower bodyfat.
probably

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
mass moves mass so yea prolly