Does genioplasty decreases chin height?

copemaxxeer

copemaxxeer

PSL 6
What to do if your chin is small then? chin implant instead?

Get every surgery that is out there

A sliding genioplasty decreases vertical height but increases horizontal projection. There are many other types of genioplasties though, if you want additional chin height then what you are looking for is a genioplasty that increases vertical height, such as the hinge genioplasty.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Elvisandreaa
A sliding genioplasty decreases vertical height but increases horizontal projection. There are many other types of genioplasties though, if you want additional chin height then what you are looking for is a genioplasty that increases vertical height, such as the hinge genioplasty.
I need horizontal projection and chin height, currently I have to resort to beard frauding to not appear subhuman

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
I need horizontal projection and chin height, currently I have to resort to beard frauding to not appear subhuman
It's doable, plenty of OMFS and plastic surgeons perform it.

• +1
What should I do then? hinge genioplasty + implant?
No, you go to a OMFS or plastic surgeons office, you explain that you want a genioplasty that gives you horizontal projection + vertical lengthening. They plan it for you from there on. What you want is perfectly doable just as an osteotomy (genioplasty only), you do not need to involve any alloplastics. This all depends on how many mm's we are talking about though.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and copemaxxeer
No, you go to a OMFS or plastic surgeons office, you explain that you want a genioplasty that gives you horizontal projection + vertical lengthening. They plan it for you from there on. What you want is perfectly doable just as an osteotomy (genioplasty only), you do not need to involve any alloplastics. This all depends on how many mm's we are talking about though.
Another question sir, does a genio gives me a face lift? I don't want to do this procedure right now but actually once my skin starts sagging when I am older, the reason? beardfrauding works amazingly well at the moment and I want to keep my SMV high through the years instead of burning my potential at young age

• +1
is it painful or is it a walk in a park surgery ?

can it be performed under local anesthesia ?

is it painful or is it a walk in a park surgery ?

can it be performed under local anesthesia ?

This is not like a rhino when you are just moving soft tissue, we are talking about cutting actual bone, I don't think you would want local anesthesia for that but who knows

• +1
This is not like a rhino when you are just moving soft tissue, we are talking about cutting actual bone, I don't think you would want local anesthesia for that but who knows
yeh i see , what about the post-op recovery ? is it minimally painful ?

• +1
Expect up to a couple of months untill you get all feeling back.

Im almost 2 weeks after and its still very tingly.

• +1
If I am not wrong implants are less invasive and you could suffer nerve damage in the lips or get some problems with your teeth if the procedure is not well done

• +1
Another question sir, does a genio gives me a face lift? I don't want to do this procedure right now but actually once my skin starts sagging when I am older, the reason? beardfrauding works amazingly well at the moment and I want to keep my SMV high through the years instead of burning my potential at young age
Under the chin mostly, some have reported skin stretching as high up as around the eyes though. Seems to differ from person to person. Skin stretching in the submental area should be a given.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and copemaxxeer
Under the chin mostly, some have reported skin stretching as high up as around the eyes though. Seems to differ from person to person. Skin stretching in the submental area should be a given.
do they fill in the gap if you increase height? or is it just held there by a screwed in plate?

do they fill in the gap if you increase height? or is it just held there by a screwed in plate?
Depends on how big the gap is. Sometimes it can be left without any grafting. There's risk for non-union of course with this.

The gap can be filled in with autogenous-, allogeneic-grafts or bone substitute materials such as Hydroxyapatite (HA). I've seen HA-paste, HA-granules or a combination of the two (paste+granules) and HA-blocks being used to fill in gaps.

Last edited:
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and dakchuh
Depends on how big the gap is. Sometimes it can be left without any grafting. There's risk for non-union of course with this.

The gap can be filled in with autogenous-, allogeneic-grafts or bone substitute materials such as Hydroxyapatite (HA). I've seen HA-paste, HA-granules or a combination of the two (paste+granules) and HA-blocks being used to fill in gaps.
ur like the only one that still knows and cares about hardmaxxing here now that its filled with literal children shitting up this subforum

• So Sad
Reactions: Silver
ur like the only one that still knows and cares about hardmaxxing here now that its filled with literal children shitting up this subforum
Everyone with knowledge did their hardmaxxes and left. No point in staying after you've altered what was necessary.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Deleted member 8771, ChristianChad and 2 others