Does higher testosterone in boys lead to shorter final height?

S

shortandproud

Iron
If you take two boys with identical genetics and conditions, but one has higher testosterone levels than the other, will the one with more testosterone end up being shorter? I know testosterone affects growth plates, but I'm curious about how significant this impact is.

I read that capons (castrated roosters) grow taller because they don't have testosterone influencing their growth plates. I also heard that castrati (castrated male singers) were often taller for the same reason.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ErbCel, rand anon, 5'7 zoomer and 2 others
yes quicker bone aging

yes quicker bone aging
if this was the case then gamers would be way taller on average then kids who play sports,which doesnt happen because its near irrevelant,or girls would be taller then guys because they have 'slower bone ageing' from lower test

• JFL
Reactions: raleqtambrobret
if this was the case then gamers would be way taller on average then kids who play sports,which doesnt happen because its near irrevelant,or girls would be taller then guys because they have 'slower bone ageing' from lower test
because sports dont increase your testosterone
and yes sports could stunt your growth due to using the building blocks to repair muscles instead of for more height

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer and IRL_Reject
No, hypogonadism causes shorter stature

and yes sports could stunt your growth due to using the building blocks to repair muscles instead of for more height
soccer,basketball etc is low impact and probs good for height or atleast neutral,but lifting weights and things then yes

i am 3 inches taller than my brother who was doing gym and sports

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, user123456, raleqtambrobret and 2 others
i am 3 inches taller than my brother who was doing gym and sports
yes bc gym stunts growth,all gamers i know who are lazy all grew to be tall

• +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, IAMNOTANINCEL and mirrormogger
If they are natural then yes almost certainly. In the same human male, more testosterone will lead to more estrogen inevitably due to aromatase which means that more testosterone in the same male will mean a shorter final height. That is not to say that there is no variation between humans though,

• +1
Reactions: LegitUser and IAMNOTANINCEL
Then what do u want be a incel like u and sit at home all day:lul:

yep Lifting and sports young did this to me and now I'm only 5'10.

• +1
Reactions: IAMNOTANINCEL
its not testosterone what closes growth plates, is the estrogen created from teh testosterone what closes growth plates,that is why woman stop growing earlier,because they have more estrogen.

So some male with higher testosterone will have more estrogen so he will stoip growing earlier,but testosterone also increases growth hormones,so really i dont know who will end taller...:unsure:

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, STAMPEDE, IAMNOTANINCEL and 1 other person
living a nice relaxing peaceful life sounds much better than forcing yourself into an iron asylum with Whores shaking thair Baboon Asses for Instagram and chubby balding old men screaming as they slam weights into the ground

• JFL
its not testosterone what closes growth plates, is the estrogen created from teh testosterone what closes growth plates,that is why woman stop growing earlier,because they have more estrogen.

So some male with higher testosterone will have more estrogen so he will stoip growing earlier,but testosterone also increases growth hormones,so really i dont know who will end taller...:unsure:
@Whatashame posted example of two twins, one suffering from hypogonadism and the hypogonadal one was like a half a foot shorter

living a nice relaxing peaceful life sounds much better than forcing yourself into an iron asylum with Whores shaking thair Baboon Asses for Instagram and chubby balding old men screaming as they slam weights into the ground
Playing sports in adequate amount increase hgh

no, you have to get sunlight, id rather sit outside all day, but no exercise whatsoever

• JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, IRL_Reject and raleqtambrobret
Playing sports in adequate amount increase hgh
Yeah because it is a stress hormone. Raising HGH doesn't just make you taller if you are making it in response to stress. If you are starving HGH elevates as well. Do you think that the best way to maximize your height is to starve yourself? jfl

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: MA_ascender
@Whatashame posted example of two twins, one suffering from hypogonadism and the hypogonadal one was like a half a foot shorter
again, you're talking hypogonadal, which is obviously different. If you have the t levels of a geriatric transsexual yes, you won't grow, but with too much, you will close off your growth plates quickly.

again, you're talking hypogonadal, which is obviously different. If you have the t levels of a geriatric transsexual yes, you won't grow, but with too much, you will close off your growth plates quickly.
Op mentioned castration

• +1
Reactions: NoReedemingFeature
  • Hmm...
Reactions: raleqtambrobret
You were obese & low T, you said it yourself.
I seriously doubt an obese & low T 14 year old would do anything serious in the gym, the most you probably did was pick up a 3kg dumbbell (made for women) a few times and said "ZYZZ WE GO GYM BRAH!" and then went back home.

You went through puberty, stop trying to act smart you retarded sped.

I seriously doubt an obese & low T 14 year old would do anything serious in the gym, the most you probably did was pick up a 3kg dumbbell (made for women) a few times and said "ZYZZ WE GO GYM BRAH!" and then went back home.

Going to the gym doesn't just mean lifting weights. more balanced and a healthy diet and a lower fat content = makes you high t
Keep believing that sitting at home and eating mcdonalds will make you taller, you idiot.

The HGH you produce to repair the muscles comes to you in addition it does not steal from the existing ones :D

Going to the gym doesn't just mean lifting weights. more balanced and a healthy diet and a lower fat content = makes you high t
Keep believing that sitting at home and eating mcdonalds will make you taller, you idiot.
Funny you say that, because sitting at home & eating mcdonalds actually does make you taller.
Why do you think this generation is so tall..... don't tell me you think it's eating muh vegetables and doing calisthenics that is making them tall.... :forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

• +1
The HGH you produce to repair the muscles comes to you in addition it does not steal from the existing ones :D
This is what I mean you're retarded.
The HGH you produce to repair the muscles, gets used to repair the muscles.

None of it goes towards growing your bones, you incel.

Funny you say that, because sitting at home & eating mcdonalds actually does make you taller.
Why do you think this generation is so tall..... don't tell me you think it's eating muh vegetables and doing calisthenics that is making them tall.... :forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:
Because their parents did not reach their genetic potential in their time, stupid

Because their parents did not reach their genetic potential in their time, stupid
Please stop chatting like you know anything.
It's not about that, it's just science & biology.

This is what I mean you're retarded.
The HGH you produce to repair the muscles, gets used to repair the muscles.

None of it goes towards growing your bones, you incel.
We do not grow with the hgh we produce to repair muscles, also t increases your igf levels

We do not grow with the hgh we produce to repair muscles, also t increases your igf levels
If you understand the HGH we produce doesn't help us grow, why the fuck did you even mention that..? Lol.
Also, sure, T does increase IGF levels, except there are studies that prove that exercise reduces your T.

So please add 1 to 1 and pray your brain makes the connection before you send another reply.
You are truly an retard
Source: 303 ng/dl at 16 years old.
Please kill yourself, you will never amount to anything.

I am being kind-hearted here, I am simply trying to save you from a life of misery.

• +1
Reactions: elemanzelvadre
  • Woah
Reactions: MA_ascender
If you understand the HGH we produce doesn't help us grow, why the fuck did you even mention that..? Lol.
Also, sure, T does increase IGF levels, except there are studies that prove that exercise reduces your T.

So please add 1 to 1 and pray your brain makes the connection before you send another reply.

Source: 303 ng/dl at 16 years old.
Please kill yourself, you will never amount to anything.

I am being kind-hearted here, I am simply trying to save you from a life of misery.
I believe my testosterone was at hypogonadic levels before I started exercising its around 550 600 now

I tell you I got taller by increasing my testosterone and you call that puberty.

I believe my testosterone was at hypogonadic levels before I started exercising its around 550 600 now

I tell you I got taller by increasing my testosterone and you call that puberty.
Yes, because guess what.
You entered puberty, you grew taller, then as you progressed through puberty.... you grew some more.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what happened here, you lardass.

• JFL
lower fat content = makes you high t
testosterone is made from fat whats the logic of eating less fat = more t lol
but it literally does tho. being sedentary ensures that the building blocks from food and hgh produced is used for height only and not for any tissue repairs
plus eating junk food is a huge gh booster but no one even talked about eating mcdonalds ur just strawmanning

but it literally does tho. being sedentary ensures that the building blocks from food and hgh produced is used for height only and not for any tissue repairs
plus eating junk food is a huge gh booster but no one even talked about eating mcdonalds ur just strawmanning
i mean body fat not eatable fat

being sedantary makes you fat=high e you need be lean or use ai

ramblings of a chronic masturbator

• +1
Reactions: elemanzelvadre