Does lighting matter as much as we think?

H

Hurricane1

Iron
Everybody knows that they look more attractive in some lighting than other lighting, like direct sunlight vs fluorescent lighting, but how much does this really matter to anybody else besides ourselves? Specifically in real life, not in photos, most of the time others can notice bad lighting in a photo. I can’t think of any times that I’ve thought to myself in normal situations, “that person looks really bad in this lighting”. The only times I ever notice lighting for somebody else is when somebody looks good in good lighting, not when they look bad in bad lighting, but most people think to themselves “I look worse in this lighting” when the lighting is bad. Maybe it’s something like relative to everyone you look the same as normal.

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, Deleted member 34058, looksseg and 1 other person
the limited dynamic range of iphones means bad lighting will impact pictures more than irl

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, Deleted member 34058 and incel194012940
matters a lot tbh. Night and day. MTN to literal chadlite for me

• +1
Reactions: Detective, EggKing, LooksThinker and 2 others
probably mostly in ur head. for me in my head lighting is the difference between me contemplateing suicide and feeling like the best looking man in the world who will conquer all

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26, ongongfr, LooksThinker and 5 others
if you have brown eyes sunlight hitting your eyes just right will make your eyes look beautiful (unless they're absolutely pitch black)

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26, EggKing, Deleted member 34058 and 2 others
It does, foids are obsessed with taking pics at sunset (golden hour) because of how radiant it makes you look in pics

• +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, Deleted member 34058 and drag
It does, foids are obsessed with taking pics at sunset (golden hour) because of how radiant it makes you look in pics
Yeah that’s what I mean though. They take the photos in good lighting because it would make you look better, but you probably wouldn’t see them a whole lot differently in other lighting irl because that’s what your eyes would be used to at that moment. You’d notice your own flaws a whole lot more in bad lighting because you’d be comparing it to all of the times that you saw yourself in good lighting.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 34058 and Deleted member 49008
That’s a good question, I see myself much more good looking in the mirrors of some specific places. I would like very much to know what could cause this

If lighting matters, you are not good enough. Either you are perfect from every angle or you are unfinished.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: ongongfr, ASM5, Niksy and 2 others