Does Love exist

MonoTBB

MonoTBB

Silver
Does it? Like people nowadays leave you because of a haircut and this forum is one of the things that prove love might never be achievable, how can we all desire to be loved but never give love. We all have the ability to love and the desire for it why is it so hard to find then? Well I gues it's impossible for today's standards in the 1900 people truly loved eachother and died for one another, this is what love is! We will never experience true love.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: cheerio, goodgamebro, RaidenJTR and 1 other person
Does it? Like people nowadays leave you because of a haircut and this forum is one of the things that prove love might never be achievable, how can we all desire to be loved but never give love. We all have the ability to love and the desire for it why is it so hard to find then? Well I gues it's impossible for today's standards in the 1900 people truly loved eachother and died for one another, this is what love is! We will never experience true love.
there is different types of love , love is loving your mother, or loving a friend, what most people are reffering to is being attracted to someone wich is far from love, you cannot love someone at first sight, it has to be built. similar how love between children and parents is build. lets say a boy gets born and seperated from his mother and 16 years later he crosses her on the street, he doesnt love her, he doesnt even care who she is.

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
Hereโ€™s the paragraph to end all copes. In the case of women, "true" love, or unconditional love, stems from a parenting instinct. This instinct was selected mainly because it help ensure the survival of one's offspring.

Even centuries before feminism, women did not really "love" their spouses. The feeling of weakness to a high status man at best creates desire and respect, I do not believe it is unconditional love. It is more like a feeling of dependance , possibly intertwined with sexual desire if the guy's genetic material is of high enough "quality". The only rare cases where I have seen a woman unconditionnally love a man, it was moreso a fluke, with the woman placing her motherly instincts on her partner.

Men, on the other part, can fall madly in love with one specific woman to the point where they can become depressed longterm and even commit suicide when she leaves them. I think the data can back me up on this.

Men are a hundred times more prone to develop a true feeling of attachement, and in general have a much harder time moving on after a separation than women.

Men have, at large, been selected to unconditionally want to provide for the woman they have mated with when there is reproductive scarcity (ex: not being top genetic material), since it improves the chances that their offspring will survive.

Love is a very strong feeling that emerges from an imperative to pass on your genes. In the case of women, this can hardly be expressed towards a potential mate, since reproductive scarcity rarely applies to women.

Nowadays, it is worse, because the number of potential mates women have only increases thanks to technology.

This is the true blackpill and now this site just copes with looks

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: disheartenedcel, cheerio, Deleted member 51465 and 4 others
Jesus Loves you... :feelsokman:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: MonoTBB and SADA
yes i loved a girl once in 7-9th grade and then she got ran over by a fucking car and died in the hospital 2 days later

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: goodgamebro, FBl, MonoTBB and 1 other person
not if she has an internet connection

• +1
Reactions: FBl and MonoTBB
Hereโ€™s the paragraph to end all copes. In the case of women, "true" love, or unconditional love, stems from a parenting instinct. This instinct was selected mainly because it help ensure the survival of one's offspring.

Even centuries before feminism, women did not really "love" their spouses. The feeling of weakness to a high status man at best creates desire and respect, I do not believe it is unconditional love. It is more like a feeling of dependance , possibly intertwined with sexual desire if the guy's genetic material is of high enough "quality". The only rare cases where I have seen a woman unconditionnally love a man, it was moreso a fluke, with the woman placing her motherly instincts on her partner.

Men, on the other part, can fall madly in love with one specific woman to the point where they can become depressed longterm and even commit suicide when she leaves them. I think the data can back me up on this.

Men are a hundred times more prone to develop a true feeling of attachement, and in general have a much harder time moving on after a separation than women.

Men have, at large, been selected to unconditionally want to provide for the woman they have mated with when there is reproductive scarcity (ex: not being top genetic material), since it improves the chances that their offspring will survive.

Love is a very strong feeling that emerges from an imperative to pass on your genes. In the case of women, this can hardly be expressed towards a potential mate, since reproductive scarcity rarely applies to women.

Nowadays, it is worse, because the number of potential mates women have only increases thanks to technology.

This is the true blackpill and now this site just copes with looks
Love the explanation

• +1
Reactions: SADA
A girl leaving her boyfriend over a haircut never really loved him. A 2 year little fling isn't really a strong enough relationship to involve actual love. It's just getting there.

• +1
Reactions: FBl
A girl leaving her boyfriend over a haircut never really loved him. A 2 year little fling isn't really a strong enough relationship to involve actual love. It's just getting there.
story 1
โ€œBeing married with limerence on another is the worst

My coworker and I texted a lot for a year - sometimes 100 texts a day. He pursued a friendship with me. Over that time I developed an emotional attachment to him. A couple months ago told him I like him and he freaked out. (We're both married with kids.) We've been on LC since. My limerence has gotten better but it's not gone all the way because I still see him in Zoom meetings, etc. I don't want to leave my job either as I like it.

Worst part is I don't even get why I'm still into him and neither does anyone else apparently - he's like 10 to 15 years older and not attractive. I brought him up with two of my friends who know him (who don't know about this limerence) and one of them went "ewww gross." The other said "he is definitely not conventionally attractive." WTF is wrong with me? It's like I am crazy. My husband is better objectively. It's like I am legit mentally ill and I can't get out of the rut completely.

I want to be present fully for my family, and it's tough.โ€

story 2
"Im so scared of seeing my limerent object at this work party, my husband will be with me but I'm not sure how I'll react, I can't get him off my mind and it's been 10 years"

story 3 (other poster is asking if anyone else has limerence while married to someone else)
โ€œMarried. Married my LO.... 15 years later developed another LO. So yeah.โ€

story 4 (husbands pov, he is the victim)
โ€œMy wife and I have been married for 11 years and have 3 children (2, 5 and 7). She has been having an emotional affair for a few months now with another man (22). This affair started off as a friendship back in early November. They met online through Reddit on some gaming board. I initially thought that it was a good thing she had met this new friend. She finds it hard to make and keep new friends and we don't share the same love of gaming or really a lot of other interests, so I thought it was good that she had someone to share something she was interested in with. It quickly became apparent that the relationship was progressing to more than a friendship. I feel so stupid now but at the time I trusted that she had things under control and wouldn't go to far. I think I was also blinded by the fact that she seemed the happiest she'd been in a long time. She was bouncy and bubbly, affectionate and engaging again. I had missed that and totally skewed my view of where our marriage was at. I know it should have been a major red flag and I guess it was, I just put it to the back of my mind and managed to convince myself that I was actually the one making her this happy.

This "friendship" continued to progress over the next few months. My wife would spend all day texting and calling this guy. I know they met up and hung out a few times, he only lives an hour away, but he works a lot, so it was mainly just text and calls. She swears to me that there was nothing sexual, that they just hung out. I believe her, though I'm actually not sure why come to think of it. I know she wanted and still wants to. This all went on and on, every day. Every day the alarm bells in my head were ringing louder and louder. I tried to talk to her about it but she wasn't interested. She was in complete denial that she was doing anything wrong. The fact is though, she was. She was cheating on me and she was cheating on our family. She was all of a sudden in her own fantasy world and she completely stopped contributing to our family. I was doing everything. I was working every day, doing all the cleaning, getting the kids ready for school, doing their homework with them, cooking, everything.

Then at the end of February, we had an argument because I had taken a couple of hours to help our neighbor finish building a deck. I had given her plenty of notice I was going to do this but it had been months since she had really listened to anything I said to her and I guess she just didn't remember I had told her. To say she was furious was an understatement. So we had the argument and she left me. She basically told me how terrible a father and husband I am for going next door for hours and not telling her where I was and it was typical of how I would just disregard the family in favor of my friends. She kicked me out and we have been separated ever since. My whole world came down around me. I've been living with my friend and it has been rough as hell.

Now, me and my wife are still on good terms, still friends. We see each other and talk all the time. Actually we talk more than we ever did, but it always seems to be about this guy. She never wants to talk about us or our marriage. I love her more than anything in the world. Despite the great deal of pain and suffering she has caused me over the last 6 months, I still want nothing more than to repair our marriage and spend the rest of my life with her. I'm not going to sit here and say there weren't real problems in our marriage because there were and have been for a long time. I always thought I was really good to her but I realize that I could have been so much more, that I should have been so much more, and I am really trying hard to be that for her. I've even been trying to support her through her feelings for this other guy. I have battled with depression. The last 3 years have been tough but I have managed it myself as best I could. Unfortunately I didn't see the profoundly negative effect it was having on her. She was always trying to convince be I needed to speak to someone, but I always procrastinated and never actually did. I just put it all on her which in hindsight was a really shit thing to do. Even still, she stuck by me. I didn't deserve that loyalty.

About a month ago, after months of making her feel like she was the center of his world and that he was just as in to her as she was to him, he told her he wasn't interested in a relationship and he just wanted to be friends. Two weeks ago, he told her he was now dating someone and has just ghosted her since. This has obviously devastated her. She knows there's no chance they will be together, but she still today holds out hope. I guess I can't blame her, I still hold out hope that we will work out, even though I know at this point it's less likely than likely to happen. I've done what I can to be there for her but it's hard. One one hand, I want to thrash this guy for breaking the love of my life's heart and just cuddle her until she is better, but on the other hand, I feel completely betrayed. I'm heartbroken. Sometimes I just want to jump up and scream in her face HA! YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW! but that won't accomplish anything, that's just me being irrational and angry. I don't know what to do with myself or my life from here. I couldn't bare the idea of us not being together any more.

A couple of weeks ago, she finally decided to talk to me somewhat in depth about the situation, our marriage and the effects of all of this on us, the kids, our mental health, our financial health, everything. I was seeking some clarification as to how the hell she could have let it get to this point. How she could let herself fall in love with someone else and barely even question it. She replied to me that she felt it wasn't love but this thing called limerence. That it was an addiction. That she was addicted to how good he made her feel and that she's now having withdrawals. To make it worse, because we had been together for so long, I'm not, and never will be capable of giving her that feeling and because of that, I can't really help. I'm actually even more angry now than I was before. Like I said before, she has indicated a couple of times that she's not disinterested in trying to fix our marriage, but she refuses to go to couples therapy and basically shuts down any ideas that I have. Possibly she just needs time, I don't know.โ€

You will not get a taste of unconditional love, even if you are the perfect man, LITERALLY PERFECT, it still wonโ€™t happen.

You will not get a taste of unconditional love, even if you are the perfect man, LITERALLY PERFECT, it still wonโ€™t happen.
Well you kind of contradicted yourself. Love between a man and a woman who isnโ€™t his mother is conditional. He just needs good looks and personality for a significant proportion of the relationship. Sadly itโ€™s not the kind of love where the girl would die for you like your mother would.

• +1
Reactions: FutureSlayer
True love is so rare 99.9% of people will never experience it. But biological reactions during intercourse (lust) are 100% real. Yes.

• +1
Reactions: FBl
story 1

My coworker and I texted a lot for a year - sometimes 100 texts a day. He pursued a friendship with me. Over that time I developed an emotional attachment to him. A couple months ago told him I like him and he freaked out. (We're both married with kids.) We've been on LC since. My limerence has gotten better but it's not gone all the way because I still see him in Zoom meetings, etc. I don't want to leave my job either as I like it.

Worst part is I don't even get why I'm still into him and neither does anyone else apparently - he's like 10 to 15 years older and not attractive. I brought him up with two of my friends who know him (who don't know about this limerence) and one of them went "ewww gross." The other said "he is definitely not conventionally attractive." WTF is wrong with me? It's like I am crazy. My husband is better objectively. It's like I am legit mentally ill and I can't get out of the rut completely.

story 2
"Im so scared of seeing my limerent object at this work party, my husband will be with me but I'm not sure how I'll react, I can't get him off my mind and it's been 10 years"

story 3 (other poster is asking if anyone else has limerence while married to someone else)

โ€œMy wife and I have been married for 11 years and have 3 children (2, 5 and 7). She has been having an emotional affair for a few months now with another man (22). This affair started off as a friendship back in early November. They met online through Reddit on some gaming board. I initially thought that it was a good thing she had met this new friend. She finds it hard to make and keep new friends and we don't share the same love of gaming or really a lot of other interests, so I thought it was good that she had someone to share something she was interested in with. It quickly became apparent that the relationship was progressing to more than a friendship. I feel so stupid now but at the time I trusted that she had things under control and wouldn't go to far. I think I was also blinded by the fact that she seemed the happiest she'd been in a long time. She was bouncy and bubbly, affectionate and engaging again. I had missed that and totally skewed my view of where our marriage was at. I know it should have been a major red flag and I guess it was, I just put it to the back of my mind and managed to convince myself that I was actually the one making her this happy.

This "friendship" continued to progress over the next few months. My wife would spend all day texting and calling this guy. I know they met up and hung out a few times, he only lives an hour away, but he works a lot, so it was mainly just text and calls. She swears to me that there was nothing sexual, that they just hung out. I believe her, though I'm actually not sure why come to think of it. I know she wanted and still wants to. This all went on and on, every day. Every day the alarm bells in my head were ringing louder and louder. I tried to talk to her about it but she wasn't interested. She was in complete denial that she was doing anything wrong. The fact is though, she was. She was cheating on me and she was cheating on our family. She was all of a sudden in her own fantasy world and she completely stopped contributing to our family. I was doing everything. I was working every day, doing all the cleaning, getting the kids ready for school, doing their homework with them, cooking, everything.

Then at the end of February, we had an argument because I had taken a couple of hours to help our neighbor finish building a deck. I had given her plenty of notice I was going to do this but it had been months since she had really listened to anything I said to her and I guess she just didn't remember I had told her. To say she was furious was an understatement. So we had the argument and she left me. She basically told me how terrible a father and husband I am for going next door for hours and not telling her where I was and it was typical of how I would just disregard the family in favor of my friends. She kicked me out and we have been separated ever since. My whole world came down around me. I've been living with my friend and it has been rough as hell.

Now, me and my wife are still on good terms, still friends. We see each other and talk all the time. Actually we talk more than we ever did, but it always seems to be about this guy. She never wants to talk about us or our marriage. I love her more than anything in the world. Despite the great deal of pain and suffering she has caused me over the last 6 months, I still want nothing more than to repair our marriage and spend the rest of my life with her. I'm not going to sit here and say there weren't real problems in our marriage because there were and have been for a long time. I always thought I was really good to her but I realize that I could have been so much more, that I should have been so much more, and I am really trying hard to be that for her. I've even been trying to support her through her feelings for this other guy. I have battled with depression. The last 3 years have been tough but I have managed it myself as best I could. Unfortunately I didn't see the profoundly negative effect it was having on her. She was always trying to convince be I needed to speak to someone, but I always procrastinated and never actually did. I just put it all on her which in hindsight was a really shit thing to do. Even still, she stuck by me. I didn't deserve that loyalty.

About a month ago, after months of making her feel like she was the center of his world and that he was just as in to her as she was to him, he told her he wasn't interested in a relationship and he just wanted to be friends. Two weeks ago, he told her he was now dating someone and has just ghosted her since. This has obviously devastated her. She knows there's no chance they will be together, but she still today holds out hope. I guess I can't blame her, I still hold out hope that we will work out, even though I know at this point it's less likely than likely to happen. I've done what I can to be there for her but it's hard. One one hand, I want to thrash this guy for breaking the love of my life's heart and just cuddle her until she is better, but on the other hand, I feel completely betrayed. I'm heartbroken. Sometimes I just want to jump up and scream in her face HA! YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW! but that won't accomplish anything, that's just me being irrational and angry. I don't know what to do with myself or my life from here. I couldn't bare the idea of us not being together any more.

A couple of weeks ago, she finally decided to talk to me somewhat in depth about the situation, our marriage and the effects of all of this on us, the kids, our mental health, our financial health, everything. I was seeking some clarification as to how the hell she could have let it get to this point. How she could let herself fall in love with someone else and barely even question it. She replied to me that she felt it wasn't love but this thing called limerence. That it was an addiction. That she was addicted to how good he made her feel and that she's now having withdrawals. To make it worse, because we had been together for so long, I'm not, and never will be capable of giving her that feeling and because of that, I can't really help. I'm actually even more angry now than I was before. Like I said before, she has indicated a couple of times that she's not disinterested in trying to fix our marriage, but she refuses to go to couples therapy and basically shuts down any ideas that I have. Possibly she just needs time, I don't know.โ€

You can legit get a girl if you're close to her and atleast try to understand what her needs are and filll the void in her mental space, but shits too much work

You can legit get a girl if you're close to her and atleast try to understand what her needs are and filll the void in her mental space, but shits too much work
I have gotten multiple, iโ€™m not an incel, but you will truly not get a taste of true love.

I used to cope about it and think to myself โ€œnot all girls are like this, I just have to find the right one, find a hqnp woman,โ€ but iโ€™ve personally never had an experience to back me up on this.

You can do ANYTHING, fill whatever void you want, give her anything, look the best, have the perfect personality, but the odds are always against you i.e either of you losing feelings, either of you being unfaithful, you both getting in fights and falling out, etc, it truly will never go your way and if it does it is because she is reliant on you.

The true blackpill isnโ€™t realizing looks are everything, it is realizing that unconditional love doesnโ€™t exist, no matter your condition.

• +1
Reactions: FBl and MonoTBB
I have gotten multiple, iโ€™m not an incel, but you will truly not get a taste of true love.

I used to cope about it and think to myself โ€œnot all girls are like this, I just have to find the right one, find a hqnp woman,โ€ but iโ€™ve personally never had an experience to back me up on this.

You can do ANYTHING, fill whatever void you want, give her anything, look the best, have the perfect personality, but the odds are always against you i.e either of you losing feelings, either of you being unfaithful, you both getting in fights and falling out, etc, it truly will never go your way and if it does it is because she is reliant on you.

The true blackpill isnโ€™t realizing looks are everything, it is realizing that unconditional love doesnโ€™t exist, no matter your condition.
So living your life alone with side chicks and a child with surrogacy is the best way?

• +1
story 1

story 2

• WTF
me and my gf have it i think im lucky

• +1
Reactions: MonoTBB
MonoTBB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back