Does Masseter Hypertrophy Actually Look Good?

CopeMaxxer

CopeMaxxer

Bronze
So a big part of mewing/chewing is chewing hard foods to hypertrophy your masseters and get a wide looking jaw. However, I think there's a decent amount of debate in redpill communities on whether widening through masseter widening is a good thing. A lot of people say it makes you look bloated and gives you the moonface look. For example, looking at these TMD/TMJ patients, we are greeted with images like this :

bruxism_male_botox_teeth_grinding_jaw_clenching_masseter_jaw_reduction_treatment_before_and_after_botonics_naruschka_henriques_1.jpg

I know that jaw implants are an ideal solution, but people who can't get them right now (like myself) are often told masster hypertrophy through chewing would be good. Question is: Is this really the case?

• +1
Reactions: mojopin
I wish I'd have that

can look good on some people.

So a big part of mewing/chewing is chewing hard foods to hypertrophy your masseters and get a wide looking jaw. However, I think there's a decent amount of debate in redpill communities on whether widening through masseter widening is a good thing. A lot of people say it makes you look bloated and gives you the moonface look. For example, looking at these TMD/TMJ patients, we are greeted with images like this :

bruxism_male_botox_teeth_grinding_jaw_clenching_masseter_jaw_reduction_treatment_before_and_after_botonics_naruschka_henriques_1.jpg

I know that jaw implants are an ideal solution, but people who can't get them right now (like myself) are often told masster hypertrophy through chewing would be good. Question is: Is this really the case?
So the first image is the AFTER result? I'm guessing a lot comes down to a person's weight & skullshape, cheekbones, etc. Widening isn't the best result for everyone.

Last edited:
damn I thought I was the only one. When I was at my peak masseter development I just felt exactly like that. Although I think you just have to stick with it and accept that as your face until the upper jaw expands and then you can cut down. Idk though but it’s why I mainly chew cashew nuts and carrots now instead

Yes, it widens your jaw so ofc it looks good.
It also makes your jawline more visible.

• +1
Reactions: Nibba
So the first image is the AFTER result? I'm guessing a lot comes down to a person's wait & skullshape, cheekbones, etc. Widening isn't the best result for everyone.
the first image is a wider jaw due to tmd/tmj/clenching/bruxism. the second image is a surgical procedure (probably some kind of botox in the masseters) to slim down the face.

Masseter Hypertrophy and it's results look good on some, but it doesn't suit everyone tbh.

the first image is a wider jaw due to tmd/tmj/clenching/bruxism. the second image is a surgical procedure (probably some kind of botox in the masseters) to slim down the face.
I think it's a bit too slim now. I understand correcting the asymmetry but now he needs a more structured jaw again, otherwise it's too circular.

Looks good if your lean and accompanied by hollow cheeks. if you're fat then it might not be good but then you should just lose weight

From Chad to coping manlet betabux

From what I've seen it causes bloat in most people, but it really depends on your muscle insertions.