Does midface ratio even matter lmao?

D

Deleted member 18515

Bronze
1/3 of people say compact is ideal, 1/3 of people say 1:1 is ideal, 1/3 of people say long midface is ideal
does this ratio even matter like AT ALL??? like so many people say different things and no one can agree yet midface ratio is one of the main ratios
what do yall think is ideal?

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
it matters but not as much as other things

close ipd for example is a death sentence for aesthetics just like a very recessed maxilla/mandible

slightly long midface not

• +1
Reactions: Descargue96, Deleted member 9670, 𝐀𝐬𝐬𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 and 2 others
It’s a meme what matters more is lower third height ES/ipd and byzygomatic distance

• +1
Reactions: Slob, Moldovancel and Erik-Jón
1/3 of people say compact is ideal, 1/3 of people say 1:1 is ideal, 1/3 of people say long midface is ideal
does this ratio even matter like AT ALL??? like so many people say different things and no one can agree yet midface ratio is one of the main ratios
Depends on the skull face, if u got a wide face it would still look good if it’s long, if u got a narrow long face u look like a horse, compact mid face is ideal in case u lack bones

The fact its so heavily debated what the ideal ratio is shows that its not one of the most important things for aesthetics

So long as its not at rhe extremes in either direction i dont think its a massive concern, although mine is borderline extremley compact

• +1
Reactions: Stopping@Nothing19, Moldovancel and ErbCel
Depends on the skull face, if u got a wide face it would still look good if it’s long, if u got a narrow long face u look like a horse, compact mid face is ideal in case u lack bones
Ive got wide zygos but a compact midface- i think in my case extending the midface slightly with CW rotation of the maxilla would be beneficial

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18301
It’s a meme what matters more is lower third height ES/ipd and byzygomatic distance
Unless its below 0.9 its kind of a meme really.
Like do people actually think having a midface ratio of 0.95 or 1.00 is gonna make a substantial difference?

Ive got wide zygos but a compact midface- i think in my case extending the midface slightly with CW rotation of the maxilla would be beneficial
Wide zygos without proper length cause the short face syndrome

• +1
Reactions: Slob and Erik-Jón
Like do people actually think having a midface ratio of 0.95 or 1.00 is gonna make a substantial difference?
Yes, 0.9 is better given good eyes and good jaw

• +1
Reactions: Erik-Jón
Wide zygos without proper length cause the short face syndrome
well thats probably what I have tbh but ramieri didnt reccomend any CW maxilla rotation only CW mandible rotation which is why I wanna consult another surgeon

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 18301
Yes long midface is a failo. Midface ratio doesn't have to be perfect just not long.

Yes, 0.9 is better given good eyes and good jaw

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, Stopping@Nothing19, Moldovancel and 1 other person
obviously it matters. the fuck?

cut out the low IQ threads.
thats my job.

i have extremely wide face but also long midface due to down growth. it actually looks somewhat proportional. it just makes my eyes look super tiny because they take up a smaller % of the space on my face. narrow jaws though so its still over for me.

is compact 1:1?

i have extremely wide face but also long midface due to down growth. it actually looks somewhat proportional. it just makes my eyes look super tiny because they take up a smaller % of the space on my face. narrow jaws though so its still over for me.
Than u would need a ccw rotation to fix the downgrowth with Bsso

thats my job.
how does it matter when theres a million conflicting opinions on it

People that say that long midface is ideal are coping hard as fuck. You can compensate for slightly long midface but being around 1:1 is ideal. Sometimes compact midface can work because it's a masculine trait.

People that say that long midface is ideal are coping hard as fuck. You can compensate for slightly long midface but being around 1:1 is ideal. Sometimes compact midface can work because it's a masculine trait.
hi since u know a lot about this can you reply with pics of close to ideal midface ratios?

The fact its so heavily debated what the ideal ratio is shows that its not one of the most important things for aesthetics

So long as its not at rhe extremes in either direction i dont think its a massive concern, although mine is borderline extremley compact
whatchu think is ideal

Even eye spacing can be frauded pretty well as long as it’s not subhuman

It obviously matters but not as much as autists who tell you that it's muh 1.1 midface ratio or death. Anything above 0.95 is fine honestly.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 9670, Racky and Blackgymmax

thats my job.
no it doesnt if u have compact ppl might say long is ideal if u have long ppl will say compact is ideal

Yes. Plus the small differences is what separates you from being alright looking and hot. If they're all like slightly off, you'll be like "meh" looking to women if you don't have an ideal pheno w coloring

It obviously matters but not as much as autists who tell you that it's muh 1.1 midface ratio or death. Anything above 0.95 is fine honestly.
what is ideal

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
Yes. Plus the small differences is what separates you from being alright looking and hot. If they're all like slightly off, you'll be like "meh" looking to women if you don't have an ideal pheno w coloring
ok so what is the ratio to look hot then? a super compact one, a 1:1? u never stated this

You can deviate from the ideal and look fine. You'll just be alright looking to foids if you're slightly off. Its only bad when it starts looking ridiculous like lower than 0.9 or so

You can deviate from the ideal and look fine. You'll just be alright looking to foids if you're slightly off. Its only bad when it starts looking ridiculous like lower than 0.9 or so
WHAT IS IDEAL

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
no it doesnt if u have compact ppl might say long is ideal if u have long ppl will say compact is ideal
1:1 is ideal and is considered compact. anything greater is technically considered overly compact and anything less is considered long. that being said usually anything from like .95 to 1.15 is also ideal and not a problem if it works for thier face.

also eyebrows, nose, nasalbridge, etc.. can all influence how one's midface ratio and EME is perceived

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ErbCel and Blackgymmax
but u r saying 1.1 > 1.0?

1:1 is ideal and is considered compact. anything greater is technically considered overly compact and anything less is considered long. that being said usually anything from like .93 to 1.15 is also ideal and not a problem if it works for thier face.

also eyebrows, nose, nasalbridge, etc.. can all influence how one's midface ratio and EME is perceived
can u show some ppl with 1:1 (ideal) ?

and wide ipd

thus having a perfect 1:1 mfr

look at jordan barret

guess what his mfr is
1.12 cause wide ipd

Last edited:
but u r saying 1.1 > 1.0?
Not necessarily. Lots of users here think that 1.1 is ideal because of the fact that male models such as Sean O'Pry share the same midface ratio.

But honestly, 1.1 makes a lot of guys look stunted/overly neotenous. Everyone knows that having a genuine horseface is a death sentence but having an overly compact midface (1.1 and above) can look really bad as well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Johnnybegood
>me at 0.95

i have 0,9. i think atleast 0,95 is ideal to make your face appear harmonious

so if he had a 1:1 he would be better right cus thats perf and not overly compact
If he had a taller skull then yeah. but for his face it's ideal. so no

Last edited:
If he had a taller skull then yeah. but for his face it's not even a failo. so no
so for narrow skulls long midface is ideal for normal sizes 1:1 is ideal and for wide a overly compact is ideal that makes so much sense ty

What’s the better ratio though : MF ratio or fWHR ?

so for narrow skulls long midface is ideal for normal sizes 1:1 is ideal and for wide a overly compact is ideal that makes so much sense ty
that's not what I said lmao. For Barret specifically if he had an 1:1 ratio he would look worse. cause he would need to get that by either shortening his IPD or lengthening his midface. neither would be good for his face

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ErbCel