Does septoplasty have visable cosmetic changes?

Goonerholocaust

Goonerholocaust

Bronze
Shouldn't it make your nose straight since the nose wall is what made it crooked in the first place or am I retarded?

no but you can combine it with rhino

• +1
Reactions: Mr.Proper
If you're asking this, you will most likely need a septorhinoplasty

• +1
Reactions: basedblackpiller
If you're asking this, you will most likely need a septorhinoplasty
I am getting one regardless, I was just wandering if It would correct my crooked nose of if I need to get like a rynoplasty for that

• Woah
Reactions: Acne Victim
I am getting one regardless, I was just wandering if It would correct my crooked nose of if I need to get like a rynoplasty for that
Septorhinoplasty will fix the crooked nose from the outside and also the inside

• +1
Reactions: Acne Victim
Septorhinoplasty will fix the crooked nose from the outside and also the inside
You think that would be possible to do for me when only the septoplasty is covered by insurance?

You think that would be possible to do for me when only the septoplasty is covered by insurance?
Idk, I’m actually in the same position myself and have an appointment next week to see my options. I already had a consultation with one doc who said I need septorhinoplasty and also said that you can argue that the rhinoplasty part itself will provide functional benefits, but maybe the insurance will only pay partially for the septoplasty part and rhinoplasty will need to be covered by me

Idk, I’m actually in the same position myself and have an appointment next week to see my options. I already had a consultation with one doc who said I need septorhinoplasty and also said that you can argue that the rhinoplasty part itself will provide functional benefits, but maybe the insurance will only pay partially for the septoplasty part and rhinoplasty will need to be covered by me
Oh the surgeon I'm working with works with the insurance company directly I think so it would be way harder to convince of anything like that

Maybe some minor ones like reduced nasal flaring or slightly more symmetrical nostrils but nothing major, your nose won't get straight from septoplasty since the bone is usually not broken only the cartilage is reshaped

Shouldn't it make your nose straight since the nose wall is what made it crooked in the first place or am I retarded?
I did a septoplasty, it changes litterly nothing. Just the breathing aspect basically

• So Sad
Reactions: ronald_2
I am planning on getting the same procedure done next summer ( septorhino along with turbinate reduction )

I did a septoplasty, it changes litterly nothing. Just the breathing aspect basically
That sucks to know. My nose is slanted to my right so it makes my face asymmetrical. I got xrays done for my entire skull because I feel I have several asymmetries on my facial bones (jaw, eyes), but in the results it only said that I have a deviated septum and that everything else is inside the normal ranges.

Now my wish is to make my nose completely straight, but I dont think septoplasty could achieve that.

That sucks to know. My nose is slanted to my right so it makes my face asymmetrical. I got xrays done for my entire skull because I feel I have several asymmetries on my facial bones (jaw, eyes), but in the results it only said that I have a deviated septum and that everything else is inside the normal ranges.

Now my wish is to make my nose completely straight, but I dont think septoplasty could achieve that.
U should consult dr salih aydin

• +1

You might be able to get a rhinoplasty aswell if your nose is too deviated.

Yeah it is. There's a huge difference when seeing my face normal vs mirrored.
In that case, Just claim after the septoplasty that you still cant breathe properly through nose and then your insurance is forced to cover the rhinoplasty aswell. That way you have all the benefits

In that case, Just claim after the septoplasty that you still cant breathe properly through nose and then your insurance is forced to cover the rhinoplasty aswell. That way you have all the benefits
I dont have insurance. Everything will come out of my pocket.

I dont have insurance. Everything will come out of my pocket.
Oh hell nah, in that case only do rhino and see if you NEED septoppasty aswell in that case

• +1