Does status = money x fame?

D

Deleted member 6111

Solstice
If status = money x fame and most people dont have fame then in most cases status is simply synonymous with wealth? However, I have recently got into the final stages of becoming a corporate lawyers and realised that my status is still lacking so what actually is status? Is it number of people you know irl or what?

If status = money x fame and most people dont have fame then in most cases status is simply synonymous with wealth? However, I have recently got into the final stages of becoming a corporate lawyers and realised that my status is still lacking so what actually is status? Is it number of people you know irl or what?
no because status can't be quantified over for ur IQ grey

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
One doesn’t simply become rich without building any connections.
So, if someone is rich then they by matter of fact have a lot of connections...... status is more in line with your position in a particular hierarchy.

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer and Stevensmithgerard
Life isn't a math equation. Status is status

One doesn’t simply become rich without building any connections.
So, if someone is rich then they by matter of fact have a lot of connections...... status is more in line with your position in a particular hierarchy.
Ok, but would, say, a 5'9 normie with bad hygiene who has a senior position at an investment bank, hedge fund, law firm or insurance company have status when it comes to sex and romance? i know a lot of these kinda guys in London, and they seem to only do well with obvious gold diggers. Surely in that situation status cant easily be differentiated from wealth. whereas a club owner, rapper, musician, photographer or artist seems to have much better "status" despite probably earning less and being further down a chain of command, plus having less direct influence. Surely then something like "style" is more important than status, beyond a certain point?

• +1
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard and Deleted member 9779
Life isn't a math equation. Status is status
ok but what does it actually mean? is it just the way people are perceived in society? surely in that case a far more public/extroverted figure such as a musician or artist or insta model would have more "status", even tho they have less status in the usual sense within their actual field? That seems more like style and public image than actual status

Status is like social status, it also varies by group. Like if you were a lead actor in a small movie that is only well known in your region, you would have a lot of status in that region but not that much in another region of equal size (Think how a german comedian would have extra status in Germany and maybe EU but not as much worldwide).

Also if you have any notable achievements they can boost your status without changing fame or money. Imagine if you got into some fights at school, maybe everyone there already knew who you are but if you beat someone's ass in a fight it improves your status.

• +1
Reactions: orthochadic and Stevensmithgerard
Status is like social status, it also varies by group. Like if you were a lead actor in a small movie that is only well known in your region, you would have a lot of status in that region but not that much in another region of equal size (Think how a german comedian would have extra status in Germany and maybe EU but not as much worldwide).

Also if you have any notable achievements they can boost your status without changing fame or money. Imagine if you got into some fights at school, maybe everyone there already knew who you are but if you beat someone's ass in a fight it improves your status.
you make sense but i dont think drawing analogies from school life is helpful, because it makes the assumption that everyone around you already knows who you are. For adults, I think people knowing who you are is half the battle, which is basically equal to fame except usually on a smaller scale. The vast majority of people are unknown to the vast majority of people. I could be a billionaire banker with exceptional intelligence, be a world level poker player, a cabinet member and have served three tours of afghanistan, but if nobody knows who I am literally no one will will care. So status is really about how people perceive you, which, even if youre theoretically high-status, high-achieving etc, most people wont have a perception of you at all. Therefore its style over substance, and status in this context is really style

• +1
Reactions: Hightwolf

what im saying is that most attributes and achievements are irrelevant to status unless you are either famous or you make a conscious effort to present a view of yourself to people which is probably false, or at least heavily exaggerated and likely divorced from your actual status irl. vast majority of people arent famous, so this, which is effectively lying, is presumably much more important than pure status in itself

• +1

The point of the original post was therefore to ask about more efficient ways of statusmaxxing past just getting a good job, credentials, money and professional position, which are largely irrelevant to people outside of that specific field. I dont wanna be fucking corporate lawyers for the rest of my life

• +1
you can have status while being broke. we are not in the 1800s nomore. everyone can get rich in todays society

• +1
Status is a tough one, because status exists even in environments where money doesn't really matter. For example, in the schoolyard. 14 year olds aren't high status in their school because they earn more money, but there's definitely a social hierarchy that exists.

I prefer to use the term social value than status. But social value is so broad in itself still - it can be a combination of number of friends/connections, lifestyle, job, influence over people, positions of power, money, notoriety.

If I inherit millions from my wealthy father and I live a boring life and have little to no friends - are women going to be throwing themselves at me because I have money? Not really. Most of the attraction of wealth comes not from the number on your bank balance, but living a desirable lifestyle, knowing a lot of people of influence, holding positions of power/influence, having some notoriety even if it's within a smaller circle (don't have to be a worldwide famous megastar).

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer, Gonthar and Stevensmithgerard
Also I tend to think with the high status professional job, is there a danger women put you in the "husband zone"? I don't think being a corporare lawyer is going to get you one night stands in a nightclub or have a rotation of 10 friends with benefits to be honest. When they hear a guy has a good steady job with an above average salary women will be tempted to think he'd make a good provider for their children.

• +1
Reactions: Gonthar
If status = money x fame
There you wrong already.
Status = your position in a social hyrarchy. Can be "in general", or in e specific environment (although there is some overlap).
Money = wealth. Can add to status in general, put limited component.
Fame = being known. Does add to status if known for postive stuff.

Status is a tough one, because status exists even in environments where money doesn't really matter. For example, in the schoolyard. 14 year olds aren't high status in their school because they earn more money, but there's definitely a social hierarchy that exists.

I prefer to use the term social value than status. But social value is so broad in itself still - it can be a combination of number of friends/connections, lifestyle, job, influence over people, positions of power, money, notoriety.

If I inherit millions from my wealthy father and I live a boring life and have little to no friends - are women going to be throwing themselves at me because I have money? Not really. Most of the attraction of wealth comes not from the number on your bank balance, but living a desirable lifestyle, knowing a lot of people of influence, holding positions of power/influence, having some notoriety even if it's within a smaller circle (don't have to be a worldwide famous megastar).
Yeah i think that touches on something quite important in terms of the "excitement" which a socially prestigious lifestyle gives a woman. Also looking at the relationship between social status and female sexual interest and arousal, the appeal of a romantic artistic type is obvious, as is the excitement of say a jet set traveller. But a corporate figure can also come across as domme e.g. 50 shades etc. which is pretty much the basest appeal to a woman. So i guess passed a certain point ie assuming one is actually successful and has achieved a certain social status, its more about living out the expected lifestyle and living up to the expectations a woman would have of how your professional role or social status would manifest itself in the fantasies of a woman. Its basically role-play i guess, which again just shows how closely interlinked status and style/presentation are when it comes to attracting women. A VP earning 200 grand a year who lives out the expected lifestyle would have more status appeal than a ceo earning a million who lives as a hermit and comes across as a loser

Also I tend to think with the high status professional job, is there a danger women put you in the "husband zone"? I don't think being a corporare lawyer is going to get you one night stands in a nightclub or have a rotation of 10 friends with benefits to be honest. When they hear a guy has a good steady job with an above average salary women will be tempted to think he'd make a good provider for their children.
Hmm yes this could be an issue but i was literally just speaking to a girl this morning who told me she gets turned on by "daddy lawyers" as well as, predictably, firemen, so I guess it could go either way

There you wrong already.
Status = your position in a social hyrarchy. Can be "in general", or in e specific environment (although there is some overlap).
Money = wealth. Can add to status in general, put limited component.
Fame = being known. Does add to status if known for postive stuff.
if money can add to status that implies that status is not simply position in a heierarchy.

if money can add to status that implies that status is not simply position in a heierarchy.
wealth = in a hyrarchy.

Status = also an hyrachy based of of alot of factors, where the money hyrarchy also plays a factor into.

You treat, asif Status hyrarchy is based on 1 single factor. WHILE, status is a combo of many factors.

Wehereas money, is just 1 factor based hyrarchy

Status, is like based on many things, like:
sex, age, race, family, attractiveness, education, occupation, marital status, accomplishments, money, whom your firends are, power, authority, notoriaty, or other factors.

Last edited:
status is making connections with other high value people. when people pay to be around you thats when you know you have realm status. normal status can be the hot guy in the neighborhood or the tall muscular god of the club, meaning situational status

No you need to take the square root of it and then add 1

• JFL
Reactions: piscicide
But how do you transform money into status?
Let's say you live in the basement, you're unemployed, have no friends, no social life, but somehow win the lottery or receive a huge sum of money, how do you transform it into status?

• +1
But how do you transform money into status?
Let's say you live in the basement, you're unemployed, have no friends, no social life, but somehow win the lottery or receive a huge sum of money, how do you transform it into status?
By buying expensive cars/homes/clothes but on the other hand this might make you seem cocky or like a betabuxx

Most Status comes either from being gl
and being an social media influencer or boss/leader

If you are gl you automatically have high status

But if you are wealthy you dont automatically have status

Last edited: