Does training neck help with forward head posture?

RealNinja

RealNinja

Silver
IMG 5528

From behind you can see two of my vertebrae sticking out. I have heard of doing chin tucks for this, but Im wondering if neck curls accomplishes the same thing. Is forward head posture related to having a weak neck? My upper back is strong but I never really do upper trap isolations like shrugs, and have never trained neck. I also don’t deadlift, which may contribute to lower neck strength.

Obviously I need to stop sitting like a gamer when I use my phone but I’m thinking neck curls will make good posture easier to hold for longer. Does this line of thinking make sense to you?

Dead hangs have helped me more

• +1
Reactions: NateJacobs
i have the same problem but my upper vertabrae is sticking out much more. looks like shit tbh.
im wondering the same thing.

i have the same problem but my upper vertabrae is sticking out much more. looks like shit tbh.
im wondering the same thing.
Someone on Reddit told me the progression goes chin tucks > chin tucks on hands and knees (using gravity) > chin tucks laying down > neck curls. Although I suppose you could go straight to neck curls as long as you take it slow and use light weights.