Don't put all your eggs in one basket (nuance is key)

Gargantuan

Gargantuan

Mod
Staff
What I've noticed on these type of forums, is that a lot of people operate within the intellectual confines of dichotomous thinking (This applies to most people in society as well, where it is arguably an even bigger problem).

If you criticize certain aspects of the blackpill/looks theory or point out several outliers, some will automatically assume that you're a bluepiller who is blissfully ignorant.
If you criticize certain aspects of the bluepill/someone pointing out outliers, some will automatically assume you're some sort of blackpilled autist who is severely out of touch with reality and never leaves his basement.

As I stated previously, a lot of people seem to fall into either of these 2 categories. And when you're dealing with a situation like the one that I described above, I think it's fair to assume that you're also dealing with people who are psychologically disposed to dichotomous thinking.
They see everything in black and white, there is no in-between for them, no shades of grey with these people.

They are incapable of comprehending nuance and they project that pathology onto you.
So any attempt at objective discourse is an exercise in futility with these people, most of the time.

That's not to say that a certain idea/ideology/theory whatever is foolish. However, people who decide to put all of their eggs in one basket (for example, variable x is everything, and all other factors are therefore meaningless) are invariably the least intelligent, the least informed and ironically the most clueless people you will ever come across.
They fall within the parameters of what is usually referred to as cognitive dissonance, their psychology is configured in such a way that they are incapable of assimilating facts and information which contradict their pre-existing perceptions.

Don't be like this, for the sake of your own mental health.

The blackpill is real, looks matter, there are outliers, hair, phenotype, height all matter as does money, social status, how sociable and neurotypical you are as a person, if you have poor/excellent neurotransmitters, your location/upbringing etc.
I shouldn't have to inform you that EVERYTHING matters in life, so pinning all of your hopes on a single theory doesn't work, usually.
Sure, some factors may outweigh others, but that doesn't mean that you should completely neglect or dismiss them. As I said before, nuance is key here.

TLDR:
Don't get trapped into a certain theory, ideology or idea, to the point where your ability to think critically starts to resemble that of a single-cell amoeba and try to avoid constructing complex delusions in order to reconcile the dichotomy. Because sometimes, it isn't all black and white.

The better you know your own mind, the less affected you will be.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Joe Rogancel, Deleted member 13511, thecel and 26 others
can you basket this thread for me bro? ngl

• +1
Reactions: thecel
TLDR:
Don't get trapped into a certain theory, ideology or idea, to the point where your ability to think critically starts to resemble that of a single-cell amoeba and try to avoid constructing complex delusions in order to reconcile the dichotomy. Because sometimes, it isn't all black and white.
:yes:

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 10524 and Gargantuan
true but I think most of us are exaggerating or trolling tbh

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 10524, Gargantuan and 1 other person
purple name = updoot

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: thecel, owlofathena, Deleted member 6273 and 3 others
water is wet walking encyclopedia

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
this is for all the height is everything fags here
9CB3A03E D474 4DD6 B4F4 8291B253D3F3

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: thecel, BigBoy, owlofathena and 8 others
everything matters theory proven again

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 10524, Looks234, LastHopeForNorman and 4 others
Yeah, balance between all three "pills" is key. That being said though, I think nowadays people are fairly reasonable when it comes to that (at least on here, incels.is is a completely different story). I remember blackpill forums in late 2018 (when I found out about all this stuff) being much more dogmatic in their views tbh.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, Looks234, Gargantuan and 1 other person
So... Just be Meeks?

this is for all the height is everything fags here
View attachment 1133834
What you don't have = everything theory

Manlets will say height is everything
Baldcels will say hair is everything
Recessedcels will say jaw is everything
Ethnics will say pheno is everything
Poorcels will say money is everything

People always want what they don't have, and see it as the most important thing in the world, usually.

• +1
Reactions: Looks234, turkproducer, Blue and 2 others
What you don't have = everything theory

Manlets will say height is everything
Baldcels will say hair is everything
Recessedcels will say jaw is everything
Ethnics will say pheno is everything
Poorcels will say money is everything

People always want what they don't have, and see it as the most important thing in the world, usually.
for me everything is everything

• +1
Yeah, balance between all three "pills" is key. That being said though, I think nowadays people are fairly reasonable when it comes to that (at least on here, incels.is is a completely different story). I remember blackpill forums in late 2018 (when I found out about all this stuff) being much more dogmatic in their views tbh.
Agreed. That's what I love about this forum, and the entire PSL community in general, as there are still a lot of people who don't fit the description that I posted in the OP.

When you talk to people irl, you realize that it's a much more prominent issue there. People only want to resort to using emotional rhetoric these days, it seems.

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Blue
When you talk to people irl, you realize that it's a much more prominent issue there. People only want to resort to using emotional rhetoric these days, it seems.
Exactly, this very thing can especially be observed in politics. Not only are political parties more often than not directly appealing to the emptions of their voters (because why wouldn't they when this is by far more effective than any actually well thought out political campaign?), but the voters themselves don't pick up it on and ultimately don't question what is being presented to them.

• +1
high iq observation , i enjoyed reading this post

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan and Enfant terrible
What I've noticed on these type of forums, is that a lot of people operate within the intellectual confines of dichotomous thinking (This applies to most people in society as well, where it is arguably an even bigger problem).

If you criticize certain aspects of the blackpill/looks theory or point out several outliers, some will automatically assume that you're a bluepiller who is blissfully ignorant.
If you criticize certain aspects of the bluepill/someone pointing out outliers, some will automatically assume you're some sort of blackpilled autist who is severely out of touch with reality and never leaves his basement.

As I stated previously, a lot of people seem to fall into either of these 2 categories. And when you're dealing with a situation like the one that I described above, I think it's fair to assume that you're also dealing with people who are psychologically disposed to dichotomous thinking.
They see everything in black and white, there is no in-between for them, no shades of grey with these people.

They are incapable of comprehending nuance and they project that pathology onto you.
So any attempt at objective discourse is an exercise in futility with these people, most of the time.

That's not to say that a certain idea/ideology/theory whatever is foolish. However, people who decide to put all of their eggs in one basket (for example, variable x is everything, and all other factors are therefore meaningless) are invariably the least intelligent, the least informed and ironically the most clueless people you will ever come across.
They fall within the parameters of what is usually referred to as cognitive dissonance, their psychology is configured in such a way that they are incapable of assimilating facts and information which contradict their pre-existing perceptions.

Don't be like this, for the sake of your own mental health.

The blackpill is real, looks matter, there are outliers, hair, phenotype, height all matter as does money, social status, how sociable and neurotypical you are as a person, if you have poor/excellent neurotransmitters, your location/upbringing etc.
I shouldn't have to inform you that EVERYTHING matters in life, so pinning all of your hopes on a single theory doesn't work, usually.
Sure, some factors may outweigh others, but that doesn't mean that you should completely neglect or dismiss them. As I said before, nuance is key here.

TLDR:

The better you know your own mind, the less affected you will be.
high iq take
its very prevalent on this forum
black and white thinking
sadly
iam talking to you jew haters

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Blue, Gargantuan and Deleted member 7651
high iq take
its very prevalent on this forum
black and white thinking
sadly
iam talking to you jew haters
??? We were taught for most of our lives that they are innocent victims who got persecuted and kicked out of a plethora of countries for absolutely no reason at all. That's the definition of black-white thinking. Being critical of them as a group - though it may sometimes come over as dogmatic - is still much less "black and white" than not being critical at all and taking up everything the media and education system tells you to.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Enfant terrible, Albeacho and Gargantuan
??? We were thought for most of our lives that they are innocent victims who got persecuted and kicked out of a plethora of countries for absolutely no reason at all. That's the definition of black-white thinking. Being critical of their behaviour as a group though it may sometimes come over as dogmatic is still much less "black and white" than not being critical at all and taking up everything the media and education system tells you to.
You guys just shifted from on side to another
You are still stuck in this black and white thinking
Now jews are all bad
Never heard something more nuanced here about jews
Most here are just hating not even critical at all
speaking like its facts all the time

Last edited:
  • +1
Biden Over

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: owlofathena and Gargantuan
But I have wasted my whole life on the chin pill... the sunk costs are too high to change my way of thinking now. I just know if I had a taller chin, everything would be different.

• JFL