Don’t think skincare routine is working

Kingcel32

Kingcel32

Solstice
I think the things I am using are simply too powerful or just don’t pair well with my skin. Also they are too expensive.

Was thinking of switching to curology to get a more personalize routine that’s also cheaper. Have you guys used this and does it work?

• +1
Reactions: ALP
Research Aajonus Vonderplanitz

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5189, Kingcel32 and ALP
Most skincare is utter cope, marketing hype. I had to learn it the hard way by spending thousands on skinceuticals, korean skincare etc. that ultimately did nothing.

What you need is a few key ingredients proven by hard science like double blind studies - just like Minoxidil is the only real thing that works for regrowing hair, there are only a few key chemicals that rapidly increase skin cell turnover or remove blemishes etc.

-Tretinoin. The only downside is you need a doctors prescription, but some online pharmacies will write you one after filling a short questionnaire.
-If you have acne, accutane. It is the only thing that systemically gets rid of all acne.
-Retinoids like granactive retinoid, which through complex chemical reactions will renew your skin and force it to build more collagen and elastin, which will make you look younger when applied daily for 3+ months
-Sunscreen whenever you go outside. On the face, not just on the body.

Those four are the god-tier.

Vitamin C serums, face mists, toners, exfoliators, BHA's, AHA's, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide?
I've tried them all. Cheap and expensive. Most of them will not do anything to ascend you and you will not only waste months waiting for results, you will burn a small fortune!

GHK-cu (copper peptides) did improve my fine lines a bit, but overall it was a waste of money as well. I bought the $90 NIOD version (CAIS 3:1).

You really want to improve your skin texture or make it glow? Combine in-office treatments like Fraxel laser with prescription ointments like tretinoin. There are no other proven treatments.

Most OTC (over the counter) products are garbage! The only OTC that is worth its salt is moisturizers, and you do not need an expensive $75 korean moisturizer. You can use any basic non-alcoholic Dove or Nivea moisturizer. At night you could even use Vaseline to slug your face - which costs 3 dollars a jar! And is used not just by ordinary people, but supermodels who earn 10x more than you with their looks.

Tldr; most over the counter skincare is a gigantic cope and ploy designed to part you from your money while giving you little to no tangible benefits. The sole purpose of these products is to benefit their shareholders. Most of the time, you will gain no visible benefits. Read the reviews carefully online. Even the expensive creams and ointments like La Mer (which has horrible ingredients, btw) are being slammed online with before/after picture proof that shows they do little to nothing to help your skin look better!

The best skincare item? Healthy food and avoiding sugar and processed food!

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22253, IIIlIIlllIllIIIll, Deleted member 17244 and 1 other person
skincare is cope for the most part.

If you think the products your using are too powerful for your skin, your skin barrier might be broken, which is why your skin sucks in the first place.

Get rid of your routine and adopt a simple cleanse + moisturise + occlusive. Use sunscreen too.

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32
skincare is cope for the most part.

If you think the products your using are too powerful for your skin, your skin barrier might be broken, which is why your skin sucks in the first place.

Get rid of your routine and adopt a simple cleanse + moisturise + occlusive. Use sunscreen too.
Yeah was thinking of switching to a double cleanse method, with toner, and then moisturizer and sunscreen. Also going to try to get tret prescription when I visit my dermatologist. Should be good enough and inexpensive until I get more money to start getting the shit for the anti-aging stuff in the botb thread.

Most skincare is utter cope, marketing hype. I had to learn it the hard way by spending thousands on skinceuticals, korean skincare etc. that ultimately did nothing.

What you need is a few key ingredients proven by hard science like double blind studies - just like Minoxidil is the only real thing that works for regrowing hair, there are only a few key chemicals that rapidly increase skin cell turnover or remove blemishes etc.

-Tretinoin. The only downside is you need a doctors prescription, but some online pharmacies will write you one after filling a short questionnaire.
-If you have acne, accutane. It is the only thing that systemically gets rid of all acne.
-Retinoids like granactive retinoid, which through complex chemical reactions will renew your skin and force it to build more collagen and elastin, which will make you look younger when applied daily for 3+ months
-Sunscreen whenever you go outside. On the face, not just on the body.

Those four are the god-tier.

Vitamin C serums, face mists, toners, exfoliators, BHA's, AHA's, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide?
I've tried them all. Cheap and expensive. Most of them will not do anything to ascend you and you will not only waste months waiting for results, you will burn a small fortune!uy is

GHK-cu (copper peptides) did improve my fine lines a bit, but overall it was a waste of money as well. I bought the $90 NIOD version (CAIS 3:1).

You really want to improve your skin texture or make it glow? Combine in-office treatments like Fraxel laser with prescription ointments like tretinoin. There are no other proven treatments.

Most OTC (over the counter) products are garbage! The only OTC that is worth its salt is moisturizers, and you do not need an expensive $75 korean moisturizer. You can use any basic non-alcoholic Dove or Nivea moisturizer. At night you could even use Vaseline to slug your face - which costs 3 dollars a jar! And is used not just by ordinary people, but supermodels who earn 10x more than you with their looks.

Tldr; most over the counter skincare is a gigantic cope and ploy designed to part you from your money while giving you little to no tangible benefits. The sole purpose of these products is to benefit their shareholders. Most of the time, you will gain no visible benefits. Read the reviews carefully online. Even the expensive creams and ointments like La Mer (which has horrible ingredients, btw) are being slammed online with before/after picture proof that shows they do little to nothing to help your skin look better!

The best skincare item? Healthy food and avoiding sugar and processed food!
This is an extremely blackpilled and accurate post :blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill::blackpill:

I can not believe the amount of ugly girls on Reddit falling for the vitamin c serum meme. It makes no fucking difference to your complexion at all JFL.

Retin-A and sunscreen/moisturizer!!!! Thats it!!!!!

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32